It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 DSi Games 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I plan on buying the japanese version of HG. I could play it on my Lite, but the touch screen works only half the time now. So, I'll use the DSi. I googled if it was region locked, and it said that software was not. But does software include games? Thanks in advance.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:49 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was actually wondering this myself the other day. Since I have internet access right now and because you asked, I poked around for info.

Wikipedia wrote:
Nintendo has reported that the DSi uses region locking for DSi-specific software, since the handheld provides Internet services tailored individually for each region, and uses rating-based parental controls which differ by country. However, elements such as Internet browsing, photo sharing, and Nintendo DS software are region-free.

You will indeed be able to play the Japanese version of HG on your DSi. :)

Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]