It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Shadows of Enigma [On break until everyone is back.] 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Don't worry Jag, everyone is about to get their first power(minus ching who has dual personalities) as soon as we get to the lake. There's a BIG surprise there.))

Red looked over at the girl. That's definitely not the same girl I was just talking to.

He looked over at the other guy, " This guy has a point. We just need to rest for a bit and try to get a hold on things."

"And hopefully find out why we are here.", Red muttered to himself.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"My name is Rich by the way." Rich said trying to move to towards the lake. Another wave of pain blasted him. "Ugh, these headaches take the :censored: ." Richard said reaching for his cigarettes. He got one out and flicked his lighter. He turned to look at everyone, "Oh, I'm sorry does anyone else want one? Well tough luck if you do cause ya aint getting one."

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:34 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Let's get there now so Achxes can kick the crap out of Ness and Rich! :) ))

Achxes wasn't arguing, he just didn't understand why Ness was complaining so much. He tried keeping the tone when he was telling Ness to shut up, but it was classed as an 'argument' anyway to the rest of the group. Achxes shot a glare at the female after she giggled, did she find our pain funny? He didn't understand at all. Perhaps it was better to stay away from her altogether.

Beginning to walk towards the lake, Achxes walked passed Rich, "Good, I hope you choke on it." He was still in a bad mood. Rich's smartass comment just heightened it.

He stopped, lowering his head, back towards the others. He growled silently with eyes shut, holding in his annoyance. This was the reason he hated people. "Who cares why we're here... If we just relax and keep our heads about us, the answers will come to us. Now, Red..." Red was the only one he could put up with so far, "How about we just move on to the lake like you said. Maybe we all just need sleep."

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:51 am
I need to shut the **** up

((Guys, you don't know my name. "/))

"This headache is KILLING me," said Ness, just to annoy the biker.

"I'm Ness, by the way, sweethearts." She winked at Red and licked her lips. Then suddenly her breath caught in her throat and she started crying again.

"Bugger!" Vanessa said. The tears made her voice wobble and made the curse sound less impressive.

"Look, we seriously need to work together. I'm sorry about that weird phase, I kind of had Multiple Personality Disorder, and it wavers every so oft -"

Everything went red.

"Woah! Woooooooah. What the hell is going on here? Seriously, people, where are we?"

VD, glad to finally be in charge, stood up, even though the headache felt like the Hulk had been unleashed on her brain.

"Right, I'm getting Enigma, creepiness, unpleasantry, and fags. Enigma and creepiness is the planet, unpleasantry is biker boy, and fags iiiiiis you."

VD turned to Rich.

"Please, c'mon. Unless you want my other personalities to a) make you commit suicide, or b) rape you, then gimme one. Desperate here!"

((I LOVE MY CHARACTER.))

{chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:01 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Um, what the hell? Could you please tone down your character and cut the word 'fags', 'suicide' and 'rape' from your vocabulary? I can't follow your character and seriously it's not fun reading or trying to bond with your character, at all... Meh, I'll see where you go with it... By the way, Achxes didn't say the name, the narrator did, third person. If it was first person I wouldn't mention the name if Achxes didn't know it. In other words, I was lazy.))

"By the way," Achxes turned, "My name is Achxes. A-C-H, X-E-S. Got it memorized? Good, let's get going before she kills herself," he smirked slightly.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Great! Now that we know everyone's name we might be able to remember why we're here." ((I don't know what to do about Beav but if he still wants to play he can join up with us later.))

Fantastic! I'm stuck with a bunch of psychotic people. We have a crazy chick, a guy with a short temper, and an :censored: .(( that one's you Jag.))

Red began walking to the lake, the others walking next to him. From what Red could tell there were no sounds except the sound of the water brushing the shore. " Everything is here that can support life, but there are no animals of any kind that I can see."

The group arrived at the shore and Red sat down immediately due to the strength it took to suppress the pain. " We should all do something to make a camp.", he looked over at Achxes, " Do you think you could get us some wood for a fire, since you are the strongest out of all of us?" Red walked over to the shore, " Well I guess there is some kind of life."

There were medium sized fish swimming in the shallow water, but something was off about them. Red looked closer, the fish had metallic lined fins and they were all a variety of colors. " They still looked edible." Red walked over to the tall grasses. He picked up a medium sized stick and broke off a small piece to make an end jagged and sharp. He waded in the water, waiting for the moment to strike. With a swift moment Red was able to spear one of the exotic fish. " Well I guess I got food duty. Everyone else needs to think of something else we need and get it."

(( This is the part where everyone gets their powers. You all go on a seperate "mission" to find resources and get attacked by some kind of animal (make up the animal, it can be anything). While everyone is gone I find out what else is in the lake. Don't worry though, we'll feast like kings! ))

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Red hasn't posted in my roleplay in awhile. :( If there's anything you're not too sure about, feel free to PM me.))

Achxes nodded, "I guess I could do that," he turned back to the forest, "I knew I had to eventually go alone, for some reason..." he had a mind blank for a split second, looking back up and normally.

He stepped back, turning to Red before moving on, "I'll be back soon. I won't wonder too far, considering the forest gives me the creeps, too. There doesn't seem to be any other places where I can find wood, anyway. Good luck on catching those fish, and..." Achxes looked to Ness, Rich, and then back to Red, "Be careful."

Achxes began to walk and proceed towards the forest. When he was a great distance away, he began murmuring to himself, "Hmm... Maybe working as a team won't be so bad... Still...why do I feel so strange about this place, and those people... Have a met them before...? No, I don't think so..."

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:11 am
Just your average 10 year old

Ace (or tom or whatever the :censored: my name is) Heard the people talking. "THis dream sucks" he said to him self. He walked over to them. "Uh hi. I'm Ace" (or tom or whatever the :censored: my name is) "And I would like to know what the :censored: Kind of twisted dream this is?"

Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:29 am

((Crunchy, enlighten me please as to what you mean by "tone down your character". And she's meant to be a Brit, so fags are kind of a British word. Although, I see what you mean by rape and suicide. =/ And you're not supposed to like her (much). Exactly what did you think I meant by "fags"? I don't even get that mini-rant. Explain?))

"Urm, hey. What am I doing? Because, uhm, I want to make myself useful before I become violent or depressed. Oh, whatever, I'll, um, get water! As far away from here as I possibly can!"

VD smiled, marching off into some foliage. She stamped on it to try and get through. There was a rustle. VD didn't notice.

"Rightio, I need some sort of vase or such like to hold the water. No? Damn. Uhhhh....."

She turned on the spot, looking for something hollow.

you watch it, the stick legs and it smells so good, meat, food, eat, hunger, it will hear you, stealthy, now, can't see you, must attack when not looking, make no sound, musn't hear....

((That's my monster. Dunno what it looks like yet. I'll get my powers when Red does. And mebbe Crunchy.))

{gorebyss}

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Beav that's not necessary so I'm giving you a warning. Ching, oh my flippin' god! We're next to a lake! No, but seriously can you pick something else. How about berries or something, idk.))

Red continued to fish as everyone left to get supplies. Red speared about twenty fish and was about to spear the last one for the day.

As the spear made contact with the fish a large tremor shook the top of the water. " That can't be good." Red looked at the fish he just killed. It had four tentacles under its' jaw, a spiky dorsal fin, and instead of a tail it had tentacles (like a squid). Red backed onto the shore, fear and curiosity pulsing through his vains, mainly fear though. Water began to swell in the center of the lake, " Oh my go..."

The water exploded and a similar but larger creature surfaced, tentacles flailing the air. " I'm totally scewed." The creature advanced to the shore and lowered its' jaws to reveal a ring of razor sharp teeth. " Really screwed." The creature slung a tentacle at Red. He threw up his arms to shield himself for the blow, it never came. That was fast. I didn't feel a thing. Maybe... no.... could I?

As Red opened his eyes, he witnessed something that could only be a miracle. The squid-fish was trying to get through a wall of water that was blocking its' attacks. " No way!"

"What happens if I do this?", Red thrusted his arms forward and the water crashed into the creature like a truck. Red was taking full advantage of the situation of his newly aquired powers. He raised his hands and the water in the lake rose up. He moved it over the creature, " Water has three forms, maybe I can control them too." Red made fists and the water solidified into ice, " Nice!"

He thrusted on his arms and the ice block crushed the squid-fish. Red picked up his spear and walked over to it. He poked it, " Yeah, I think it's dead. Well at least I'm done fishi.... Oh great! How are we supposed to cook this?!"

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:39 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

*superiorchingling* wrote:
((Crunchy, enlighten me please as to what you mean by "tone down your character". And she's meant to be a Brit, so fags are kind of a British word. Although, I see what you mean by rape and suicide. =/ And you're not supposed to like her (much). Exactly what did you think I meant by "fags"? I don't even get that mini-rant. Explain?))

((Uh, okay. Meh, whatever. I guess I just dislike the whole multi-personality thing. It's hard to keep up with, but I'll try my best. I admit, I expected the worse when you mentioned that word, but I didn't realise you meant the cigarettes. My bad. Just try not to be suicidal anymore, I'm going through some issues with some friends (some are as bad as your character), and yeah, I'd rather not have the reminder in a forum that takes my mind off that crap. Thanks. And Beav, get a grip. If you're pissy about something, don't take it on the roleplay Red has made to have fun. Do it elsewhere.))

Achxes walked through the bushes to a quiet little path that led deeper into the unknown. He figured he'd stay put here without going further. Achxes stood on a twig as he heard it snap, looking upon the fallen branches among the composted leaves. Hell, these will do, he wouldn't even have to break a sweat. Nature did the job for him already.

As Achxes kneeled down to gather the firewood, he heard a rustling sound. He stopped, but the sound went away. It was probably nothing, he thought as he continued.

Suddenly, a huge hog-like creature jumped from the foliage and took Achxes for a tumble down the leaves and into a pot hole. The hog now on top of him, trying to rip him apart, Achxes struggled to overpower it and throw it off. Eventually, he kicked it off with all his strength, heavy as it was, launching it over the top of his head with both legs.

Achxes, quickly regaining himself to his feet, the hog scurried to rollover and back into the attack with a large raging grunt and horrible gurgling growl. It must have been hungry.

Achxes picked a long branch by his side as a resort. No way was he going to wrestle that monstrosity again. If Achxes only had his bike, he could've possibly ran that freak of nature down, if not scare it away with the loud engine.

The hog as large as Achxes proceeded to try and barge Achxes again. Achxes took a swift sidestep, a lucky close call.

"UHHHH, that's it you little freak." Suddenly, what was thought to be the branch was actually a sword in his hand.

The hog ran at Achxes again, and then stab. Achxes had skewered the hog right in the back. It squirmed for only but a second before Achxes lashed it out, putting the miserable thing out of its misery.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:10 pm

((Real sorry, Crunchy, I will try to cool it down. I'll keep it to Vanessa for now, although I'll try to tone down the suicidal side. It's just I'm a little like that. I enjoy pouring out my emotions into fictional characters.))

VD was collecting berries ((happy, Red?)), when suddenly everything went blurry.

"Woah. I.....I feel crappy. What? I....Oh, God...."

Vanessa ((depressed 'un)) walked to the lake and dipped her hands inside, splashing the cool water over her face to wash away the tears.

Not permanently. Never permanently. I won't get rid of this.

Vanessa was slammed in the back and something pierced her. She fell face forward in the water, breathing in a lungful of the stuff. It burnt her throat on the way down. Coughing and spluttering, she thrashed about and clipped the thing that was attempting to drown her. The weight got off her back and she threw her head back. She hacked away, little specks of blood landing on her hand. Lying on the floor, Vanessa was oblivious to the cheetah-sized, scarlet red cat with neon green eyes and fangs dripping with venom that was watching her. It had already been hit once - it had to plan the next move with complete precision.

Then, as it leapt, Vanessa saw everything in monotone; everything looked black, grey, the lake a shocking white. She turned around and there was the cat, flying towards her, claws outstreched. In defense, Vanessa put up her hands.

There was a moment's pause.

Then pure, night black burst out of her hands, almost like an energy, but much, much darker. It slammed into the cat and there was a crunch and the cat mewled a screechy mew as something or other broke.

It was almost as if the stuff was solid. But that was aburd. Darkness wasn't solid....

Then again, it was about as absurd as her boyfriend turning into a snake, her randomly appearing on a planet out of 6 billion odd people on the Earth, her meeting a load of idiots in the same predicament, a relapse of her MPD, and darkness spewing out of her fingers.

And all in the same day.

The cat was now enveloped in the darkness, almost as though it was being smothered by a blanket. And strings of darkness continuously came out of her fingertips. The substance finally covered the cat completely. There was a bit of movement, a struggle, then stillness. The darkness suddenly, without warning, retracted into Vanessa's hands. She felt a little better now it was in her. Almost....safe. The cat lay dead, suffocated.

Vanessa had an idea. She imagined the stuff as a basket, and immediately it formed a deep, pitch black basket. Experimentally, Vanessa caught a berry and dropped it in the basket.

It stayed there.

She shook her head in disbelief and carried on picking the berries.

{wobbuffet}

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 am

Ace walked over to the lake and saw a girl making darkness from her hands Wierd... She killed that cat... Peda's gonna hate her now. But how does she do that? Maybe she's a demon. I should speak to her. Ace walked over to her. "Uh hi. My name is Acee ((or maybe tom... gotta check that)) and I noticed what happened. Uh how did you do that darkness thing and killing the cat?"

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:43 am

"Um, uhhhhh.....I just had this evil headache and then, um....the cat attacked me and I did it automatically??"

Fair does, I sound like I'm not even sure what happened. And I saw it. Meh.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:48 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Achxes walked over to the assumed campsite where Red, Ness, and Ace were standing with their new powers, assumed to be unlocked. Achxes had wood staked in his left arm, dragging the now dead hog along with him by the tusk behind him with his right. He dropped the great pile of wood by his side and threw the large hog in front of him without much effort.

"Anyone up for some pork? Oh," Achxes reached out as a blade appeared before him in his cupped hand, shiny metal and black, "Anyone else have any powers? And was there anyone else who got attacked by a strange creature?"

He looked over to Red, the large dead squid, and Ness, the black bowl of berries pulsing with darkness. The question was kind of a given.

Achxes gave off a droplet of sweat down his forehead, and grasped his right shoulder with his left hand. He ached a little. Perhaps summoning the blade tired him out a fraction. He noted to himself to be careful and cautious of this ability.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:19 am

"Well we need a fire. You guys all have powers so maybe I do too." Ace tried make a sword, tried to do whatever Red's power was, and trieds ness's darkness thing. "Well it appears I am powerless.' He said clapping his hands together. When he pulled them apart, a fire ball shot out at a tree igniting it. "OH :censored: ! I STARTED A FOREST FIRE!" he yelled trying to put it out.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:53 am

"Um, OK....you might want some water for that....anyone here water-bending?"

Vanessa looked around, then stared at Red.

"How the hell did you kill that humongous thing?!"

Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:39 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Well I was going to wait for Jag to post but now my hand has been forced. Thanks ching, jk it's okay.))

Red looked at Vanessa,"This is how I killed it." Red flung his hand in the direction of the burning tree and a jet of water shot out off the lake, putting out the fire.

"Yeah I can apparently control water in every state of matter. Watch." Red extended out his hand, fingers spread far apart and he began moving the vapor from the fire. "And I can also change its' state of matter." He closed his fingers into a flat hand and vapor turned into liquid water. Red made a fist and the water turned to solid ice. He dropped his arm, leaving the ice to melt on the ground, and looked at the others.

"Well it looks like ya'll have some stories of your own to tell."

Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:25 am
Profile WWW

"Phew. Thanks for a minute I thought Smokin' the bear would track me down and kill me."

"It seems to me everyone else has at least helped get food while I have torched a forest." Ace said looking at the campfire. Or where it would be. He pointed at it and an ember leaped forth and lit it. "And light the fire"

Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Achxes watched Red's performance. How could he have been able to do that so easily if this was just his first attempt? Ness's darkness being used in a solidified state, Ace's fire, and the strange blade Achxes had...

After setting up the firewood in a burnable format for Ace, Achxes stood back up, taking a step back. He glared down at the flames. The sun was dying down into the horizon of the lake. It was getting dark now, and a little chilly. The fire was warm, but it didn't comfort him in the least.

Achxes looked over to Ness, she seemed beaten up, even more so than the rest of them. She must have been in some kind of struggle, if not with herself. The squid that Red slain lay dead behind them as well as the hog Achxes dealt with. He assumed Ness had another encounter, but he wasn't bound to talk to her. He quickly turned his head.

Achxes sat down. "...When I was attacked, the blade just suddenly appeared," he looked over the metal, almost sadly, "And like an instinct, without thinking, I used it to protect myself, without any wonders of what it actually was, not until the battle was over and the danger was gone. It was just all impulse, I guess."

"I have this feeling like we've had these powers all along, hidden within ourselves. Who knows? Maybe if we work hard enough we could unlock something deeper. That's my opinion, anyway."

Achxes threw in a few more pieces of wood from behind him.

"Anyway, I guess I could butcher Babe and Squidward. Red, if you could clean the blood and gunk afterwards, that would help. We can cook these in the fire and have us a barbeque."

Achxes stood up again, dragging the monster behind with him, behind the campsite and away from the others in the shadows by the lake's shore. Unlike most people, Achxes's stomach never turned. He started hacking away, black-like blood splattering throughout the darkness. If he would stand upon the light now, Achxes would probably be covered in red blood. It was still warm, too.

"Hey, Red. Could you clean me up a bit while you're at it?"

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 am

Vanessa looked away quickly.

Oh, no. Not blood. Oh, Goooooood, noo....

Vanessa took a deep breath, attempting to swallow back the bile that was rising in her throat. Experimentally, she raised her hand, desperate for a distraction.

Darkness leaked out of her fingertips and enveloped a single blade of grass, plucking it whole from the ground. Fascinated, Vanessa stared at the pulsating blackness, with a bizarre kind of obsessive curiosity.

((Hokay, Red....when are you guys gonna discover your second set of powers? I want to wait a little.))

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:30 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Sadly Jag won't be able to continue with us. He has too much stuff going on right now so he doesn't want to hold us back on the story line. So continue the story as if he didn't even apply.))

Red looked at Achxes' blood soaked body, Cool. Hacking is the best violence.

"Yeah no problem." Red pulled a large glob of water over Achxes. He fluttered his fingers downward and the water came down as rain. "I didn't know I could do that. I think you're right about us having these powers all along. Now hold onto your sword." Red shot a jet of water at the blade. The water cleaned all the blood off of Achxes and his sword. Red swiped down his arms and the water on Achxes and his sword was pulled off and absorbed into the ground.

"I think that the headaches we experienced were the powers coming forth." Red looked around," This planet may seem to be like Earth but it holds so many secrets. Anyhow, at least we know that the meat won't go bad with me here." Red laughed a little. He didn't want to remember the flashback, he felt a pinch of sadness envelope his heart everytime.

(( Second powers won't happen until we go deep into the forest, which will be tomorrow(story time). I have a plan for the second powers, so no one can use them until I use mine.))

EDIT: Thanks Jag for telling me( I honestly didn't know, don't blame me.) We all will miss you in Enigma but we all will see you in every other rp :mrgreen: .

Last edited by redt on Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:43 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

(For the record it's a he. Also guys, as some of you have noticed I am slightly unactive in some of my other RPs and hope to update them soon. Have fun here guys, maybe when I have a bit more spare time I'll drop in and read what you dudes have been up to. I do love a good Rp. Best wishes - Jagz.)

Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((If it's alright, I'd like to expand on my blade-power thingy so it can much up to your guys' powers. It just has to do with summoning that particular blade. Achxes can change its shape and form, as long as he’s strong enough. The power and the size Achxes can change it to grows when Achxes grows stronger throughout the roleplay. He will also be able to manipulate them through the air, also having multiples of the same blade out at the same time out. Just checking with you, Red, before I add this.))

After a while, Achxes had sliced long, bloody strips of meat, and had totally gutted the large boar of its insides, leaving nothing more than its skin and meaty bones to place the food quantity in. But they couldn't eat or cook them so large, and the fish Red had speared earlier just under the squid's tentacles still needed to be gutted.

Suddenly, Achxes had another mental mind-blank. It was similar to when he was fighting off the creature, and the blade suddenly appearing out of habit in the middle of combat. Closing his eyes and crossing his arms up in front of him into an X, the blade in his right hand turned from a short sword and conjured down into a shortened dagger. Giving no expression of surprise, Achxes continued his display of fast-paced butchering.

It wasn't long before Achxes had cut and gutted everything into nice smart pieces like a master chef. He managed the raw pork, squid and fish in the ribcage of the hog's carcass. It was ready to be washed and cleaned out by Red.

"Okay... This should be enough to feed the four of us, and maybe an army," Achxes stabbed the blade back into the top of the carcass, throwing his leather jacket over his shoulder. He blew out a whistle as he wiped his arm across his sweaty forehead. Thankfully Red's power came in handy by cooling him off, too.

Achxes stood wondering, looking upon the mutilated creatures. He thought about what Red said; agreeing that the powers were inside them all along. To Achxes, this strange power to manipulate and his skill with said blades was all too familiar. He tried thinking about it further, but to only come to a dead-end; a memory all too foggy to see, and then, the headache picked up again.

Achxes turned to Red, "You can clean the blood and gunk from the meat now. After you do that, freeze the food. It ought to be heavy so I'll carry it to the fire. Ask Ness if she can dark-bend a hotplate or something over the fire so we can cook this right."

He stepped back to let Red do his magic, forgetting about the dagger. Realising it, in a moment's flash, his blade flung out of the flesh and propelled back to Achxes's hand in a swift movement through the air. His reaction was all too perfect, grabbing the blade by the handle without even a single blink.

"Hmph," he grunted, almost careless of this achievement. It disappeared in a flicker as he clenched the handle and made a fist.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

(( Yeah that's fine.))

Red watched as Achxes made the dagger disappear into thin air. "Wow! That can definitely come in handy." Red looked over at the extra meat, " I can use my powers to carry the ice. That way your hands would be free to use your blade."

Red quickly washed all the meat, " There we go! Now let's take some to the fire and great idea about getting Vanessa to make a frying pan." Red walked back to the camp, arms full of fresh meat.

"Hey Vanessa? Would you mind making up a frying pan to cook with?" Red looked over at Ace, " I would ask you to cook them but fire is a dangerous thing and I don't want to burn the meat. No offense."

Red didn't want to get on anyones bad side since they were all stuck here together. But something in him said that he has known them before, that all of them appearing here was no coincidence.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next