It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wii and gamecube memory 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

hey guys and gals :D

you know how the Wii has two USB ports? well i was wondering if those could be used for gamecube game memory :-O

what about the SD card slot? I want to get a gamecube game but i don't want to waste money on memory cards if it is not needed :-/

k, thanks :D :D :D

~~animepokefan~~

Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

If you want to save memory from a Gamecube game on the Wii, you need a Gamecube memory card. THEY WILL NOT SAVE ON ANY EXTERNAL MEMORY DEVICE (SD cards included). If you have a Wii however, the price is worth more as a backwards compatible system than it is as a system that plays Wii games. That game you want to buy? Get it; the memory card to save your progress is worth the added price. The GCN is far better than a Wii. Seeing as GCN is last gen., buying GCN games and memory will be cheap and so worth the value.

However, I think that the Wii is the bottom of the barrel this generation, so I hope someone else replies to give you a better perspective.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 am
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I wouldn't consider the Wii as bottom of the barrel. PS3 is more deserving of that title.

The main issue with the Wii is the sheer number of crap vs good games that are released. The wii has quite a few diamonds in its pile of manure called video games. A lot of them go unnoticed though, which leads to the horrible rep that the Wii has among gamers. I personally love the Wii, though I could do without the 9000 "PARTY MAMA SPORTS GAME" games that are out on the console. This holds true with the DS as well, but some of the party games (like Rhythm Heaven) are actually quite enjoyable and fun, unlike its Console conterpart.

My issue with the PS3 is the fact that it has very few games worth even looking at (graphics aren't everything, but apperantly Sony never got that memo) and it has an insane price tag. I don't want a blue ray player for over 9000 dollars, I just wanna play my games, thanks. The PSP suffers from the low amount of games issue, but at least THAT thing is crackable and affordable. (the PHAT version, anyways. The other versions are a waste of money and have uber nazi security)

I'd have to say that the 360 is this gens leader as far as games are considered. It has a big collection of games, and it won't make your wallet cry (much). The one thing that hurts the 360 is the dreaded RED RING OF DEATH. If it hadn't been for that, the 360 would be the best console atm without a doubt.

As for your gamecube games, you WILL need a memory card. They aren't all that expensive though, and can easily be found at places like Gamestop, or online at ebay. If you don't want to play Wii games in the first place though, just run out and get an old gamecube. It cost less then any of the consoles out right now. I believe it is down to 30 bucks right now.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Yeah, GCN memory cards are necessary. I recommend against getting any Memory Card 59's though, as they fill up rather quickly if you play a fair amount of GCN games. MC 251 and that one >1000 one (can't remember its size exactly) or an offbrand memory card are better in the long run for GCN memory.

Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]