It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 How "Classic" Do You Want It To Be? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do you want the GS remakes to have everything the same, except for graphics? Personally, I hope they have Ho-Oh and Lugia in each game like they did, and I hope there are no 3rd/4th gen pokemon in it. I'd hope thy'd make it so the pokemon eggs you received from that guy still have a 50% chance to be shiny.

Sat May 23, 2009 5:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

What you want to see in the game.

Also, it was one egg in Crystal that had a 50% chance of being shiny.

Sat May 23, 2009 5:52 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'd like it to maintain the story line contain Kanto still, still have the custom made pokeballs in Azleaf town (though this might be altered to something like seals which I hope they don't), and the return of the bug catching contest but I would also like to see things like battle tower/frontier and contests. I would also like the versus seeker instead of that stupid phone (I would never register anyone during the main play because they wouldn't stop calling me :frustrated: ) The pokeradar and multispeed bike would also be enjoyable and it probably wont happen but maybe the in play secret base instead of the underground ones.

Wed May 27, 2009 1:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

put in enough classic stuff for us to remember what it was like, and add a bit extra, like FRLG.

Wed May 27, 2009 6:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Very classic, with the custom Pokeballs, the kanto stuff, THE SAME MUSIC (obviously updated, but generally the same.), blah blah blah.

Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The same pokeball maker would be great, but the balls should be ones you can't get in the store (i.e. dusk, repeat, heal).

Thu May 28, 2009 4:21 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I hope it stays true to the originals much like FRLG, which I though Nintendo did a great job with. I think I'd pull my hair out if I saw gen III/IV before beating the game (like was done in FRLG). Also, I'd like to see more content focusing on Johto and very little Generation I pokemon - until Kanto if they choose to include it.

Fri May 29, 2009 12:01 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

See, the problem with was they only added 100 new Pokemon - and that's COUNTING Celebi/Ho-Oh/Lugia/Raikou/Entei/Suicune. They'll HAVE to include the Kanto Pokemon (or if they want to do things differently, Hoenn and Sinnoh.) Don't you think it'd be a dull game with 100 Pokemon, including the legendaries?

As for me, I'm unsure myself. I know I'd like to see the original Pokemon appear in their original places....but I don't know about Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon. Maybe add Hoenn Pokemon when you get to Kanto? There's not much reason to add Sinnoh Pokemon since they were in DPP.

Just my view on it.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think he meant kanto and jhoto pokemon being that those are gens 1 & 2. It would be interseting if they kept it to those pokemon until a certain point in the game but knowing nintendo they'll probably change that. I would be fine either way but it would make it more challenging to put a team together.

Fri May 29, 2009 11:19 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Yeah, I mean because Gen II had the lowest amount of pokemon they'll have to use some from Gen I. I just really don't want to see and Hoenn or Sinnoh pokemon until after you've beaten the main part of the game like they did in FRLG. Sorry if I confused anyone.

Fri May 29, 2009 1:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i want the game to be almost exactly the same. a small new area might be nice, but the pokemon and gyms should be the same. maybe a few extra sidequests would be nice.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Fri May 29, 2009 4:09 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Id like it to be classic, same music, same legendary locations, and maybe a few different areas, i dont want the same exact game play maybe they should mix up the story a bit

Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would personally really like a storyline concerning the legendaries like there has been since RSE, but I don't at all expect them to change the story at all. I would also like the routes to be redone a little bit. Playing FRLG after RSE was depressing a little for me because the routes and cities were so bland, it would be cool for them to mix up the trails a little bit, but again I'm not expecting it.

Other than that, I want them to make it harder. Lvl 50 champion pokemon are pretty damn easy to roll over.

Sat May 30, 2009 7:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I feel like it should be fairly true to the original, same story and music, but with updates like they did for FRLG. I also think that they should include evolutions of the orginal 251 pokemon. For example, I want to be able to evolve my Aipom into Ambipom and my Sneasel into Weavile before beating the game. It'd be cool if they didn't make Kanto so limited, 'caue in GSC all you did was go there, get the badges and fight Red. There was very little depth. Overall, just do whatever is possible to prolong the storyline.

One final note, I really really really hope they decide to increase the levels on the pokemon you face. Seriously, Lance's best pokemon tops at, what, level 50? That's crazy. I want to be destroyed multiple times by a Level 75 monster :twisted:

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:59 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i agree about an expanded kanto region, and definately make thing harder. This may sound odd, but id like them to go back to hoenn format contests. All the things you guys said would be great, but they need to actually tell you how to get inside mt silver. I could never figure it out

Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I want all the classic aspects to remain in the game, including the custom poke balls. And I agree, the elite four should be much harder.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:15 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'd like them to keep everything in that made it better, ie the kind of things that makes each gen DIFFERENT rather than technically better. Of course they can update it with the technical improvements in the recent games and some of the new features. I also would prefer it if only the 251 Pokémon of the Johto Dex were available before the National Dex which would probably be available after the Elite Four.

Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:16 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If they don't keep the Jhoto-Kanto part of the game, it won't be good at all, if they add islands and stuff instead. :/ I don't care if they have Ho-Oh/Lugia in each game, which I doubt they will, because I'll buy both games and choose Gold as my main. (For sentimental reasons) Unfortunately it's bound to have 3/4 gen. pokemon in it, like FR/LG had 2/3 gen Pokemon. As long as they don't make any new pokemon for that game, I'll buy it for sure.

Image (by Ender)

Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If it doesn't have Team Rocket I will not buy it.

Or at least, only if I hear good things. Team Rocket defines classic in Pokemon.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:25 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i actually want to have the same story line. but i hated kanto in the game they ruined it. i want vidiran forest to actually be a forest! plus i think they should still have cinabar island as it was in generation 1 and 3. plus have the three lengendary birds!
i also think they should get the orginal contests from R/S/E cos i loved them!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The only things I want to change

-) Update the music
-) A new small area (rather a landmass than an island unless it's the Orange Islands
-) Hoenn Pokemanz in the small area
-) If there are contests... Hoenn style. Please.
-) As long as it isn't botched, the inclusion of the plot for Ho-oh, Lugia, and Celebi. Maybe some.. CGI? Pretty please? :3

I want them to keep the trades. Gives you more IDs for the lottery. :>

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ok, it's turing out to not be entirely classic. Kyogre, Groudon, Arecus, Rayquaza, Palkia, and Giratina? I hope they put in a few 4th Gen things like the GTS.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Keeping the new games too much like those of yore would, in my personal opinion, greatly reduce the overall level of appeal of the game. Naturally, nothing for the most part should be removed; Kanto should remain, although with many radical changes, ranging from the reintroduction of the Safari Zone to greatly increased levels of both wild and trainer Pokemon. Likewise, no areas of Johto, including the bullet-train, Silver Mountain, and the Unown Ruins, should be removed.

However, to make the game worth playing, things should of-course be changed to follow suit with more recent updates. That is, berries should be updated to the current set in Platinum, as should the pokéball system (seals were mentioned, and this wouldn't actually be a bad idea). Likewise, many new things should be updated as well, such as features from Crystal (the WiFi system in Goldenrod and the battle tower in Olivine), as well as numerous other additions like Pokemon evolutions that were introduced in generations three and four (and later in the game other 3rd and 4th-gen Pokemon), not to mention the expansive graphics change.

As for side-quests like the contests, it doesn't seem like something that would hurt, though not necessarily help the game either. The same with any new regions. Of course, certain things should also stay similar, such as the actual events and context of those events, just as music should merely be remixed, but not completely altered.

So, in summary, I would definitely like to see numerous changes, while not ruining the original feel of the game (the texture of the graphics and style of music contribute to this highly).

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Cactuar wrote:
Ok, it's turing out to not be entirely classic. Kyogre, Groudon, Arecus, Rayquaza, Palkia, and Giratina? I hope they put in a few 4th Gen things like the GTS.

You do know that these things happen AFTER you beat the Elite Four and get all the Badges in Kanto right?

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I want everything that was in the original GSC to stay as it was, apart from enabling you to get all of the Johto pokemon IN Johto, not having to beat the elite four and got to Kanto to get pokemon that arent meant to be there... maybe make the gyms and trainers in johto a higher level too, aswell as the elite 4.

Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next