It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Favourite Videogame Console? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

We all have our own favourite consoles. Whether it's Nintendo, Microsoft, or Sony. The question, what is your favourite console?

My favourite games console is the Nintendo Gamecube. It's got mosy of my favourite games on there (Mario Sunshine, Animal Crossing, Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Mario kart Double Dash, etc.) I also find it fun and simple to be able to play without having to recharge or replace batteries so much. My wii remote eats the batteries like a guinea pig eats a dandelion. The DS comes a close second because I love the games on the DS. The Wii and Xbox 360 are tied together in third place for me.

So what's your favourite console and why?

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:04 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

PS3. Mainly because it has a built in Blu-Ray player, and it doesn't whine like a 360 does (when I go to my friend's houses to play 360, it whines like a dog.. I come back to my house to play PS3 and I can't even hear the thing). Also, reliability. I know people that have had their 360 replaced multiple times; I haven't had any problems with my PS3. Those are the main reasons why I think PS3 > 360 and why it's my favorite console.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Blast processing.

It does what Nintendon't.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
it's like a baguette

Krisp wrote:
Blast processing.

It does what Nintendon't.

Console war.

It's what Segave Up.

:O

in serious response to the question, Wii. In spite of a ton of flaws(mostly storage related), the idea behind it is awesome and well executed, and has great games with more to come.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:32 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mega_Horn wrote:
PS3. Mainly because it has a built in Blu-Ray player, and it doesn't whine like a 360 does (when I go to my friend's houses to play 360, it whines like a dog.. I come back to my house to play PS3 and I can't even hear the thing). Also, reliability. I know people that have had their 360 replaced multiple times; I haven't had any problems with my PS3. Those are the main reasons why I think PS3 > 360 and why it's my favorite console.

i agree. and ps3 just rule! hehe

Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:44 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

THE Bruce Dickinson wrote:
in serious response to the question, Wii. In spite of a ton of flaws(mostly storage related), the idea behind it is awesome and well executed, and has great games with more to come.

I didn't think I'd ever read this.

I think I might have to agree with Todd. Maybe that or PS1.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've never had one, but the Super NES. With Super Mario World, Link to the Past, and many more, it's so I think the best system legacy wise. Thank god for virtual console so I can play those games.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
it's like a baguette

DatVu wrote:
THE Bruce Dickinson wrote:

I didn't think I'd ever read this.

I stand behind my choice 100%.

Also, even for games that don't use/minimally use motion sensor, the freedom of arm and wrist movement with the remote + nunchuk is awesome.

Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:44 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm gonna go for the PS2, just for the sheer range of games. You've got your JRPGs, your shooters, your quirky console-exclusive platformers... and sports and racing, if that kind of thing appeals to your taste. Sure, the GC/Wii might have some absolutely amazing stuff (Fire Emblem, Pikmin, etc.) and the Xbox caters to a more mature audience, but the PS2 wins for sheer utility and overall goodness.

Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:38 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am going first xbox 360 resonable prices and great online and I think ps3 is bad because it has bad choices in ps3 only games and in 2nd I will definatly have to say ds because of more interaction with nearby people=D aka. pictochat

Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Have to go with PSP because of all its "extra" capabilities.

Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:07 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DS Lite because of the portability, ease of use, and variety of games I can play on it (both DS and GBA, yeah!). The Super NES too because it had some of my all-time favorite games on it such as Super Mario RPG and the original English versions of FFIV and FFVI.

Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

N64 because it was my first game system and for mario party 3 and star fox 64 :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DS Lite: Because of size and the games you can get (Pokemon platinum, Mario kart ds, etc.)

PSP: Because of the games too. As well as the amount of things to do on it! Also supports GBA roms (if you use the correct firmware).

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Nintendo DS... love the touch screen <3
And some games are really good on DS

Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

D@RK seems to share in my taste. Super Nintendo has always been, hands down, my absolute favorite console. I grew up on it, so I have many fond memories with the SNES. Perhaps it's not the case for everyone, but the 16-bit era was the golden age of gaming for me.

FireStarter wrote:

I am growing more fond of the Wii each day. I have to be honest and admit that I've probably racked up more hours playing my Xbox360 since I bought it last summer than on my Wii which I got a few months after it came out. However, I am also honest in saying that almost all time I spend playing Wii games is full of joy and fun on my part. Something about the Wii exudes fun, I don't know. True, I am a sucker for almost anything Nintendo throws at me *looks at Wii Music case*, but I legitimately enjoy playing on the Wii.

Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
but the 16-bit era was the golden age of gaming for me.

Same here. It was definitely Sega's best generation. Too bad the Genesis didn't get the love it deserved and was beat by the SNES. As much as I love the SNES, the Genesis will always be my favorite console of all time. For all you kids who never got to see the Genesis because you were born in 1999 or something, here it is:

Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:12 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Krisp wrote:

Man I miss those days.

Yeah, that was my favourite console. Sonic and Gunstar Heroes were my favourite games, but I had so many others. Over 20 games (yeah, not as big as SK's collection, but it's a start for me ;p).

After that, it would probably be my PS2. I've spent more hours on that considering Final Fantasy and Metal Gear Solid (and the fact that it could play ps1 games anyway, so i didn't have to which cords every time).

Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:34 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

While the DS and Wii are awesome, my personal favorite would have to be the Gamecube, because of the fun games for it.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favourite consoles are the ones that I played as a kid: NES, GBC and N64. I would just sit for hours on end playing SMB3, and when I was at school, I'd be playing Pokemon Silver.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:22 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I think my fav system would be PSP because of Dissidia and Crisis Core.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:35 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My favourite system would be PSP. Just so cool! :D Mostly because of Skype.

Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

wii because it has wi fi and tons of games. but the DSi is tied with that because it is like the wii

Last edited by Shiny Dialga2 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:21 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The whole Nintendo branch, and the original Xbox. Too lazy to install backwards compatibility on my 360 to play KoTOR. Halo Wars is fun too, although too many people rush with vehicles catered to their leader. Nintendo for Animal Crossing on the GC and Wild World on the DS. SSB was also fun and so was that Star Wars Pod-Racing game. The NES that's buried under all my stuff has some submarine game that is pretty fun, and Metroid, Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next