It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 What is the point? 
THE POWER IS ON!

Arekasune wrote:
Daveshan, GSC are considered by the majority of the pokepopulation to be great, if not the best, pokemon games ever made.

I feel DPP has earned that title for the sheer amount of things that it did right including, but not limited to, Wi-fi trading and battling as well as finding a way to incorporate nearly 500 Pokemon into the game whereas RS were like "Well, screw it, nobody wants old Pokemon anyway *chucks nearly all of them out*." Sales-wise and in a sense of people actually talking about the franchise again, I would say that DP are the closest that Pokemon has come in recreating its popularity from during the RBY days, except that now the games are much more user-friendly and attractive to a casual gamer than they were back then.

The three GSC titles actually sold the worst out of the four generations; GS outsold RS but factoring in Emerald and Crystal means that RSE outsold GSC, which is painful to me because GSC is so much better than the crappy proceeding generation. And lately I've seen much more GSC hatred than I remember there ever being. Like people are so excited for GHSS so that Gamefreak can fix "ALL of the things that were WRONG" about GSC. I remember this thread on Bulbagarden after GHSS were announced that was basically "GSC were inherently bad games because of this, this, this and this" and I nearly had a meltdown reading through it because I disagreed so much. But, yeah, GSC has its equal share of haters just like Krisp and I dislike RSE or other people dislike RBY or DPP.

Sun May 24, 2009 5:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

To put it in basic terms

-Money
-Publicity
-Money
-Batteries dying on the old versions
-Money
-test new features on fans
-Oh and did I mention Money

Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm going to toss in my fifty cents and see whether or not I add to the flame war.

I started my Pokemon journey on my (ex) friend's GBC and his Gold. I didn't obtain a Gameboy Advanced for nearly four years after and I was hard-pressed to find the Gameboy Avanced games anywhere, let alone GSC.

Many fans today have not had a chance to play GSC and probably won't if they don't have good access to Ebay and sites like that, I've been in many stores that sell second-hand games and I have not seen a single copy of ANY Gameboy game. I want HGSS for the sheer chance to play a game that I loved even in horrible color for my over-sight-dependent brain and graphics that made me want to grab my hair and scream while they were the best games of the generation. I'd love to go back and play an adventure that my eight-year-old brain then did not appreciate.

Everyone here seems to be getting in a war over whether or not they are necessary games, and then pulling all four generations and remakes into the fray. I would say stop building mountains out of molehills (AKA everyone who keeps going to war with Frost and Krisp) and let opinions be opinions, even if they differ. I am happily going to get SoulSilver even with my lack of DS and otherwise remain stuck on my dying SP.

Maybe I'm just (unconsciously) repeating everyone's arguments, which people are good at doing, but I see these forums for unreleased games as a way to offer thoughts on what might happen in them, since us Americans will probably have to wait a year until they come out.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Thu May 28, 2009 9:54 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i belive the points of the remakes are this:

1. the people get what the people want

2. ho-oh and lugia are hard to get unless they go to a event or hacked

3. the internal batterie

4. the three dogs kinda hard to get as well because frlg dex needs to be filled and you can get only one unless you restart and do it all again or find someone willing to trade them to you

5. you cannot transfer pokemon from GSC to RSE then to DPP

6. and finally and most importent.......THEY WERE AWSOME

Thu May 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The way i see it, this remake of Pokemon Gold and Silver is for those having a hard time getting the Johto legendaries in frlg and Pokemon Emerald Ruby and Sapphire. Also for those who were too young OR were not even born during the gsc release.

Last edited by Manaphy10 on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri May 29, 2009 4:26 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

Daveshan ur missing the point, Nintendo made this game because so many people were asking for it because it was the best GBC pokemon game in not only my opinion but in so many other peopls opinion. Besides your opinions are ur opinions if you want to argue with every single person who loved G/S/C then u do that its ur choice, ur opinion. You should really stop though because our not going to win. I bet if you took a survey if people thought G/S/C were great games and the remakes are gonna own then 1 outta 7 people will agree with you, but hey u can keep on going with w/e u want just warning u

Fri May 29, 2009 6:19 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

the point is, games like emerald, diamon, pearl, and platinum r brand new so evry1 got crazy 4 them. so evry1 totally 4got about gold and silver version. so they decided to remake the classic cause they 4got how fun they were. just like the new dodge challenger. b4 it was crap, now it's a power house!

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

They are people, who were babies when these games came out, it's perfectly reasonable for them to re-release this. These people are human beings, they need money to support themselves, ok? It's a company.Who cares if the games are unnecessary? Why are we even talking about this? Making a big deal about nothing, if you don't like it, don't buy the game. I know I will buy it though.

Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It is most likely for people who have a dsi like me. We cant just stick in fire red or emerald and do any of the other methods . :( Plus i kind of think silver and gold was the best in the series because when you beat the first 8 gyms and elite four BOOM! it throws another 8 gym sat you and a chance to get the three birds, ho-oh if you got silver and another elite four. Then when you beat that you get to fight Ash which in my game was called red, and he is at the end of a mountain.( can't remember the name of mtn.)

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3