It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Buying Pokemon Cards Online 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

(I'm assuming this is the best forum to ask this in...)

Are there any good, cheap websites on which I could buy certain individual Pokemon cards? Buying the packs becomes a waste of money after a certain period - I don't need doubles, triples, quadruples, etc, I just want to collect the series. The only place I know of is eBay, but I'm wondering if there's something better.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

To my knowledge, the only place would be ebay. Used to be there were a TON of stores that sold individual cards online, but that stopped when the pokemon crazed died down.

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I have always assumed this as a good place. I found it while I was in to Yu-gi-oh cards.

I hope it helps.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:39 pm
Profile YIM
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

You'll also want to make sure that you'll be getting your money's worth; i.e. make sure that the cards you're buying aren't fake.
I've found a thread that I've wrote in that can help you on the subject:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20769

And something else I wrote elsewhere that I'll just copy/paste for you:

Quote:
There are several factors to tell if they're fake:

1) They're found in bootleg packs.
2) The energy symbols for the attacks are too big.
3) The font on the card is incorrect.
4) The color is faded.
5) Placing a card between your index finger and thumb: this is known as the "Bend Test". Gently bring your index finger and thumb closer together by a fraction of an inch. The card will bend slightly. Real cards are a lot more pliable; fake cards will bend very easily.
SD's Edit: Also, there's something called the Light Test. Hold the card up to a light. If you can see the back of the card, it's fake

The "SD" is a friend of mine who edited that reason into my post. That is also another way to tell.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

www.toywiz.com

Mon May 25, 2009 7:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

All those places are INSANELY expensive. I use this site. it has lotsof older holos, for such low prices as 2 dollars.

Gamingetc.com

If you have any problems with breeding, Egg moves, IV:s or EV:s, you can ask me. Feel free to ask other things related to competive battling.

Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:28 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Gamingetc.com is actually very good if you want to stock up on common and uncommon cards. I just placed an order for about 70 and they were all $.79 or less before shipping costs. My only problem with this particular site is when, for example, you want to order just one or two common cards, which are usually $.29 to $.49; the site charges the same rate of $4.25 to ship one card as it does to ship up to nineteen cards, so you almost have to buy in bulk for it to be worthwhile. Also, a lot of eBay Stores do sell rare and holo cards for less than gamingetc's prices.

Still, in my order of 71 commons and uncommons on gamingetc, the final average per card (including S&H) was about $0.60, and that's particularly cost-effective for the out of print, pre-Diamond & Pearl stuff that usually costs at least $1 (+ $2 or more to ship) per card on eBay. So I'll probably stick with eBay for rares but use this site to fill in my back catalog of the lower rarities.

ETA: I received my order today (1/6/10) and did not receive five cards that I bought, two of which I received a wrong card for (e.g. Erika's Weepinbell 49 instead of Erika's Weepinbell 48, which was the one that I ordered) and only one of which I received a notice stating that the card was out of stock and that I had been refunded. I'm waiting to see how the owner of the business responds to my complaint before I give this site an official endorsement.

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I find
    trollandtoad.com/
has nice prices (similar to what Frost mentioned) .49 for commons, .79 for uncommon, .79 for most rare, and the better rare vary)

I like it because they had $1 shipping/handling for up to 100 cards when I bought them, and as far as I know they are still doing that

but as Frost mentioned, it is more cost effective to buy them in bulk

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:43 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I just got my first order from professor-oak.com. Like gamingetc.com, professor-oak has great prices for commons and uncommons, as well as more recent non-holo rares, although holo prices are a bit steep. Unlike gamingetc.com, however, professor-oak actually got my order completely correct and didn't forget to send me any cards or send me WRONG cards.

In short: professor-oak.com GOOD, gamingetc.com and their lack of customer service replies BAD.

Fri May 28, 2010 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]