It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 You are probably going to buy the remakes. Admit why here. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

tpjerematic wrote:
Krisp wrote:
I got all my Pokemon legitimately in Pearl Version except Celebi.

Call me a cynic but THAT is the sole reason for these remakes. From what i can remember getting celebi is pretty hard, one in Colosseum with some Japanese disk. and a few events. So the option for them to be able to to milk another event for Celebi is more than enough reason for these remakes.

I'm still going to get them. Gen 2 is the only gen i haven't played and would prefer to get a new version where i could have better movepools.

Plus i want a legit Suicune.

You can get a legit Suicune from Colosseum, or from after you get the national dex in FR/LG, and you start with Charmander.(Raikou if you start with Squirtle, and Entei with Bulbasaur as well)

OT: Silver was my first pokemon game, so I'm fershur getting Soul Silver. And i want a Lugia with Aeroblast.

Tue May 12, 2009 5:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

haha, uhm where should i start!?

the GSC series was my all time favorite. i absolutely fell in love with the 2nd generation pokemon and even more so the Johto region entirely. because of that, im highly anticipating the remakes. i plan to reserve my copies and play them the day they're out.

the 2nd generation came out a short while after i really got into pokemon, and was pretty much icing on the cake that was already so sweet. in my opinion, nothing can top the 1st or 2nd generation pokemon. now, im basing my opinion purely on aesthetics. back then, i payed no attention to EVs or IVs and back then, my [naive] mindset was that any attack that did damage was a good attack while every other attack was useless lol. like i said; purely aesthetics. one of the features i fell in love with was the fact that we could travel between johto AND kanto. absolutely cant wait to see DPP updates to the Johto region.

Wed May 13, 2009 11:03 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Because ding-dong, Gold is dead, I lost my Crystal, and GSC was pretty durn awesome.
And shiny Gyara + Odd Egg = for te win.

Thu May 14, 2009 1:11 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm gonna buy it simply because Pokémon Silver was the best game I've ever played in my life. I can't wait to play this beauty :mrgreen:

Sat May 16, 2009 6:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i have played C on emulator and it was great!!!
i like pkmn games and i want to see how it looks on DS
PS:it would be so great if there will be possibly to capture celebi without event after beating elite {celebi}

Sat May 16, 2009 8:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

cause, i'm already tired of platinum, and heart gold and soul silver looks awesome!! :D

Mon May 18, 2009 4:06 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am mainly getting it for the Dex credit. Also because of nostalgia. But mostly because I can't be bothered to beat emerald 3x.
I have all my pokemon naturaly, (save Mew/Darkrai which a friend traded to me for dex credit and i had to trade back :( ), and I would like to get Ho-Oh/Lugia legitimatly (I got the dogs already from LG 2x+ FR 1x - They are way easier to get than the starter eggs from Emerald).

LG: Ivysaur, Gyarados, Sandslash, Mr. Mime, *In Progress
FR: Charizard, Blissey, Starmie, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Rayquaza
Diamond: Torterra, Hetran, Alakazam, Gyaridos, Infernape, Staraptor

Mon May 18, 2009 5:13 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

tpjerematic wrote:

Plus i want a legit Suicune.

you could get it in fire red / leaf green as far as I'm aware buy choosing charmander and beating the elite four on the second form it begins roaming kanto

as well as
raikou for choosing squirtle
and
entei for choosing bulbasaur

Mon May 18, 2009 11:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm getting this because I never played Silver, Lugia(my third favorite pokemon), and I just like pokemon. Seriously though I'm really looking forward to Johto, it may even be better than Emerald, my favorite pokemon game(story and region wise)!

Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i was actually thinking of giving up on pokemon after diamond... until i heard about this.

gold/silver/crystal are the only pokemon games i never owned, so i think it'll be fun to play them on the ds.

Tue May 19, 2009 4:35 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Quote:
They must be feeding off the nostalgia from the fanbase, because I don't see any other reason besides pleasing the fans.

That is definitely my reason for buying it. I absolutely adored Gold and Silver. It still held on to the classic feel of R/B/Y, but just enhanced it with the new mini-games, contests, features (cell phones, room decorations, acorn pokeballs), and, of course, Pokemon! I liked how the Johto world acted just like Kanto's neighboring world/town -- you had the same bad guys, same basic quest, and you could even go back and forth between the two worlds. I played RBY, so I loved that you could go back to your old home town in GSC and check in with Oak, battle the original gym leaders, and meet up with the mysterious hero from the RBY games. I sort of felt ripped off when the Safari Zone was closed and Cinnabar Island erupted, though. :P

Lovey, I think I agree with just about everything you said, but this one made me laugh out loud:
Quote:
Team Galactic has probably the worst premise for bad guys since, oh yeah, RSE. Seriously, I am saving the world from hippies? Again?!

Really now! Listening to Team Rocket and hearing about the bad stuff they did sort of made me mad and made me want to go out and beat them -- it made it so I could really get into the game and believe in the good guy's cause. I like the creepy mafia-gang wanting to exploit Pokemon and get rich much better than the hippie kids obsessed with land and water, or whatever that was about. I just wanted to beat those guys to make them shut up.

Despite the short comings of the newer games, I've still become spoiled by the graphics and the more user friendly features. Having some of the new stuff (including the possibility of choosing a female character, I hope) combined with my favorite game ever would be absolute perfection. <3

Wed May 20, 2009 12:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Patchy wrote:
My interest in Pokemon is starting to fade, and I'm sort of hoping these games will reignite it. ;/

Same here. Diamond & Pearl got boring really fast, and Platinum isn't much different. I really enjoyed Gold & Silver.

Thu May 21, 2009 6:05 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

totally forgot about the apricorns lol!
so totally looking forward to this tho. :) the updated graphics is nice. i want to get plat. but basically being the exact same story as diamond and pearl i dont see myself getting it anytime soon. gold and silver were amazing from what i can remember so i dont mind spending the extra money to get them back.

Thu May 21, 2009 6:32 pm
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I will be getting this game purely because GSC was easily the best Generation before our current one, and I would love to experience it again.

That, and I lost my old games xD

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Fri May 22, 2009 3:12 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm looking forward to HGSS.
GSC is still my favourite generation. It would be interesting to see how it looks in DS. :)

Fri May 22, 2009 9:53 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Because addiction is an ugly thing that forces my hand each time a new game comes out? :P

Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i'm getting it cos i'm in love with pokemon =)

Sat May 23, 2009 6:18 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am getting it because Gold was the first pokemon game I owned...
...and then, after a while, I dropped it and it stopped working...
...hopefully HeartGold won't break if I drop it.

Sat May 23, 2009 11:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I loved playing Pokemon Gold a many years ago, I like it more than ruby/sapphire, red/blue. I will probably buy the remakes, as i'm getting a DS soon, I haven't played a GameBoy since I bought Ruby for the GameBoy Advance years ago. I may have borrowed LeafGreen after, but I can't remember.

But yeah, the remakes should be fantastic and have all the same features that the original versions do. 8-)

Sun May 24, 2009 4:12 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would buy it out of curiousity. Just to see how much like the old version it is. That, and I enjoy playing Pokemon anyway.

Wed May 27, 2009 8:21 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

10 Reasons while I will probably buy it

1. Cydaquil was my favorite starter
2. Team rocket where far better villains than Galactic
3. The The three legendary dogs (no more hunting on LF green for just one)
4. Seeing the pokemon follow the trainer makes me smile (Yellow was my first Pokemon game)
5. Ho-oh was one of my favorite legendaries (for the move Sacred Fire)
6. The special made Pokeballs (that was a important part of the story I want to know how they will make it work.
7. Return of old gym leaders (exception of Whitney who delayed me for a day because I i didn't realize she didn't give the badge and I though something was wrong with the game)
8. Red Gyarados
9. Kanto and Jhoto Regions
10. To see the graphics updated

Wed May 27, 2009 10:52 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Shade2075 wrote:
10 Reasons while I will probably buy it

1. Cydaquil was my favorite starter

Yeah...you could sweep that whole game with him. Teach him thunderpunch and dragonbreath (?) and you pretty much have the game right there.

WHAT.

The CODE: 1247-4963-6472

Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm going to buy it mostly because of your rival rumoured to being Giovanni's son.

I really hope it is confirmed in the remakes (Nothing explicit has been said about Giovanni's son except he has 'red hair'. Sounds familiar right?)

The clincher though, is the return of TEAM ROCKET.

Welcome back cool dudes dressed like bus drivers.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:08 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well, in FR a rocket says giovanni's son has red hair...but why would he fight team rocket? I'll get it for shiny gyarados, and possibly new(or i guess old) TMs. And i don't get why everyone wants it for the dogs. They're easily obtainable in colosseum.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Cactuar wrote:
Well, in FR a rocket says giovanni's son has red hair...but why would he fight team rocket?

Well pure speculation but he is against all weak things right? And Team Rocket lost it all to a kid. Even Giovanni got shafted. He also calls them weak several times ('They act tough but get them on their own and they're weak'). He also shares the same philosophy as Giovanni (Pokemon are nothing but tools).

Sounds like Giovanni to me, but yeah could be coincidence.

Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next