It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Battle Tower. 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Man i dont know why but i just can't beat battle tower , my current record is only at 47 wins = =
i want that 50-win silver shield!!!

I dont get it lol i know all the weaknesses and such , all my pokemon are EV-trained but i just cant beat it . Somehow i always lose when im at 40+wins
Their OHKO attack will get me with just 1 try and i missed ice beam once ( without any in-game effect )

I've tried a variety of teams but currently this is my best team:

Latias , Heracross and snorlax

Latias helps me sweep the opponent while heracross gets rid of blisssey = = and dark pokemon that threatens latias...( brick break )
Snorlax uses counter and oso shadow balls psychic pokemon that harms heracross. Latias with psychic oso helps out to defeat fighting pokemon that harms snorlax. Heracross with endure and reversal and his poke-body effect deals lots of damage to opposing pokemon too. Overall i think it's quite a well balanced team but why......?

I've tried with a variety of teams including tyranitar , articuno , magma , rhydon and lots more but this is the once that has the most effectiveness ( i think ) but
Somehow i just can't win??? i can't even go pass 50 what is happening???

Should i train metagross and salamence since they are pokemon with great stats or continue with this current team?

{latias} {heracross} {snorlax} This is my fav. team.....why can't i win? should i try more times or bring in a new team?

Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Just keep trying. Does your {latias} have a Soul dew, if you can get one? Make sure all of your Pokemon have a good, beneficial item on them. That 8 hp Leftovers can heal can mean the difference between life and death!

Wait, you missed ICE BEAM? YOUR ICE BEAM? WITHOUT STATUS EFFECTS? HAXPAI!!!

No, wait, they might have been holding Brightpowder, a cheap item that you may consider giving one of your Pokes.

Try breaking the clauses (Accuracy Clause, Sleep Clause). Don't be afraid to do that! I'm sure Latias can learn Double Team.

Try Paratractfusion.

Try a wall or a tank. Then again, Snorlax could be considered a tank...

Good luck, soldier!

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:04 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, first, could you provide information on the opponent teams you lost against? If you're getting killed by 3 Sheer Colds in a row (as I do) that's just luck hax.

In general, however, I've found that relying on luck through evasion, etc. causes disappointment more often than not - after all, the computer does have 50 chances to get through your evasion.

I beat 100 with Metagross, Snorlax, & Gengar, but your team should easily get past 50. want to post the specifics on each pokemon?

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It could just be luck too. Obviously, you've thought this out very hard and your team is incredibly well-built. They play on each other's weaknesses. But since I'm still a rookie as far as Battle Tower is concerned, you can use Revive, right?

Leftovers is a great item to put on any Poke you want alive. And considering that's the problem, that might be a good idea.

Especially because your Ice Beam missed, I'm thinking luck (and because it's a computer...).

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That looks like a pretty good team. All I have is my Blaziken lv 80 and Aggron lv 66. :/ Lame team, I know, but that's all I have (not including clones; I think that's why they have the species clause in the BT) You might want to add some Fire-pokemon, or at least your beginner pokemon in the BT.

Image (by Ender)

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

these r my pokemon
{metagross} adamant @quick claw
meteor mash
earthquake
sludge bomb
shadow ball
{alakazam} modest @ lum berry
psychic
ice punch
fire punch
thunder punch
{machamp} adamant @ scope lens
cross chop
earthquake
rock slide
vital throw

I'm trying to get the battle frontier gold symbol 4rm Anabel which is 69 wins without losing, and my record is 59. Can anyone make any sugestions for my pokemon?

Fri May 22, 2009 3:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

old snake wrote:
these r my pokemon
{metagross} adamant @Leftovers
meteor mash
earthquake
Agility
shadow ball / Explosion
{alakazam} modest @ lum berry Shell Bell is probably better for BF...but better used on Machamp though
psychic
ice punch
fire punch / Calm Mind
thunder punch
{machamp} adamant @ scope lens Shell Bell
cross chop
earthquake
rock slide
Facade - Try to use Guts + Facade

I'm trying to get the battle frontier gold symbol 4rm Anabel which is 69 wins without losing, and my record is 59. Can anyone make any sugestions for my pokemon?

You should be able to get 69 with the pokemon above. With the computer's luck hacks, it may take a few tries however.

"Screw the Ivys, I'm applying to Smogon University!"

Shinies
Ruby: Spinda, Golbat, Duskull
Pearl: Purugly

Want to be an Official Unofficial Psypoke Gym Leader? Sign up today!

Sat May 23, 2009 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]