It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Kanto (Confirmed Now) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What about the Sevii islands. Do you think they will be included if there is a kanto.
I hope that the kanto storyline will be more directed than the originals.
because I found that kanto was over and done with way too fast in the original GSC.
I also hope that they will make a second encounter with the elite 4 after the kanto gyms then you fianlly face off with red(or will he be FireRed)

Sun May 17, 2009 10:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

oh yes!!!

if there will be orange islands it will be cool for sure!!!
'cuz naranja version disappointed me :?
but still i dont think so that they will add so huge thing :?

Mon May 18, 2009 8:57 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dark Typhlosion wrote:
daveshan wrote:
Dark Typhlosion wrote:

Something like the orange islands maybe ?

Say it with me, folks: HELL NO!

Why not ? 4 more badges aren't that bad... it'll make 8+8+4 = 20 !!! Or even better... The Elite 4 can be on an island each and then he can beat the Champion on a 5th island...

Other question:
You all know how in the Sevii islands the added pokemon from other generations... in Kanto/johto you can only see pokemon from the 1st and 2nd gen... Will they add pokemon from the 3rd and 4th generation in kanto/johto or in new areas (orange island or something else).

So the only purpose for the orange islands would be adding pokes from other gens.
The Orange Islands was a huge filler arc. Their "gym badges" were bobsled raising and target shots. Real gyms only. Also, we don't need these games to get all the pokemon. All the pokemon are already obtainable through legitimate means.

Mon May 18, 2009 9:43 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Meanwhile, the OTHER two Orange badges were type vs. type matches and the first instance of double battles that the franchise had ever seen. There would be worse ideas than to include the Orange Islands in the video games, although to include them in GHSS would be random and pointless.

Mon May 18, 2009 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

One question remains... Where will they include Pokemon from the 3rd and 4th generation ?

Mon May 18, 2009 4:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Maybe they will but probably once you complete the Johto dex. But honestly do you really need a way to get more 4th gen pokemon when you already have D/P/Pt? Maybe some 3rd gen pokemon.

Mon May 18, 2009 6:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some generation 3 and 4 Pokemon in the game. Sure, you are always able to move Pokemon over from other games and such, but I never mind being able to catch Pokemon in game instead of dealing with trading and all that. Maybe they could add them in certain Kanto places that were taken out of G/S/C, like Cinnabar, the Safari Zone, Seafoam, Unknown Dungeon, and various buildings that went missing for one reason or another. They could add in some sort of PalPark in replace of the Safari Zone or they could just stock the Safari Zone with Pokemon from later generations. Maybe even a game corner with gen 3&4 Pokemon prizes.

Ok, maybe some of this should go in the "get your hopes up" thread, but I think including later Pokemon would be a smart idea, even if they just do something small like FR/LG did with the Sevii Islands and Johto Pokemon. I would be perfectly happy with an exact G/S remake with better graphics and some of the later generation features, but I don't think they'll leave us with just that. I'm sure there will be something like the Sevii islands just to make the game extra special.

Thu May 21, 2009 1:39 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

daveshan wrote:
I hope there's finally a building in that spot in Vermilion City.

I do to! :mrgreen: You'd think Nintendo would've put one there already!
Besides that, I am REALLY EXCITED about HG/SS!

Thu May 21, 2009 6:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A couple of ainme-inspired extras would be nice - like the Whirl Cup (dunno how that would work) or the fish-catching contest to go along with the bug catching contest.
I'd be surprised if Kanto was not included - it would take away from content which is usually the opposite of what they do with each remake.

Sat May 23, 2009 6:07 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Living Arrow wrote:
A couple of ainme-inspired extras would be nice - like the Whirl Cup (dunno how that would work) or the fish-catching contest to go along with the bug catching contest.
I'd be surprised if Kanto was not included - it would take away from content which is usually the opposite of what they do with each remake.

they should bring in the orange isles! and i like the idea of a whirl cup. but i still think kanto should be there!

Sat May 23, 2009 6:15 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

i hope the forest before pewter city is a real one this time... and that prof. oak could give us a free pokemon when we get to pallet town :P

Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm aware Kanto and Johto share the same land mass and the Kanto feature was one of the highlights of GSC but personally I'd like to see Johto become it's own standalone region. I mean don't get me wrong, I won't be upset in the least bit if Kanto is included in the remakes, but if it is I'd like there to be much more content focusing on Johto and then a more developed future Kanto. Another thing that needs to be addressed is that GSC was set in the future, requiring a time machine to trade between games. This has since been retconned by different regions simply being far away yet still in relatively the same time period. I'm very interested in seeing how nintendo goes about these remakes seeing how now we can only go off speculation.

Thu May 28, 2009 11:46 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I agree, just like in the original G/S.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:35 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Like Frost has been saying, this is a REMAKE. Meaning that

a) Kanto will be in HGSS
b) It will include the same Pokemon

Now, a place like the Orange Islands... *drool* I like the idea. I mean, single landmass or island cluster, a new area isn't a bad thing as long as it wasn't a waste of time. If a new area is added, I would expect and hope for new features/buildings to be included with the area, otherwise it be a waste of time seeing that all Pokemon are obtainable by some means. However, since Nintendo might be expecting people to replace their DS with a DSi, maybe the new area will contain Pokemon that are only attainable through GBA games.

Of course, we can't be sure, but this is what the clues are showing. =D

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

i think they would put kanto in Heart gold and Soul silver cause they put it in crystal. i think. and newer gamez have more adventures like platinum. diamond and pearl were too easy. if it was summer vacation when the game came out, i would have beaten it in like 2 days tops

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Okay, my turn! Here's an idea.....what if you played the game, and the content of Kanto is just as dull as G/S/C's version was, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, if you plug in your FR/LG in the GBA slot, it will automatically update the HG/SS games with the complted layouts of Kanto in it, as well as the Sevii Islands (which could now include Gen. 3 Pokemon as well as some Kanto-only ones like Mewtwo and the starters). Oh, and if you have a DSi you can upload a photo off of it (preferably of yourself) to paste onto your trainer card! That way if you have a DS or DS lite, you get the upgrade option, but if you have a DSi, you have the photo option!! It's perfect!

-Ryan

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ryan_dan wrote:
Okay, my turn! Here's an idea.....what if you played the game, and the content of Kanto is just as dull as G/S/C's version was, BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, if you plug in your FR/LG in the GBA slot, it will automatically update the HG/SS games with the complted layouts of Kanto in it, as well as the Sevii Islands (which could now include Gen. 3 Pokemon as well as some Kanto-only ones like Mewtwo and the starters). Oh, and if you have a DSi you can upload a photo off of it (preferably of yourself) to paste onto your trainer card! That way if you have a DS or DS lite, you get the upgrade option, but if you have a DSi, you have the photo option!! It's perfect!

-Ryan

That sounds like an amazing idea! But... I think Nintendo is making the DSi their main handheld right now so I don't think they're going to offer any perks for having a DS or DS Lite. Yeah, they want you to buy the DSi...

~A haiku

I disable smilies because I do not smile.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

honestly i think that the DSi is a waste of money cuz 1)they removed the GBA game compatability and 2)its just about a complete rip off of the PSP and i already have one so why bother (all companies are starting to do stuff like that, my friend has a zune and he was saying that it is better than my iTouch cuz you can play other people that are close to you in games without internet or cords and that you can share music just the same way, well, now i just saw an update for my iTouch and the new features were EXACTLY the same of which the zune has) well anyway not to get way off topic, they are obviously going to hav kanto and its confirmed i think...i definately wouldnt buy it if it didnt have kanto...what about the 2 rivers going west of the thought-to-be battle frontier above cianwood city, if you havent seen the picture here it is:

could that lead to another region or pokemon event or just for cool looks...if its nothing i really dont care cuz all i want is my fav region of all time...KANTO!

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:02 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Hmm, I wonder how you'll start in Kanto....would we have to start all over again from lvl 5 starters, or do we get to bring our ownage Pokemon over? :?

Alright whose next to be liberated from freedom?

Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:33 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I assume it will be much like it was in gold and silver. (If you have never played those or heard about how it works: after defeating the elite four you get the SS Aqua Ticket from professor Elm, using it to take a ferry from Olivine City to Vermilion City. From Vermilion City you can pretty much go wherever you like in Kanto and take on the gyms in whichever order, although there are a few tasks you must complete before getting to a few places/gyms).
It would be interesting if you could start with new pokemon upon arriving in Kanto, being restricted from using whatever other pokemon that you had captured previously, and taking on the gyms in order. Although I'm not sure how this would work seeing as Kanto and Johto share the Indigo Plateau or when you would get to use your other pokemon again.

Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Consider this also, but there were Johto-introduced Pokes only available in Kanto (Murkrow, Misdreavus, Larvitar, Houndour, etc.) that made GSC more fun. Also, Mt. Silver only opened after you got 16 badges, not just 8 and beating the E4...

I can't honestly say why they wouldn't keep that same gameplay element (or plot, whichever you might call it...) in HGSS...

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If I see any of these new gen, sad excuses for pokemon in this game I WILL contact Al Gore. I mean it.

As far as Kanto goes I know it was in the original, so I'm not against it. Just, I'd prefer it as a stand alone, remake without all that has come to ruin the Pokemon franchise... 3rd and 4th gen Pokes, Poffins? Pokemon Contests (could they have made Pokemon any gayer).

I'm going to go and play Red version and maybe FireRed, and make believe pokemon is still cool.

Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2