It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 new video game! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

*I didn't know which forum to put this in, this seemed the most appropriate. If this is wrong, mods please move it.*

I am thinking of making the outlines of a new video game. Of course, it's just for fun (I don't have the technology or the smarts to make it real). Could you please mention if you think it is a good idea and help make suggestions? Thanks in advance!

ALREADY THOUGHT OUT
~RPG format
~Paper mario 1&2/pokemon battle style
~ each nintendo character playable-somthing like SSBB's Subspace Emmisary but a lot longer

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

OMG! I was thinking something like that! If you get the idea, put it in the role-playing forum.

It starts with Mario waking up in the forest, struck with amnesia (can't have an RPG without amnesia). THe only thing he remembers is fighting. He explores around, and finds BOWSER. Rawr. As they fight, Link comes up and helps Mario. You learn about timing attacks, yada yada yada... THen you go on an epic quest to obtain the Smash Ball Shards to save the world!

Characters: Mario
Stats: Well rounded
Magic: Jump
Fireball
Fludd
Mario Tornado
Super Jump
Mario Finale

Link
Powerhouse, but slow
Magic: Bow
Boomerang
Bomb
Spin Attack
Clawshot
Triforce Slash

Kirby
Defensive, but weak in offense
Magic: Swallow
Hammer
Final Cutter
Stone
Suplex
Cook

Pikachu
Fast but fragile
Magic: Thunderbolt
Skull Bash
Quick Attack
Thunder
Electric Flower
Volt Tackle

Areas:
Kerokero Sewers
Temple of Time
Rainbow Road
Victory Road
After defeating these dungeons, you put the four Smash Ball pieces together. However, Tabuu comes and throws you into space with the Smash ball! Then you go to...
Lylat System
Brinstar
New Pork City
AFter traveling through these places you head into Subspace and battle Tabuu!

Bosses:
Bowser in Kerokero Sewers
Ganon in Temple of Time
Nightmare in Rainbow Road
Mewtwo in Victory Road
THat giant head who's name i forget in Lylat System
Ridley in Brinstar
Porky in New Pork City
Bowser, Ganon, Nightmare, and Mewtwo in Subspace
Tabuu in Subspace

AFter completing the game you can fight an optional boss...

METAL GEAR RAY: SUPER MODE!

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

About time someone replied! You do realize i've been waiting here for over a month for a reply? THANK YOU!

Okay...Down to buisness...

I didn't edit my post before 'cuz I thought the topic was dead, but I decided to make it a mario-only thing. My friend convinced me that there would be too many characters to deal with otherwise. Now, to make it different from other mario RPG's, there would be 7 different "chapters, each starring a different character. The plot basically goes like this:

plot of the mario game wrote:
CHAPTER 1
Protagonist:Mario
Basic plot:One peaceful day, Mario gets a phone call from Toadsworth that the princess has been kidnapped by Bowser...Again. Mario, of course, comes to save her. After defeating Bowser, however, Mario is kidnapped and held hostage.
Boss:Bowser

CHAPTER 2
Protagonist:Peach
Basic plot:After escaping Bowser's castle after being freed, only to learn that Mario has been kidnapped. She ventures back to the castle to save him, but unfortunately, Bowser has guards--the bosses of this chapter. Peach defeats the guards only to find that Mario has been moved.
Boss:Koopa Kids (all in succession)

CHAPTER 3
Protagonist:Luigi
Basic plot:As Luigi is traveling to his newly repopulated mansion, he gets a call on his cell phone. It is Peach, notifying him that Mario has been captred by King Boo...Again. It's up to Luigi to rescue him.
Boss:King Boo

CHAPTER 4
Protagonist:Yoshi
Basic plot:Yoshi wakes up one morning to find that the Super Happy Tree has been stolen just minutes before. Figuring there is still time to retrieve it, Yoshi finds Bowser Jr.. After being defeated, Bowser Jr. escapes in the Koopa Cruiser with she Super Happy Tree...And a stowaway.
Boss:Bowser Jr.

CHAPTER 5
Protagonist:Donkey Kong
Basic plot:DK stumbles upon King K. Rool stealing his banannas again. Just as he is about to be attacked, K. Rool flies off with his hover-jetpack thingy. DK pursues him to his lair, where K. Rool reveals that Bowser is paying him a large sum of money to eliminate DK. After losing the ensuing battle, K. Rool flies off towards Bowser's Castle, while still holding one of DK's banannas. DK pursues him to Bowser's Castle with the help of a conveiniently placed boat...
Boss:King K. Rool

CHAPTER 6
Protagonist:Wario
Basic plot:Kammy Koopa steals Wario's treasure. After being chased to her foretress, Wario defeats her. After making the treasure dissappear completely, she is tailed all the way to Bowser's Castle.
Boss:Kammy Koopa

CHAPTER 7
Protagonist:Any
Basic plot:Everyone coincidentialy meets in front of Bowser's castle. They decide to work together to defeat Bowser, in a remodeled castle with stronger troops. Along the way, the group will find checkpoints. At checkpoints, the player may change his character. After making it through the main portion of the castle, the player will face 5 consecutive rooms, containing the Koopa Kids, King Boo, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool, and Kammy Koopa respectively. The player will have an opportunity to save and heal between them, and after beating them all, will proceed to Bowser's Throne Room. Bowser then reveals his plan to gather everyone there and eliminate them all at once. Kamek appears and launches his newest and most powerful spell at Bowser. The player may use any one character to face the new Giga Bowser in the final battle!
Final Boss:Giga Bowser

...phew...|:P...hard work.

If you want, I can either PM or post the stats and moves.

Oh yeah... after beating the game, players can go back and explore anywhere with anyone.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's a nice fresh idea, but where's Geno and Mallow?
Overall though, I think it might be popular. *cough* role playing section *cough*

Fri May 15, 2009 10:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Personally, I don't see why Geno and Mallow were in Mario RPG in the first place, seeing as they...how you say...their characters don't correspond with Mario's general universe at all. I mean, some frog thing with weather controlling powers? a doll that's come to life? have you ever seen another mario game include them?

Sat May 16, 2009 3:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A. Mallow ain't a frog. He's a cloud prince.
B. Geno rocks. Deal with it.
C. I said that becuase... well... they're in a Mario RPg after all. Besides, what does Fawful, Princess Shroob, and Princess Rosalina have to do with Mario?

Mon May 18, 2009 4:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You know, this really falls under Testing & Advertising, since you're not actually... doing anything with this.

T&A Forum Description wrote:
You may also advertise your own projects within reason.

This whole idea seems like a "project" to me, so I'm moving it there.

Mon May 18, 2009 6:13 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I would assume that if one were to label this a project that there would be some sort of product that would result from it in order to warrant advertising. To be honest, I'm not sure if this could be classified as testing or advertising. This seems like a fantasy "what if" that would be better suited for General or Video Games.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

searchman52 wrote:
A. Mallow ain't a frog. He's a cloud prince.
B. Geno rocks. Deal with it.
C. I said that becuase... well... they're in a Mario RPg after all. Besides, what does Fawful, Princess Shroob, and Princess Rosalina have to do with Mario?

okay, you're right...

So, I'm making a powerpoint on it.

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]