It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Left 4 Dead: Devil's Swamp [Started!] 
Just your average 10 year old

"Well, he helped a lot. We're gonna miss him." When they got in the safe house, Tom set Lewis on a bed, and grabbed a medkit off the table, opened it, grabbed Smelling Salt ((it usually wakes you up instantly)) and waved it under Lewis's nose.

((Sorry if I ruined a plot thing by waking him up. or attempting too. You can make it as if it didn't work or something.))

Fri May 01, 2009 4:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A bright white light was all that Lewis could see, he had regained consciousness. As he adjusted to the light of the safe house, Lewis squinted his eyes. On the ceiling he saw the words "There is no god" crudly painted in black ink.

Lewis rolled over Ughhh, why am I even here if I'm going to be knocked out before we even reach a safe house?

He pretended to remain asleep, that blast had taken a lot out of him and he needed to rest.

Fri May 01, 2009 6:31 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
((Sorry, but can I join now since Crunchy died?))

Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Well here we are guys trapped like mice." Taji said with a heavy heart. This might be our last moments alive Taji turned to Locke "Well you were in the military weren't you Locke?" Taji asked inquisitively "What do you suppose we do?"

Awaiting Locke's response Taji moved a small table and jammed it up against the door to the safe house "I have an idea on how to hold these things off but it is quite risky though." Why should I tell them my idea, its way too risky we could all die plus they wouldn't listen to me anyway "Know what never mind about my idea it is way too risky so I better not say" I need to keep these things to myself that is all I can offer

Sat May 02, 2009 12:39 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Slumped over in the corner, Charles couldn't help thinking about how he almost died out there. Even worse about how he would have died had it not been for somebody else. It was a rude slap in the face telling him that maybe he couldn't get by on his own.

"So what next, does anybody know where we go from here?"

Sat May 02, 2009 1:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((Aw okay. My mum's wedding plans and everything just finished too, sorry, I was a bit busy. Enjoy the roleplay, guys.))

Sun May 03, 2009 5:24 am

Tom reloaded his pistol and Uzi, making sure he was ready. But for what? We're trapped here. Infected outside. Waiting for us. Is this our last stand? Where our last hope goes away? No. No more 'What if'. No more worrying. We can't have that if we are to survive.

"Look. We don't need any more worry than what we already have. Let's just hang low for a few days." Tom sat on a bed. I hope I'm right.

Sun May 03, 2009 8:12 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((flygon tamer: Sorry, Saint_Jimmy sort of beat you to the open spot. :( If anyone else happens to die (lol morbid thinking), I'll send you a PM.

Oh yeah, Saint_Jimmy will be joining us everyone :) ... in replacement of Crunchy's late character Jack :(. RIP Jack. NEVAR FORGET. So yeah, you can post your profile for everyone to see along with your first post now, Jimmy. :)

Also, Safe Houses are where we barricade our previous path, and then there is another exit to continue our journey from. Sorry if that wasn't clear to anyone. Great work thus far everyone! Let's keep it up. :3

And you did the right/good thing by healing Theo, Beav.))

"Our goal is to get to the town of Marshfield, which is close to the swamp. We need to continue heading north." explained Locke. "There's a subway station not far from here; we can go underground and follow the tracks until we arrive near Marshfield. Then we go back up above ground."

Breathing a heavy sigh, Locke took out his medkit and started healing up.

"While I want to press on, I think it would be best for Lewis to take a short while to rest." suggested Locke. "We could all probably use some quick rest and relaxation."

Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yay! Thanks =D

Name: Jimmy Valentine
Profession: Con-Artist
Appearance:
Body type: stands 5'7", average build
Hair: Medium length - just below his ears and drapes above his eyes and jet black
Eye color: light blue
Face type: High cheek bones, fair skin, dark circles under his eyes, and a shadow of facial hair
Other physical features: always has a smirk on his face
Clothing style: Jeans with holes in the knees, old black Converses and a plain black t-shirt.
Speech style: He talks in a very sarcastic manner

Personality
General demeanor: Average punk-like attitude, sometimes disrespectful
How he/she sees himself: A rebellious punk who loves a good fight
Best qualities: good combat skills, perceptive, and quick on his feet
Worst qualities: hot-headed, tends to take charge, c0cky

Weapons
Primary Weapon: Pump shotgun
Melee Weapon: his own fists

Background:
Orgin: Jimmy grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. He lived a poor childhood and had little to nothing. When he got hungry, he stole. If he got caught, he fought for it. The only people he really had were his mother and brother. His father left when he was a small child and his brother was tragically killed in a large fire. After his death, Jimmy developed chronic insomnia. His mother - now lost - is the only person he's got left.
Melee Weapon Backstory: Growing up poor and picked on he had to rely on himself alone on the streets. He fought for what was his and what he needed using his hands alone.

Quirks (optional)
Favorite food: cheeseburgers
Favorite place: A spot by the lake he used to visit as a child
Pet peeve(s): People who think they know everything
Least favorite season: Winter
Worst memory: His brother's death

A pistol c0cked in the back of the room as Jimmy eyed the group down. "Just what the hell do you think you're doing?" He stood up from his crouched position slowly as he examined them. "None of you are infected...right?" He squinted and took a step back out of caution. He really didn't want to hurt anybody...but in a world like this you never know who to trust.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Tue May 05, 2009 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Calm down mister we are not infected we are just survivors that are just simply trying to stay alive" Taji stated looking at him dead in the eyes. "We just need a place to lay low for a little while before we head on our way."

Taji strode across the room and offered his hand out to the stranger "My name is Shinashu Taji, but you may call me Taji." Taji said with a smile "What may I ask is your name?"

Tue May 05, 2009 3:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy looked at the man closely, then glanced to his offering hand. With a smirk, he placed his gun on the table and took Taji's hand. "Name's Jimmy...there's some rations in the fridge - help yourselves." He poointed to a small personal refridgerator in the opposite corner of the room. "Sorry about all the commotion, got a bit jumpy I guess." He glanced at the rest of the group. "How many we dealin' with?"

Tue May 05, 2009 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Finishing up his wound stitching, Locke approached the new survivor now known as Jimmy.

"We've got six in our group, including myself. Allow me to introduce myself: my name is Locke Kelman." spoke Locke, giving Jimmy a nod. "Thank you for sharing your rations with us. We're... well, I know I'm tired and hungry from that bout with the Infected. Could just be my old age holding me back."

Tue May 05, 2009 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy nodded back to him. "Nice to meet you...sorry it couldn't be under better circumstances." He let a small laugh escape his mouth. "I get what you mean though." He wiped his eyes. "Havn't slept a wink. Hahaha...." He sat back down and took his shotgun in hand. "You should know though...that door over there won't hold for too long. Few days more at most...so I hope you don't plan on staying long...mind taking a seventh man along?"

Tue May 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Well Jimmy I know I would be glad to have you on with us, we survivors got to stick together right?" Taji stated as he went over to the fridge to get something to drink. He opened the door and took out a bottle of water opened it and started drinking.

With his drink Taji slumped down against the wall next to their escape door. Maybe people won't always bite my hand off when I try to be nice, this Jimmy person seems to be friendly enough. "So Jimmy how long have you been here?"

Taji rubbed his eyes hoping that no one else would notice the dark bags under his eyes signaling how tired he was.

Tue May 05, 2009 6:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Ya know...that's a good question. It feels like years...but god knows that ain't true." He smiled lightly. If I'm dieing though...it won't be because of those things." He thought to himself for a moment. If these people were able to make it this far, maybe there's others...maybe she's still out there somewhere... He caught himself drifting off and jumped back into reality. "Before we start talking about getting out of here...has anyone sen one of those really really big guys? You know..." He gulped. "Those 'roid rage monsters."

Tue May 05, 2009 6:35 pm
Profile WWW

Tom looked at the new recruit. He looked, oddly familar, yet oddly not.

"Name's Tom. Thanks for letting us chill for a day or two. I'm sure you overheard Locke going over the plan." Tom grabbed a drink and sat back on the bed.

"We all got a little banged up getting here, a boomer, smoker, and hunter. That's Lewis on the bed over there. Saved our butts but knocked himself up. He likes things that go boom."

"And no, not a Tank. Yet."

Tue May 05, 2009 6:40 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy sighed in relief. "Stay as long as you'd like, the more the merrier." He glanced over at Lewis. "An explosives expert, eh? Nice...working those molotovs?" He laughed and leaned back against the corner reaching for a nearby can of beer. He sipped it a few times and put it back. "Boomers, Hunters and Smokers I can deal with...Tanks...I don't like Tanks..."

Tue May 05, 2009 7:08 pm
Profile WWW

"It was a pipe bomb. I like the Molotovs. Throwing flaming bottles is fun. Until you burn yourself. Then it's as fun as fighting a Tank" TOm Laughed.

"YOu seem okay Jimbo."

Wed May 06, 2009 12:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"Thank you, you seem like a pretty nice bunch too." He yawned. "I've never been much for molotovs or pipe bombs, more of a close range fighter, I guess."

It was growing late...and quiet...the only noise that could be heard were the faint shrieks of Hunters in the distance. James pulled out two large wooden thin squares and covered the windows with them. "There...at least now they can't see us..." He switched on a small fan to get some cool air flowing. "Morning shouldn't be too far away..."

Wed May 06, 2009 12:46 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"I hope you are right about that Jimmy" Taji stood up quite wearily as he said this. Taji shuddered "I always get creeped out by the sounds of hunters."

Taji started walking across the room but collapsed on the floor out of sheer exhaustion.

Wed May 06, 2009 1:34 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hunters...they always were some creepy bastards..." Jimmy looked at Locke. "You seem like the tactical type...when did you plan on getting back out there?" Jimmy's expression was uneasy. He didn't have much of a positive outlook, but how could someone after something like this? His only goal was finding his mother and getting out of this god forsaken cabin.

Thu May 07, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Sorry I'm late guys, I Had to write a final exam paper. Also, as much as I hate to say it, I'm not finding this RP Particularly interesting. It seems to me that this would make a great shooter, but as an RPG, I fear it looses something. If somebody is more interested in my character (Crunchy, new guy, other) you can send me a PM and I'll think about handing Russ over to you, Otherwise I'll probably play along for a little while.))

Russ was breathing rather heavily, for he had dashed in only just before they managed to close the door. He was lucky he hadn't been too late.

Amid gasps for breath, he examined the room, and just listened to the conversation taking place around him. The room was rather barren, some food scattered here and there. He spotted some old bread sitting on a shelf, and so he walked over to it.

He removed the rounded loaf from the bag, and inspected it in the dim lighting. there was a bit of mold on the outside, but after all that work to get here, he wasn't going to let a little mold stop him from eating. Russ Set the bread on a flat surface and sliced the bread with his Survival tool. He then grabbed a few slices for himself, scraped the mold off, and then went over to the fridge to see what he could find to drink. After looking around a bit, he found a bottle of grape soda.

"I call dibs on the Pepsi in there for later." He said aloud, closing the door to the fridge. The caffeine would keep his body awake of he drank it now, but might come in handy later.

Sitting down on a counter next to the fridge, he bit into the bread. it was a bit hard from age, but it had a pleasant flavor.
"Sourdough I suppose" he thought to himself.

((BTW, Do we have any actual limit/estimate on our ammo supply?))

Fri May 08, 2009 10:43 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way, DLA, but I respect that you are honest and sincere in your statements. I'll see if Crunchy is interested in leaving his coffin and putting you in his place ;o

As for ammo, we replenish as safe houses (as I mentioned earlier, we came to this one a little earlier than I had hoped); yes, I do have it set to be limited, but it's not a "set in stone" calculation.))

"I wager one night's eve should be enough to revitalize our spirit and keep us focused all at once." replied Locke. "Any longer, and I fear we might lose some of our perseverance."

Bones faintly creaking, Locke sat down in a chair that was beyond 'beaten up'.

"Best make ourselves comfortable for the night as best we can..."

Fri May 08, 2009 10:21 pm
Profile WWW
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
((awwe he just got my hopes up... I think Crunch doesn't like me...))

Fri May 08, 2009 11:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4