It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 You are probably going to buy the remakes. Admit why here. 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As much as I hate to admit it, my interest in these remakes has been piqued. I honestly don't remember much about the Johto region, but what I do remember was enjoyable. Among my favorite memories are waiting up late at night for the radio broadcasts and making my own pokeballs from apricorns. Now, these minor gameplay mechanics aren't really enough to draw me into a second run-through. Neither is the selection of pokemon. However...

...if they include the pokeradar, I am screwed. I will more than likely be sold on these games. I can't help it! The prospect of having a whole new list of chainable pokemon would be a total deal-sealer for me D:

Concerning these remakes, what are you looking forward to (if anything)?

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Last edited by Kurushel on Fri May 08, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2009 9:32 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Because my copies of Gold, Silver and Crystal still work, and I can change their batteries and not lose my file due to Monster Brain, the only reasons I have to look forward to these games are ones that are NOT provided by the original games. There are actually a few but they aren't enough to entice me to spend $35 on a new game, particularly because most of the reasons have nothing to do with actually acquiring the remakes.

I'm looking forward to updated sprites of the Johto and Kanto Gym Leaders that are on-par with Generation IV sprites in both size and coloration. Additionally, updated Gym Leader and/or Elite Four rosters would be great so we can see what GOOD Pokemon those poor Johto Gym Leaders might actually get if given a chance, especially that fool Bugsy who got stranded with a Metapod and a Kakuna in the original games. I'm also looking forward to the TCG set based on GHSS that will undoubtedly be released, which is good because so many Generation II Pokemon are shortchanged in the TCG.

That's currently all that comes to mind. I'm not too excited for these remakes, hence my update on the main site and naming this forum "Pokemon G$."

Thu May 07, 2009 9:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My interest in Pokemon is starting to fade, and I'm sort of hoping these games will reignite it. ;/

Thu May 07, 2009 11:19 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I never played GSC (I know. I missed out on the best gen), so I plan on getting this.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm buying because my G/S/C cartridges don't work anymore. =(

Fri May 08, 2009 3:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, I'll be getting it because I never played anything before Ruby/Sapphire. As such, I missed out on G/S/C.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Fri May 08, 2009 4:01 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Nintendo owns my soul. Saying I'm not going to buy this game would be like saying I'm not going to breathe. Hopefully by the time it comes out I'll be more financially stable.

Fri May 08, 2009 4:36 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

GS was my favorite generation. DPP was my second favorite. I think this new remake will be my new favorite! :D

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Fri May 08, 2009 4:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll probably buy Gold as it was the version I had back in the day (ZOMG nostalgia!!). The battery is long dead in my old copy and it'd be nice to play it, grab new movesets for battling, and grab a few legendaries that I don't want to buy an AR or Gamecube game for.

Fri May 08, 2009 6:43 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Krisp wrote:
Not sure when I'll have time for HeartGold (am I the only one who dislikes that name?) but I'll buy it anyway. :3

No you are not Krisp as I don't like the names as well. I will buy HeartGold for the nostalgia, just as I bought FireRed for the nostalgia (though it was kinda crap but it wasn't that bad). I would also like to buy it to get some legendaries I can't get from my other games, such as Ho-Oh and Lugia.

Fri May 08, 2009 11:47 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Well Gold and Silver truly were/are the Heart and Soul:) of Pokémon and they were my first games. The music gives the biggest wave of nostalgia ever.

While a love Pokémon I am starting to feel as if I am being brainwashed into buying them. Just think they make you buy THE SAME game twice just to get about ten extra Pokémon. Then a yer or so later they make a version that's just a little bit different to make you buy it for a THIRD time.

With these and FR/LG you are almost forced to buy THE SAME game for a 4th and 5th time although this time you get enhanced graphics and whatnot, it's still one game in essence.

There have been 4 actual Pokémon games although they have been able to make slight alterations to make you buy 16 so far(inc.HG/SS).

I will buy and will love it but will eventually feel a little ripped off.

Fri May 08, 2009 2:11 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Well my first game was Crystal / Ruby (got them at the same time) I know they're not gonna come out with MindCrystal, but a boy can dream. I'm gonna buy it for the Nastalgia, because I want to go through a Johto that graphicly looks good, and just cause I love the region.

Fri May 08, 2009 2:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll buy it, and why can be explained in two words

SLOWPOKE WELL!!!

I loved that little hole,and the bellsprout tower, Johto just seemed to have better places

Fri May 08, 2009 3:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Johto is still my favorite region So many interest mini places like national park, Two towers,Ranch, light house Dragon den, Massive cave systems (union cave, Golden rod Rocket house, Mt. Mortar, Whirl islands, Mt silver)

BUT if they do the 3 beasts the same way as all the wandering pokemon in DPP by which i mean locking in there nature as some as you release them (which was the worst in platnium), I will Be PO
But I'll still buy both of them.

Fri May 08, 2009 3:18 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ah, yes, good ol' Johto region. I will get this as Gold was my first Pokemon game and I would live to see it updated in a new style and for the pure nostalgia. Like the places mentioned above, it had some of the funnest places to explore, the best rival next to Blue in R/B, actual evil villains, excellent music, and a good storyline imho. I can't wait. :)

Fri May 08, 2009 6:44 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't need any Johto pokemon but...Celebi!

Sat May 09, 2009 9:27 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My brother had Gold a long time ago, before trading it to a friend for Blue (wtf? Gold is so much better!) I started my Pokemon game loving on Gold, so I'd like to get SoulSilver (even though Gold was my 'starter') for fun, good memories and the fact that I've loved Pokemon for almost half my lifetime now. Also, I'm a sucker for any Pokemon game, my brother and I attempt to get all versions of a generation and partially share them.

But I'd love to have SoulSilver just for the name too. Best. Pokemon. Game-name. Ever.

Our shinies:

Sister: {nidoking} {machoke} {beautifly} {geodude} {abra}

Brother: {nidoking}

Somehow we both got the same first shiny, no hacking, just dumb luck.

Games between us:

Sister: Fire Red, Ruby, Emerald, Diamond

Brother: Blue, Leaf Green, Sapphire, Pearl, Red Rescue Team

Sat May 09, 2009 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Silver was my favorite Pokemon game; I loved every city, the fact that you could travel to Kanto, the legendaries, even the apricorns, different Pokeballs and the phone, and everything else. I enjoyed played that game a lot. And I never owned it, so I had to play it using the PC, as a ROM. Now, I can play my favorite game with graphics/sound enhanced, and without having to use the computer, which gives me headaches if I use it for too long.

I don't own Emerald, only Sapphire, so no Chikorita/Cyndaquil/Totodile for me. And even if I did, having to restart the game and play through it two times is really time-consuming and boring/exhaustive to me. x(

I live far, far away, on a place where special Pokemon giveaways are rare, and hardly ever announced to the public (in fact, I don't really know if giving away legendaries is actually the prize for beating our Elite Four on tournaments). And no, these are not Nintendo events. So, with the G/S remakes, I can get the legendary dogs and birds legitimaly. Well, yeah, I can use the GTS, but it's so much easier if you just transfer from another game.

And there is also the reason that I enjoy any RPG Pokemon game, and while I don't own every one of them, I want, at least, to be able to have most of the monsters on a version that is the current one. So these remakes are going to come quite handy.

I guess these are my reasons, heh. Nothing too complex or deep, just personal. I was eagering for these remakes, and, while I could wait a little longer, I'm very glad they are coming out already.

All in all, my main reason is that GS are my favorite games.

Sat May 09, 2009 12:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Why once SS/GH comes out, I will drop DPP like a ton of bricks and never look back:

+The villains in G/S were bad people! They stole and abused pokemon and people, which made the battles kinda rewarding. The bases made for great mazes. the bad guys looked awesome, especially the head honchos. All of these made putting my gym quest to the side totally OK.
-Team Galactic has probably the worst premise for bad guys since, oh yeah, RSE. Seriously, I am saving the world from hippies? Again?! Ugh! Can I just skip this part and continue battling gym leaders ><

+OMG the music! I used to load my save in Dragon's Den just to fall asleep to that danged song :D The music from the Ruins stands out to me also, because it was kinda creepy. I would love to hear all this music again!

+The world was interesting to explore. All around the Ruins, around Mt. Silver, even by the Day Care, anywhere you went there was some hidden area to find, and it was fun.
-Traveling in DPP, let alone exploring, just feels so tedious. There are 7 HMs now! I am hopeful (probably too much) that in the remake, they will do something about HMs so that you don't need to have them taking up move slots. How about this method: you're traveling along and see a small tree. Command your pokemon, that would normally have to learn the move Cut, to just cut that thing down! There would still be restrictions to your traveling party as far as species goes, so you'd have to have a pokemon that can cut, one that can surf, et c. but it wouldn't take up move slots.

+As they are now, it is hard to go back to playing the games before DPP before the physical/special move split (as in, fire moves can now be physical or special, not always special).

+Mini-games were fun, like the bug-catching contest, and you didn't have to listen to 30 lines of dialog to understand how to play

+Johto was smaller; yes that is a good thing.
-Sinnoh is so freaking big, there are about twice as many towns, and it all just runs together. The whole world in DPP is just too big to become comfortably familiar with it, as I did in RBY and GS.

+The society in GS seemed nice and quiet for the most part, and the spiritual places like Bellsprout Tower and the other 2 towers were a pleasant touch.
-The society in DPP seems so consumerist, flashy, and annoying. Trendy gadget watches, a fashion show for pokemon, a huge TV station that reports on the most petty subjects ("Toma caught a bidoof using a pokeball! Wow! What a trainer! This just in... Toma decided not to nickname the caught Bidoof! How amazingly cool!). Then, the park only lets in a small amount of "cute" pokemon. I want to be able to take a stroll with my beloved growlithe, because I thought Pokemon were supposed to be our bestest friends ever?

Too many things about DPP that make the game just as fun for me :/ Hopefully the remake will just update the awesome old world and story with the awesome new things like animated sprites.

Sat May 09, 2009 1:56 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
Krisp wrote:
I got all my Pokemon legitimately in Pearl Version except Celebi.

Call me a cynic but THAT is the sole reason for these remakes. From what i can remember getting celebi is pretty hard, one in Colosseum with some Japanese disk. and a few events. So the option for them to be able to to milk another event for Celebi is more than enough reason for these remakes.

I'm still going to get them. Gen 2 is the only gen i haven't played and would prefer to get a new version where i could have better movepools.

Plus i want a legit Suicune.

Sat May 09, 2009 3:24 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

tpjerematic wrote:
Call me a cynic but THAT is the sole reason for these remakes. From what i can remember getting celebi is pretty hard, one in Colosseum with some Japanese disk. and a few events. So the option for them to be able to to milk another event for Celebi is more than enough reason for these remakes.

They would not go through all of the trouble of developing, manufacturing, distributing and marketing a new set of games for the sole reason of being able to hold Celebi events. If they wanted to give away Celebi that much, they could just give it away. They didn't need a reason or have a game to promote when they held a Dragonite giveaway a few months ago. Celebi itself was given away in the United States in 2006 with no game to promote either.

Sat May 09, 2009 3:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I actually liked the Johto games, and I quite miss them. I'm glad they are making a remake. I can't wait to see what they do with it to make it better (if they can). Also, it would be even better if, like in the original Gold and Silver games, we could travel to other regions! That would really make it worthwhile for me.

Sat May 09, 2009 5:09 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I need more of a challenge in Johto. I'm hoping the game is tougher as far as levels go.

WHAT.

The CODE: 1247-4963-6472

Sat May 09, 2009 7:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My game still works as I fixed the battery. However, I want to get these new games for the same nostalgia with better graphics.

Sat May 09, 2009 7:36 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I can't express how much I want this right now. G/S/C is by far my favorite generation. I loved everything about it and even if Kanto isn't in the game I will buy the gold remake just for the opportunity to go back to Johto.

Sat May 09, 2009 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 87 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next