It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Perfect Pokemon Catching Pokemon! 

What last move should Gallade be taught?
Swords Dance 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Psycho Cut 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Night Slash 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Ice Punch 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Thunder Punch 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Fire Punch 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Other 69%  69%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 13

Perfect Pokemon Catching Pokemon! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, I need some advice. I'm raising a future Gallade {gallade} that I'll only use to catch other pokemon. I WILL have him know False Swipe, Mean Look (to catch roaming pokemon easier) Hypnosis, and a last move. Problem is what last move? I was thinking psycho cut but there are other options like ice punch, thunder punch, and night slash. My future Gallade (currently Kirlia) is Adament and EV trained in Attack (so I can get pokemon down to 1hp using false swipe in 1 attack hopefully) and I plan on speed 128 and something like Hp or Def 128. Back to moves, with the final move being psycho cut, it has the type bonus added to it. Con side of that is it might KO too many pokemon and be pointless. Night Slash pro is its dark and only super effective on psychic and the majority of psychic pokemon having low def so I can just use false swipe! I'm worried about steel pokemon, since false swipe is normal and not very effective against them. Ice punch? Swords Dance 3 times and false swipe?

Overall what last move should Gallade know besides Hypnosis, False Swipe, and Mean Look?

Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:17 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

A move that confuses or poisons,something that just picks away at their health.I recommend a confusion-inducing move as it stops after awhile but poison doesn't,so you have at least some control over how much damage they take.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Regi`mon! wrote:
A move that confuses or poisons,something that just picks away at their health.I recommend a confusion-inducing move as it stops after awhile but poison doesn't,so you have at least some control over how much damage they take.

I suppose that would a good tactic. Will-o-wisp would pick away their health and halve their attack, and Gallade's defence is terrible. But then I wouldn't be able to put them to sleep....

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

...Sleep has better catch rate than burn. If you are that worried about defense, find a move that will raise Gallade's defense stat...hope I helped at least a little...

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:08 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

pokemon ranger wrote:
...Sleep has better catch rate than burn. If you are that worried about defense, find a move that will raise Gallade's defense stat...hope I helped at least a little...

Yes thats why I plan on having him know Hypnosis....

Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

if you are worried about steel type pokemon get fire punch to hurt it, or as others said another attack that can cause confusion. that's what i tink.

Only during the [color=#FFFF00]day[/color] can you truly hide in the [color=#000000]shadows[/color]
help my pokefarm
[url=http://pokefarm.org/_ext/PDZTvDZO5GJmm][img]http://pokefarm.org/_ext/BDZTvDZO5GZs1GROzGQmm[/img][/url]
member of the nuzlock challenge

Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: In the land of hysterical goths... Toronto, Ontario.
I'd suggest something that can hit a Ghost type. I once made a Smeargle similar to that Gallade, although it was in Emerald, with Spore/Mean Look/False Swipe/Faint Attack.

You've already got a move to put the pokemon you want to sleep, and you've got Mean Look to trap it, and False Swipe to leave it at 1 HP. All you need is something to help catch pokemon that are immune to/resist the Normal-type. Either go with an attacking move that won't own everything 1hit or go with a Confusion move to whittle down its HP.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

use something that isnt super effictive against anything you usually catch so you dont kill (k/o) it. Ex. if you catch water pokemon use ice punch not thunder punch, but not fire punch because fire isnt very effective.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:24 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

{squirtle} well in my personal opinion if i had that..so i wouldnt kill things and if steel type is the problem i would teach itfire punch..but if it was steel i would teach it confusion or payback..just bcuz your speed would be high and payback wouldnt do much cuz youd be going first so the attack isnt double, and /or confusion cuz its a low powered psychic which wouldnt kill anyone fast

Fri May 01, 2009 4:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

well.....i think that having hypnosis is a good idea but still that wears off so i would use
my favourite stus ailment...paralyses :D teach it thunder wave for better results
...plus if your gallade has bad defence than it can stop it from getting hurt from time to time
:D :D :D :D :D

~Empoleon99~

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'd say skill swap just in case Their ability prevents you're meathod from working.
But remeber you won't be able to hurt ghosts
unless you used night slash

Mon May 04, 2009 9:59 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

empoleon99 wrote:
well.....i think that having hypnosis is a good idea but still that wears off so i would use
my favourite stus ailment...paralyses :D teach it thunder wave for better results
...plus if your gallade has bad defence than it can stop it from getting hurt from time to time
:D :D :D :D :D

~Empoleon99~

Hypnosis > Paralyses

Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
I'd have to go with empoleon.

T wave is vastly more accurate, and is perminent.
Unless you have Dark Void(which Gallade can't) don't bother with sleep in DPP.

Thu May 07, 2009 7:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Excatly......hypnosis normally has a bad accuracy anyway and doesnt last

My Soul Silver Team:
{feraligatr} {charizard} {sceptile} {ampharos} {crobat} {scizor}

Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Why not just use a smeargle to sketch the moves you want? I'm sure its false swipe won't be nearly as powerful, but ehh. I would think that you would be fine as long as you just train it up high enough.
I don't see why anyone here is suggesting moves for use against ghost types. Of the 18 ghost types out there, 11 are catchable. Of those eleven, two have no weaknesses.

It is completely pointless to teach a dark move to a catching pokemon just to cover nine species.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Fri May 08, 2009 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]