It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 The Official HG/SS News Thread 
Lite Four
Lite Four

Right, so I'm putting this in Sinnoh Generation and moving it to General Pokemon Discussion after I hit submit, because I know this thread is going to pop up 1000000000000000000 times in Sinnoh Gen. if I don't.

Quote:
Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.

The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Nintendo Dream, which are Japanese magazines, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.

Furthermore, the most recent episode previewed the annnouncement by showing two balls: one gold and one silver. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops.

Sauce: http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... this_month

Like any other Pokemon fan, I'm anticipating a G/S remake, but on one condition: not similar to LG/FR. By that, I mean LG/FR was...disappointing. It wasn't a REMAKE, it was a rehash. There were no new features besides R/S's crappy additions to the series, a second E4 line-up, Sevi Islands, and a few other stupid gimmicks. I want a G/S remake to be something different, something the original GS was lacking. Detailed Johto mixed in with some Kanto specialness. The Johto region that was in Gold & Silver really lacked depth and detail, especially when it's compared to Sinnoh. This might have something to do with the GBC limitations, but I'm not knowledgeable in that area, so I'm not really sure.

By the way, the "GSC batteries are dying" is a pathetic excuse for a remake. Anyone with half a brain could rip apart their Gold/Silver/Crystal cartridges and take care of that problem, or buy one of the few special accessories available online called Mega Memory Card or Monster Brain.

Discuss nao.

edit: I swear if Nintendo reveals another :censored: Mystery Dungeon or Ranger game I'll throw away any respect I had left for them. I can't believe they made sequels to those crappy games and have a hard time believing people actually enjoyed them (but considering most Pokemon fans are ages 4-10, I guess it shouldn't surprise me.)

Sun May 03, 2009 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

eh, I haven't ever played Gold/Silver, so it would be cool to get a DS remake of Gold/Silver. I'll probably get it when it comes out, so I can have a go at it. My friends have told me Gold and Silver are great games, etc. Hopefully it will have compatibility with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum so Lugia and Ho-oh can be caught easily.

3DS FC: Snail 4527-8592-7979

Sun May 03, 2009 2:29 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I missed the part about the gold and silver balls earlier.

I really hope they do a remake. It'd be nice, and I'm sort of getting sick of rants on every pokemon forum I go to about no GS remake.

Sun May 03, 2009 4:23 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Krisp wrote:
edit: I swear if Nintendo reveals another :censored: Mystery Dungeon or Ranger game I'll throw away any respect I had left for them. I can't believe they made sequels to those crappy games and have a hard time believing people actually enjoyed them (but considering most Pokemon fans are ages 4-10, I guess it shouldn't surprise me.)

I agree with you, I absolutely hate the PMD, and Ranger games.

I really hope its G/S remakes, I've been waiting for 4 years for them, it's about time.

Sun May 03, 2009 4:36 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I would be delighted if it were to be a GS remake. There's something inherently charming about GS, and something's very nostalgic about the way you can visit Kanto. However, Kanto felt rather shallow and devoid of content, and you can easily rip through the Kanto Gym Leaders and be done with that latter part of the game. I do hope they make this part of the game more engaging.

Sun May 03, 2009 5:20 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Baw, who cares about GS remakes. I want Pinball DPP :[!!!

Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 am
Just your average 10 year old

Of course it's Gold/Silver.

The Balls are Gold/Silver.

Movie 12 poster has the Gold/Silver starters in it.

I just hope Nintendo doesn't send Ash back to Johto because of a 'Battle Frontier' like they did with FR/LG anime. That will eliminate any respect for already horrible anime. Besides, the whole Johto Anime was just fillers. Hopefully this time the Anime will be better.

Sun May 03, 2009 8:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If this happened, I would start playing Pokemon on my DS again, instead of playing Gold on my old GBC and GBA SP. Gold and Silver definitely had the best in game adventure seeing as it was the longest and included 2 regions. However, Krisp is exactly right. It has to be more than just a replica of the originals. There needs to be more features and additional details throughout the game. One thing that I'm excited for is a remodeled PokeGear. The PokeGear in GSC was amazing and blows the RSE PokeNav out of the water. I hope the phone feature as additional embellishments. Also, hopefully, the radio will have more stations. As much as I know it won't happen, I hope the gym and elite members have the same old Pokemon as opposed to Hoenn or Sinnoh ones. But obviously Pokemon like Mamoswine will be incorporated into the game seeing as how Swinub should be available. Despite my hatred for a post GSC game (save FRLG), I would buy this one.

Sun May 03, 2009 9:02 am
Profile YIM WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Beav232 wrote:
I just hope Nintendo doesn't send Ash back to Johto because of a 'Battle Frontier' like they did with FR/LG anime. That will eliminate any respect for already horrible anime. Besides, the whole Johto Anime was just fillers. Hopefully this time the Anime will be better.

These are clearly going to be the GS remakes that everybody and their mother wants for some reason, as the Anime and the movies are so obviously telegraphing the fact that something Johto-related is coming (Pichu, Chikorita, Cyndaquil and Totodile all in Movie 12 for no reason? Ambipom leaving Dawn's team, most likely to free up a spot for a Cyndaquil? Really?). That and all of the "hints" that people have been pointing out for the last three years ("OMG, DP starts with a report about the shiny Gyarados! OMG, Jasmine makes a throwaway cameo! OMG, a location for Johto is in the game's code! OMG, you can't catch the Legendary dogs or Lugia/Ho-oh in Generation IV! OMG, a Pokeball in DPP is gold and silver! OMG, I'm braindead!").

I personally could not care less if GS is remade and I will not be buying the remakes if/when they're released. My copies of Gold, Silver and Crystal work just fine and I have no need to buy a version of G/S that has DPP's coat of paint and numerous annoying gameplay mechanics thrown on top of it. Nintendo and/or Gamefreak also happen to be incredibly lazy and profit-driven, so I have no doubt that a GS remake would be to DP what FRLG was to RS; a half-assed remake with pretty graphics and the current Generation's internal code. So, yeah, I have no excitement for Gold Sky and Silver Ocean (which is what I'm guessing they'll be called, as Gold/en Sun is off-limits), although I'm sure 95% of the Pokemon fanbase is creaming themselves right now.

I would much rather have Generation V confirmed than yet another "Hey, here's another remake because we need to kill more time before the next set of games." Or, failing that, I would much rather have Pokemon Snap 2, but that would make too much sense and is never going to happen because Nintendo is a bunch of communists.

Sun May 03, 2009 9:48 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I wouldn't really mind it being a remake of G/S those games were really quite good and second best in the series IMO where you could go across both Kanto and Johto and collect 16 badges that was awesome, honestly like Krisp said if its another :censored: mystery dungeon game I will have no more respect for Nintendo.

Sun May 03, 2009 11:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Frost wrote:
...because Nintendo is a bunch of communists.

I love google.

Sun May 03, 2009 2:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Even though I've been eagering for a Gold/Silver remake (since I don't and never did own those games, and they are my favorites), I'd rather have the new Pokémon generation being announced. Since Diamond and Pearl sorta let me down on the monsters designs department, I'm very curious as to what Game Freak planned for the new ones: I honestly hope they are a little more original (by that I mean less alternate forms and evos/pre-evos) and pretty. But of course I'd like it a lot if they were G/S remade as well. Either way I'm happy.

But yeah, it's going to be a huge disappointment if it's another spin-off game. Seriously, Mystery Dungeon has three of them already, and every single Pokémon revealed so far are available for recruiting and stuff. Do we really need, like, a fourth one? Geez, even I am tired of those games, and I actually enjoyed playing Mystery Dungeon. =/

Sun May 03, 2009 3:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I personally think it is rather soon for a new game, seeing as how it took Nintendo 2 years to just upgrade Diamond and Pearl to make Platinum, unless they were working on this new game and Platinum at the same time. However, if it is a Gold Silver remake, then I'll get it, as mine were malfunctioning and I sold them.

[color=#00FF00]Diamond --Friend Code: 2492-7598-5769 --Name: SUPER JK --Play Time: over 754 hours --ID No.: 05221
Pokedex: 493 Awe yeah! --Score: 60689 --Adventure Started: Apr. 22, 2007 --Card: Silver --Money: 999,999 poke[/color]

Sun May 03, 2009 7:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm kinda with Frost on this one. I really have no desire to go back to Johto. The experience as a whole didn't really strike me as being memorable, and that's coming from someone who owned all three versions.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sun May 03, 2009 10:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I know there is a Sky Green PMD coming out
Explorer of sky or something like that

But to remake G/S they would probly take out Kanto because it doesn't "fit the mold' of the newer games
and if they did that You would lose alot
Like the ferry and the monorail
I'd think they have to add quite a few new areas like a sea route and town off of cherry grove, and village on top of Mt. Mortar
Plus they'd have to revamp areas, like a larger Ilex forest, Improve the woods by Lake of rage, Make the dragon den more complex, even add a working safari game I'd put it near the moo-moo ranch, maybe they have the monorail run to Mt. silver or something.
Even the pokemon league would have to change.

And thirdly they said some where that there would always be three games in a series
think about it FRLG don't have a third version What if
The G/S remakes include a remake of FRLG?
That Game would Have SO much Depth.

Mon May 04, 2009 7:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Playing Gold yesterday, I went through Victory Road. As I was going through, I noticed how simple it was. Everything was straight-forward and there wasn't a single trainer in there, save for your rival. It is utterly disappointing compared to the other games. Also, the Elite 4 are pathetic. Level 50 as the Champion's strongest Pokemon? Outrageous. I'm hoping that in the revamp there will be an upgraded version of both Victory Road and the Elite 4.

Note: If Sky Green PMD comes out, I will never buy Nintendo products again.

Mon May 04, 2009 1:31 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I think enhancing the Jhoto region for DS would be a good idea in most cases, because (I know you Krisp already said something about this, but whatever) but the batteries would keep dying every 10 years or so, and not everyone has a GBC-compatable system, since most newbies to pokemon don't know where to get GBC games and/or wouldn't get the super-memory thing and/or only have the newest systems and/or are too lazy to change the batteries. Besides, I've always wanted a Cyndaquil that wasn't so hard to get. My friend gave me his old Gold game for my birthday last year because it didn't save (figure that one out) and I don't know how I'm going to open the back to get in a new battery, so I deserted it. I have a GBC but I don't like playing it.
Enhancement would be great, and Nintendo knows people will buy it. Is it being released in Japan first, in 6 days?

PS It would be cool if they brought back Misty and her Togepi (though I doubt they would) because that would be the only thing that the new games could do to help the show.

Image (by Ender)

Mon May 04, 2009 6:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Assuming they are indeed G/S remakes, then this upcoming announcement would just confirm that they're making them, so they'd still be a long way off, probably a year or so.

Or not, wtf do I know :D

I will say I'm totally stoked and hoping that they ARE G/S remakes. As awesome as a fifth generation confirmation would be, to be honest I'm still deeply immersed in the fourth gen still. Plus I like the idea of going through a game with "old school-ish" pokemon. That said, it'd have the be an uber revamp for it not to be disappointing. FR/LG were ok, but when you compare it to RSE, they suck. The towns are barren, as are the routes, and the graphics seemed to be worse in FR/LG than they were in RSE somehow, so if a G/S remake is like that then.... I'll still buy it

>_>

Tue May 05, 2009 1:27 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

has anyone ever wonder y they havent made a game to where you can start i kanto and work your way to sinnoh? it would be a great concept.

that being said g/s remakes would be good because those ar the only ones you cannot transfer over from but they were also some of the better versions

Wed May 06, 2009 10:31 am
THE POWER IS ON!

cfernando6 wrote:
has anyone ever wonder y they havent made a game to where you can start i kanto and work your way to sinnoh?

Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'd buy it just to get a Red Gyarados.

But continually resetting until I get good natures on Ho-oh and Lugia is another reason.

Wed May 06, 2009 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Has anyone considered the idea that this might just be a cruel joke by Nintendo and that NOTHING is coming soon? Now that would be mean as can be, but funny as well, if you think about it!

-Ryan

Thu May 07, 2009 11:21 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ryan_dan wrote:
Has anyone considered the idea that this might just be a cruel joke by Nintendo and that NOTHING is coming soon? Now that would be mean as can be, but funny as well, if you think about it!

-Ryan

If they were to do that, (which they won't), I would never buy another Nintendo game again, and all my respect for them would go bye, bye.

Thu May 07, 2009 12:04 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Krisp wrote:
I swear if Nintendo reveals another :censored: Mystery Dungeon or Ranger game I'll throw away any respect I had left for them. I can't believe they made sequels to those crappy games and have a hard time believing people actually enjoyed them (but considering most Pokemon fans are ages 4-10, I guess it shouldn't surprise me.)

Ok now thats not fair. I'll admit Ranger sucked, but don't go dissing the dungeon. I loved PMD, and don't call me a 4-10 year old.

Thu May 07, 2009 1:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ranger was, in micro-amounts, tolerable, and PMD was just plain fun.
But knowing Nintendo and based on how the Pokemon-series has "improved"..... The will remake Jhoto, but add in a bunch of dumb crap and leave us horribly disappointment BUT we'll buy it anyway 'cause we're all suckers for an electric mouse on a surfboard. :D

Thu May 07, 2009 5:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 252 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next