It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 What did you love the most about the metalic series? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

What did you love the most about the metalic series?

Mine was finding out that there was shinies
Also the new pokemon and better sprites then R/B/Y

Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As I bet most people will say, I loved the new features.

The Berries, extra Pokemon, a new Region with more Badges to get, new Stones, new ways to evolve and get Pokemon (but I've never used Breeding still), Berries-for-Balls exchange for Kurt.

Plus, the real-time clock feature. That was great, except it caused a lot of problems later on (which is why I no longer play the Metallic series because the internal batteries have all timed out...). I remember many a time in Pizza Hut at night, finding Spinarak and Hoothoot like crazy. (My favorite, because it was the first I had of those, was Gold.)

Good times!

AEPMT :D :) 8-) :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:49 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The Aprkicorn PokeBalls, Beries, Night/Day, Going back to Jhoto, Battling Red, Battling Kanto Gym Leaders, etc.

I could go on forever :O

Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

New features but most of all, the length.

Thu May 07, 2009 2:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

The real time night and day function. Seeing different Pokemon in the same area was neat. Oh and the Bug Catching Contest.

Tue May 12, 2009 12:45 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I liked the mystery gift and the trainer club or whatever in Kanto where you could battle your friends who you did mystery gift with.

Tue May 12, 2009 6:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To be honest, they were probably my least favourite generation, but I loved the balls Kurt made. I liked figuring out which one to use for some reason, it made me feel like a real trainer. ;o

Wed May 13, 2009 9:53 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I could talk about several obvious things (day and night, breeding, held items, etc.), but I want to mention some other things instead.

I love that you can go back to Kanto. See, I'm confused. A lot of people say that being able to go back to Kanto is a drawback of the Generation II games. I'm serious. People actually accuse Gold and Silver for relying too much on their prequels to get people to care; you can go back to Kanto, and apparently the Johto Pokemon were "overshadowed" by the Kanto Pokemon that were all over Johto. Personally, I thought it was amazing that you could go back to Kanto and see how it changed over the course of three years. I still enjoyed the Johto part of the game immensely, and I didn't even know that you could go back to Kanto until after the games were released, so it's not like I was somebody who only ran out and bought the games after I found out about Kanto being present.

But, think about it this way: remember what happened in Ruby and Sapphire? Wouldn't you rather go to two regions in one game and have the choice to use your old favorites if you could? That's why I didn't like Ruby and Sapphire. They completely disrespected the past games by throwing out both previous regions and 75% of the old Pokemon. Yes, my first team in my Japanese Silver cartridge was two-thirds Kanto Pokemon and one-third Johto Pokemon, but my first team in my English Gold cartridge was 100% Johto Pokemon. Just because I wanted to go through the game with my favorite Pokemon ever (Dewgong), who are Nintendo and Gamefreak to say "No, you cannot. Buy our remakes of RBY if you want to use Dewgong!" like they did in RS? That's why I love GSC. They respected the past games while expanding the series in their own unique ways.

Also, the second thing I wanted to praise GSC for were the Pokemon. I don't know about you guys, but I go to several different Pokemon internet forums (PsyPoke, Bulbagarden and Smogon). A common recurring thought on all of these forums is that the Johto Pokemon were "forgettable." That they were "overshadowed by the Kanto Pokemon." That they "weren't good enough." I think that's a load of crap. There are so many Johto-region Pokemon that I enjoy, much more than Hoenn's or Sinnoh's, and that includes Johto Pokemon who were related to Kanto Pokemon. Politoed, Bellossom and Slowking are awesome. Espeon and Umbreon were cool. I'm also a big fan of the idea of branched evolutions, as they're a clever way to expand a family of Pokemon without making the current final evolution obsolete, so why should I not like these Pokemon because their existence "relied on Kanto Pokemon"?

The other new evolutions in Johto (Kingdra, Steelix, Crobat, Porygon2, etc.) were all extremely necessary and upgraded some of the weakest Pokemon in RBY. Seriously, Seadra, Onix, Golbat and Porygon were among the biggest losers of the fully-evolved Kanto Pokemon, and they all became usable Pokemon with their new evolution. And Johto had plenty of new Pokemon that were awesome to me and that weren't related to old ones: all of the starters, Furret, Noctowl, Ledian, Spinarak, Jumpluff, Ampharos, Togetic, Azumarill, Lanturn, Quagsire, Heracross, Houndoom, Misdreavus, Donphan, Teddiursa, Mantine, Corsola, Aipom, Delibird, Miltank, etc., etc., etc. "Forgettable" my ass. I actively dislike less than 10% of the Johto Pokemon (Sneasel, Pichu, Togepi, Unown, maybe a couple of others), which is way more than I can say for Hoenn or even Sinnoh.

Wed May 13, 2009 11:38 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Technically, Frost, considering your pattern, it should be Ariados, not Spinarak...

Yes, I loved that as well. While there are some Pokemon I can say seemed rather pointless (mostly, because I'm biased, the ones I couldn't catch...), the rest were all great. And Kanto was a big plus. The main thing I didn't like as far as Pokemon from Johto is that they weren't all available in Johto. Look at Murkrow, Houndoom, Misdreavus, Tyranitar (and all of their pre-evolutions), and I think there was another one... that were only available in Kanto.

Partly because I never got 16 badges, and partly because I never knew where to look, I couldn't find any of them...

:(

AEPMT :D 8-) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

P.S.: But that was my favorite feature!

Writers' Challenge

Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I really liked that there was a longer storyline, special stats split, kurt's pokeball making, radio, phone, slot machines that cheat for you :D . And for Crystal, Beuna's Password, moving pokemon, better graphics, Suicune based storyline, and boy and girl variation. My favorite of all the pokemon games so far is Crystal version.

Wed May 20, 2009 1:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Are you sure? Every game after Crystal had that arguably most important feature. Suicune was nice, but I couldn't find anything more special about it (the game, that is, not the story). I loved Kurt's Pokeballs, and the Sp. stats being split added a new depth to battling in general...

Writers' Challenge

Wed May 20, 2009 8:37 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I remeber when I trapped my friend in Dark cave, I got him between two rock smash rocks since it wasn't a HM then.

Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

There are a lot of features that I love:
~You can revisit Kanto
~Visible day and night
~Kurt's Pokeballs
~PokeGear
~The clock
~Breeding
~Pokemon genders added

The list is going on... :D

Sat May 23, 2009 12:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, the Pokegear was good. I hope they don't do something corny to the Poketch to try and make it match...

Writers' Challenge

Sat May 23, 2009 5:02 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

the tournament thing where you caught rare bugs ^^ it was so fun

Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The Pokemon.

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I liked how your Pokemon could Headbutt trees and Pokemon would fall out of them. It sort of showed that not all Pokemon live in the grass or water. I also liked the Bug Catching Contest, and the Shiny Gyarados at Lake of Rage.

Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I absolutely loved the starters. I don't love the others nearly as much as I love the fire and water starters in the 2nd gen. I actually have to debate to choose between having a Typhlosion or Feraligator. That's a hard choice for me every time I re-start! All the other ones, I hands down take the fire Pokemon the first time around and only take the others because it helps my Pokedex. And to be honest, I really wasn't impressed by the 4th gen. fire starter. The 3rd gen. was okay and you can't really be a fire fan without loving Charazard, personally.

I also liked the legendary trio in CGS because I like dogs you had to work for them. I also thought Lugia was a really cool looking fella. Surprisingly, he is as strong as he is menacing.

I really did love that you could go back to Kanto and fight all of the gym leaders again. I was really disappointed when you couldn't do that with the 3rd and 4th gens. I like a long challenge, I think it would be really awesome to have all 32 gyms available to fight, and after the first 8, the Elite Four should get tougher. I think it would make the game richer. Maybe even be able to find more Pokemon on old routes after each gym.

Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I love almost everything about my gold version. What I don't like about gold or eny version is that you have to trade in order to get certain pokemon. I don't have anyone to trade with. If you have a tip, E-mail me at klwcms@yahoo.com. The other thing I don't like is that the legindary dogs move around so much. It is anoying to try and catch them.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:04 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

gragon wrote:
I love almost everything about my gold version. What I don't like about gold or eny version is that you have to trade in order to get certain pokemon. I don't have anyone to trade with. If you have a tip, E-mail me at klwcms@yahoo.com. The other thing I don't like is that the legindary dogs move around so much. It is anoying to try and catch them.

That's cool but what you are doing is necromancy...

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I loved alot the legendaries {entei} {suicune} {raikou} {lugia}

-Day and Night times
-Days Passes
-Jhoto Pokemon especially {totodile}
-Going to Kanto
-Kurt and his balls
-Pokemon Outbreaks
-Pokegear

What i Dislike
-The Game seemed easy
-the weak kanto pokemon
-the time capsule got a little annoying

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:04 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

without a doubt, time based events. :)

Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
hmm...for me I liked the;

1. Berries
2. Various Pokeballs Kurt made
3. That it was multi Region (you could travel in Kanto)
4. Starter Pokemon
5. Rival
6. the female trainer option in Crystal
7. Catching Suicune in Crystal
8. the Battle Tower in Crystal
9. battling Red
10. fact that Koga was an Elite 4
11. Elite 4 Karen, glad to see a member of the Elite 4 using one of the new Types
12. The Dark Type addition
13. The New Evolutions/Pre-Evolutions
14. Option for Mom to save your Money, even if she spent some of it from time to time
15. The Item Sacred Ash as it saved me alot of money when I got to Lance
16. Real Time factor in the game
17. Rival Battle Theme

For what I disliked...probably;

1. No Safari Zone...this was cause it reduced the amount of activity in Kanto
2. No Cinnabar Island
3. No Seafoam Island
4. Having to go to Whirl Islands to battle your Rival post-game as it required HMs
5. Requirements to obtain Ho-oh in Crystal
6. Traveling Pokemon as I could never catch either one of the three but came close to catching Entei once
7. The fact that some pokemon fled from you during battle
8. arrangement of Version Exclusives
9. what? No special Item on Lugia when caught? Boo!

That's it for me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Last edited by Lawence Codye on Fri May 07, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:19 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I did love those traveling pokemon. they were fun to hunt and capture. a little to easy perhaps, but still fun. :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:40 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Ryder wrote:
I did love those traveling pokemon. they were fun to hunt and capture. a little to easy perhaps, but still fun. :D

They were not to easy per say...but I did like the idea of them...just not 2nd Gen...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next