It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Roleplay Applications 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Roleplay Name: Pokemon: Rocket Syndrome
Roleplay Genre: Pokemon

Setting: Modern times, 6 cold corners of the world

Plot: Team Rocket is at it again. They have nearly done it this time. You know what I mean. Taken over the world. 6 people, 3 trainers and 3 researchers, have fled to the corners of the Pokemon World (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore) to try and stop them. There is only 1 way to bring them down. There are 9 orbs scattered around the world, and each holds the world together. If Team Rocket gets to the orbs before our 6 heroes do, it will mean bad news. In addition, each orb is guarded by traps, and by a legendary Pokemon.
Rules:

Additional Rules:
Players are not allowed to use Legendary Pokemon.
Professors must have at least 1 starter Pokemon or evolved form of a starter Pokemon.

{donphan}
{heatran}
{salamence}

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:59 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

flaming_fox and I were reminiscing about the good ol' days, so we've decided to try and start a new RP together.

Roleplay Name: Left 4 Dead: Devil's Swamp
Roleplay Genre: Survival Horror
Rating: The concept is M, but we can tone it down a bit to PG-13 by limiting the description of blood and gore. It won't be like "and then the intestines went flying everywhere!!!", I can assure you that.

Setting: Earth, modern day time. It is a post-zombie apocalypse, with most of the human race becoming "Infected". Throughout the world, there are a number of people who are immune from the infection. They go from location to location, trying to find means of rescue, ranging from hospital helicopters to military APC units.

Plot: In this campaign, the group of survivors start in a small city that is rapidly losing it's use as a safe spot. They decide to follow a rumor that there are plans for a rescue pickup in a nearby marsh due to its secluded location.

Goal: Yes, this RP has an actual ending planned, one way or another. The optimal goal is for all survivors to make it to the designated evacuation area. However, the world isn't always perfect. It is entirely possible that some survivors may not survive the journey, or even that their rescue chance will be ruined.

Weapons: Obviously, you are going to need to be equipped for the zombie apocalypse if you plan on getting down the street alive. Everyone starts with the following equipment:
-Pistol
-Choice between Pump Shotgun and Submachine Gun for primary weapon
-First Aid Kit (you can only carry one at a time)
-Melee Weapon of your choice (more information below)

[First Tier Weapons]
Pistol- Your standard issue 9mm companion. It has unlimited ammo (but still must be reloaded periodically), and is fairly accurate over long distances. Its firepower leaves something to be desired for, however. Also, you can acquire and extra pistol later in the campaign, allowing you to dual wield pistols while using them. When you are incapacitated (unless you are incapacitated and trapped in some fashion), the only weapon you can use is your pistol(s).
Melee Weapon of Choice- Your character is permitted to have one melee weapon at his/her disposal. This "weapon" must be something not normally intended for use as a weapon and can be acquired with relative ease. A good example would be a baseball bat. The exception to this rule is a (small) combat knife, should that be your fancy. You must create a small "back story" as to why your character has the melee weapon he/she has. Example: You use a combat knife because you were a U.S. Marine and have had it since your active duty.

[Second Tier Weapons] (chosen at beginning)
Pump Shotgun- The classic zombie killer. Very powerful at close range, weak and inaccurate at long range. Requires you to "pump" the next shell after every shot, and shells must be reloaded individually.
Submachine Gun (Uzi)- Automatic fire and better accuracy than the shotgun, especially at long range. It has less firepower than the shotgun at closer ranges, however. Ammo is reloaded via magazines.

[Third Tier Weapons] (acquired later in the campaign)
Auto-Shotgun- An advanced shotgun. It has semi-automatic fire (i.e. as fast as you can pull the trigger), and its firepower is even stronger than the pump action shotgun. It has more long distance accuracy than the pump now, but it still lacks in that category. Shells are still loaded individually.
Assault Rifle- An advanced submachine gun. It's automatic fire is (you guessed it) stronger than the uzi. It retains accuracy over long distances very well when fired in controlled bursts. It's firepower dwindles only slightly over distances, but is still not as powerful as the Auto-Shotgun in terms of raw power. Ammo is still loaded via magazines.
Hunting Rifle- A semi-automatic rifle unparalleled in range power and accuracy. Its shots are more powerful than the Assault Rifle all around, and a bit weaker than the Auto-Shotgun is at point blank range. It is equipped with a scope that allows for precision aiming when it is needed. It has a rather small ammo magazine, compared to the Assault Rifle, though.

Etc. Details
*This is meant to be a survival horror RP, so to stress the point, your character will undoubtedly be attacked and injured. Whether it be from Infected punches, slashes, large falls, set on fire, etc, injuries will stay with you unless treated. If left untreated, your character will suffer the consequences, ranging from infections (normal ones, not zombification) to imminent incapacitation. First aid kits can be found that will stabilize conditions and allow you to continue normally. Pain pills can also be acquired that will give you temporary relief, allowing you to get through tight situations where First Aid cannot be applied or is unavailable. If someone becomes incapacitated (i.e. injured to the point where they cannot get up from the ground), a teammate must rescue them.

*The standard human Infected are not your "Unnnngh brrrrraiiiiiinssss" slow-shuffle type zombie. When they are startled and know you are there, they will run after you. They can climb surfaces normal humans can't, and they can jump fairly far. When they reach you, they will try to punch and slash at you in lieu of biting/eating you.

*Shrill noises such as car alarms going off or heavy machinery activating can alert large hordes of Infected to the area in a heartbeat. Sometimes you may find you have to activate something zombie-attracting in order to progress.

*In addition to normal Infected, there are some Special Infected (also known as "Boss" Infected) that are distinguished from the normal zombies. They are mutated, and have special abilities at their disposal to attack you.
Smoker- These tall, lanky Infected can be heard far away due to their excessive coughing and wheezing. They have a retractable tongue that can extend up to 100ft, and pull weights greater than their own to boot. They try to use their tongue to ensnare survivors and either trap them against something and crush them by pulling, or by reeling them in and slashing away. When they are killed, they release a large cloud of smoke that hazes vision and causes uncontrollable coughing. A constricted survivor must be saved by another survivor.
Hunter- The Hunter is an agile Infected that can be distinguished by it's loud wails and growls it makes. It has the ability to leap incredible distances, and uses this to pounce unlucky survivors, trapping them. They then proceed to slash away until another survivor manages to either kill the Hunter or shove it off.
Boomer An intensely obese Infected whose body is bulging to the brim with disgusting bile. This bile carries a stagnant scent that attracts a large horde of normal Infected. Normally, this bile just stays inside them. But when they see survivors, they will try to vomit this bile onto any humans they can, thus rendering a target of an oncoming Infected horde. In addition, when a Boomer is shot, they will explode, and if any survivors are too close, they will be covered in juices from the explosion, triggering the same effect.
Tank-Imagine the Incredible Hulk. That pretty much sums up the Tank. It is a giant killing machine; it's only strategy is brute force. Its punches pack incredible power; enough to send survivors flying. They can even rip chunks from the ground (whether it be concrete, rock, or other) and throw them at you, or hit large objects like cars to send them rolling at you like a bowling ball. Only by working together can a Tank be brought down without a mortal loss to the team.

[Advanced Rules]
-Because of the content of this RP, it is directed to be a more "advanced RP". Therefore, applicants are required to have been members of Psypoke for at least 2 weeks and have at least 25 posts places other than the Roleplaying Forum. Common barriers such as illiteracy and poor grammar will weaken your chances of being accepted.
-Due to the nature of this RP, too many survivors would just bog down the RP. Too little would make it too restricted, as well. Therefore, the max number of roleplayers involved (including the host) will be SIX PLAYERS. If six doesn't work out for some reason, we may cut it down to 5. We will need a minimum of 4 to start, and will start with just 4 if no one else shows interest right away for too long.
-Like all RPs, godmodding is unacceptable. This RP will be tough even for RP regulars to avoid godmodding at times; magically being able to shoot the smoker that's ensnared you before you're constricted won't fly. Try your best to make this RP a cooperative experience, making everyone a part of the team.
-Your character is supposed to be unique and truly yours, yes, but try to remember this RP isn't about our character's developing and being focused on; it's about them working together to escape, regardless of their personality quirks and dispositions. There will not be any "story" events revolving around our characters, so don't apply expecting such things. The exception to this rule is the back story you create for your melee weapon.
-When talking out of character (OOC), please distinguish it by doing something such as double parentheses. This is a personal pet peeve of mine, though, so I won't be strict about it. example: ((Sorry, was busy last night guys))

-------------
Whew, lotta stuff. I'm probably forgetting a couple of things, so if you need anything else to approve/disapprove this, let me know. Thanks!

Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Looks perfect, Regi. Go for it.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ok, now you can approve/disapprove of it:

Roleplay Name: Butsukiri Bounty Hunters

Roleplay Genre: Action

Setting: A metropolis in the clouds where the protectors of Earth subside. Spanning an area similar to China, the town holds magical powers not known to the people of Earth. The "world of the clouds" or Sekai no Kumo has some of the most extreme climates that humans can possibly endure; ranging from scorching hot desert areas to freezing blizzards in high altitudes. Some areas are extremely distorted, like new dimentions, due to special forces not yet understood. Characters may also venture to Earth. Even after years of studying, the people of Sekai no Kumo have yet to fully understand Earth civilizations.

Plot: Earth is becoming overpopulated with strange creatures arising from hell. The Butsukiri, an association of bounty hunters arranged due to this catastrophe, travel to Earth and back to rid the planet of the beasts. They also encounter numerous troubles in their home in the clouds as well. The soldiers come from various backgrounds and all (should) have different personalities.

Additional Rules: *notes on template*= Fighting Style is either kenjutsu (swords), melee (fists, feet, and/or blunt objects; i.e. bo staff, nunchaku etc.), ranged (thrown weapons or bow and arrow), or black magiks (spells and such; spells come in these flavours: light, water, earth, wind, fire, mind, chemicals and metals.). For magiks please specify what element you major in. More detail on elements downward.
You may also use mixed fighting styles, but please choose only two of the four to mix. Weapon space only if any. If not, mark n/a. *Magical staves are considered weapons*. Origin and appearece at least 100 words, please. Personality 50 words. Experience level from 1 (being no experience whatsoever) to 100 (expert, but don't chose this yet, please...). Inteligence ranges from Imbicile to Genius.
*MAGIKS USERS*: Clarifying the elements section. No spell can be gigantic and kill thousands of people in one hit. Not even one person in one hit. It can be a trap, but only in the light, earth, and metals elements. A trap is something that a person needs to struggle to get out of like a bind or an elemental cage spell. Water elementals include snow and ice as well as water. Earth may consist of nature, plants, sand, and rock. Metals are in conjunction with the Mind element, in that you use melted metals and telekinesis to maneuver the metals. You may also work together with Earth users to pull metals from the ground. Mercury will be the starting metal, because in room temperature it is a plamsatic piece of matter (liquid and solid at the same time). Fire users may also work with Water users to make steam spells and the Boil Strike spell. Chemicals users MUST carry ammunition of vials and bombs made from either stereotypical chemicals, bombs, diseases, and extremely radioactive materials. Technically, Chemicals isn't a magik, but there's nowhere else to put it... Light users can control spaces of absence and presence of light and concentrate them to highly volitile beams and traps and such. Finally, Mind magiks consists of purely telekinesis. Players may use physical and mental energy to attack opponents. THE MIND may switch in between itself AND METALS as explained earlier.

Profile template:
Code:
[b]Name:

Fighting Style:

Weapon:

Origin:

Appearence:

Experience Level:

Inteligence:

[/b]

With LUV,
PHANTASMAGORIA

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Approved.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:46 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If it's not to much to ask, if this is not aproved, can I be given the details on why you think this is flawed and then give me a second to fix it? I think that's a given, but yeah.

Oh and yeah, I do not believe in the 4 move limit nor do I love the limitations put in the games. Cause if a Black Mage in Final Fantasy can learn more than five different spells, a few of which have two more powerful forms, I think that a pocket monster can learn more than 4 moves. Unless it's a pokemon adventure type rp, where, it's... what word can I use to describe it that doesn't insult too much... it's unbeneficial but sorta needed to prevent trainers from learning every tm there are and probably having a pokemon who can't take on anyone. BUT... in a story or a non-pokemon adventure type rp, I think it's okay to remove that 4 move limit... No, i don't play the metagame, I sorta stopped loving the pokemon battle system from the main series a while ago.

================================
Roleplay Name: Rebel Wars
Roleplay Genre: War related, Action Adventure, Rebellion

Setting: A region ruled by half-human half-pokemon creatures who are in war with the humans they tried to make peace with. 75% of the region is ruled by them and all their towns and cities under their rule bare a medival style look and life-style while somewhat futuristic items exists, such as televisions, army grade armor, radios, etc. The human side baring a pro-apocalyptic settlement feel where the cities are guarded by huge walls and the army is always in patrols and guarding the few towns and cities under the human-sides rule.

Plot:
In the Tarhee region some scientists have found the way to fully fuse together pokemon and humans, using the knowledge gained from studying an off world pokemon known as Deoxys whose manifestive and flexible cell structure gave them a deeper understand on how to fuse two creatures. The scientists were however shot dead as their creations were born, treated with hostility their creations, known as the Pahg(the pokemon and human generation) killed off their attackers using their superior abilities. Having been shun from society they spent several years in hiding, creating and understand the world around them and even multiplying due to the notes and data gained from the laboratories they were created in, allowing them to develop a way to reproduce normally and without the aid of machines, even if it wasn’t with someone of their species. Needless to say there was a peace between the creatures for a time, that is till the age of darkness came.

It started as an attempt to make peace with their human brotheren, but this peace was not accepted among all. They were treated with hostility and mockery by the crowd, few men went to their side and gave them the peace and friendship the pahg seeked. The politicians called them out as aliens, outcasts and rebels against society and so started a war that they would regret. The pahg leader tried to negotiate with the humans in an attempt of peace, but his word was not headed as a sniper shot an innocent pahg civilian, seeking to reconcile for their brothers death several pahg started attacking the humans. Following the lead of a new leader chosen in a matter of seconds, they lead an attack on the human city. Killing off all opposition and claiming the city as their own and outcasting their previous leader and giving the humans of the Terhee region an announcement.

“Hello humans, I am… no, WE are the Pahg, the middle ground species between pokemon and humans and soon enough, your rulers. For long have we lived in hiding and evolved ourselves to this point, so many years our fathers spent creating the perfect species that stands before you. Offering peace you treated us with death, killing off my wife and ridiculing us ever since we got here. I will not stand for your evil and let you control this region anymore, we are the pokemon and human generation and we are your soon to be rulers. Enjoy the time you have left, cause soon there won’t be any.”

And so started the Rebellion Wars or so they were called. After that day the pahg and human community would engage in a war that would last to this very day, one year after the war broke out.

With their powers the Pahg armies easily crushed the human ones, along with their ability to rebound bullet fire. Needless to say the Tarhee region found itself under mostly pahg domain. The humans only controlling a quarter of all the cities in the region and the pahg controlling most everything else. The pahg however were not without sympathy and allowed the humans in certains towns and under their laws, positioning a ‘king’ in each town to overlook the humans and control it however he or she wished. Spoiled with power and racists against humans, most of these kings were generally selfish and evil. The human ruled towns were in no better condition as fear of the pahg attacking was a thought always on mind. Yet their leaders cared little as they spent all their efforts into creating better weaponry and winning the war, even though they were losing. In a desperate attempt they called the leaders of other regions to send them aid and to send them trainers with pokemon whose skill could challenge the pahg.

The pahg were in a slightly better condition but still burdened as their king didn’t turn out as they thought. Not caring for the economy and only focused on the death of the human species, needless to say his ruler ship wasn’t the ideal one. Yet his strength was unparalleled as he was pokemon and human hybrid of deoxys as discovered when the war started. Focusing on power he let others deal with the economy and society, the ones who dealt with these issues were a group of pahg who called themselves the Counselor Society. But their ability to do good was limited by the war and lack of funds, as most of these were used on the Rebellion Wars.

Seeing the only true way to deal with the economies issues and make a better environment. So the pahg and the humans that wanted peace decided to band together and make a group meant on destroying the Pahg and human armies and then bring peace to the land.

Additional Details:
About the Pahg:
Description wise: The pahg are basically, a fusion of a pokemon and human. They are generally more human like than they are pokemon wise. But they have the ability to transform into the pokemon they represent so that makes up for it.
The pahg themselves look like humans with pokemon traits, let’s lets say… a vaporeon pahg would have blue skin, a tail, vaporeon like ears and have all of its abilities. They also share the same personality traits are vaporeon do and so on.
Move wise:
The pokemon are considered stronger since they can morph their body to allow them to use stronger attacks that pokemon can’t learn or for an example, perform two moves at the same time. So basically, the pahg themselves are limited to how cunning and creative they use their abilities. While limited to the pokemon side of themselves, so basically… a charizard pahg can’t use moves it doesn’t learn through level up…
Weaknesses:
Pahg generally get their weaknesses from their pokemon side, but they can’t die with just that. They must die at the hands of another pahg, of disease, old age or elemental weakness and then gunfire or sword wound

Sign-up
Name:
Race: (Pahg or Human)
Description: (How your character looks and what it wears and so on) (8 to 10 sentences, bare minimum)
Personality: (Self-explanatory) (5 to 7 sentences)
Side: (Pagh, Human, or Rebellion)
Role: (What will the character do, is he in the military, is he a soldier, an adventurer, a trainer, etc.)
History: (8 to 10 sentences)
Other: (Any thing else?)
Pokemon Team: (Human only)

Quote:

Use 6 times

Species:
Nickname: (Not needed, it’s a gimmick)
Moves: (No 4 move limit, only two non-level up moves though. Level determines how many level up moves you know. No lv50 or higher)
Hold Items:

Additional Rules:
None aside from what I consider basic and needed to keep the atmosphere I seek.

Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:46 pm
Profile YIM
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Would this be acceptable as far as blood and violence goes?

Quote:

Absol was furious, he sprinted over and took a bite at houndoom, as houndoom yelled in pain, absol wiped a little blood off his teeth.

Ok now also I'd like to apply for a RP

Roleplay Name: Dark Days in Sinnoh
Roleplay Genre: It's sorta like mystry dungeon set in the sinnoh region, before the days of humans.

Setting: The sinnoh region, before humans.

Plot: Something bad is comming to sinnoh, the clouds are always dark now, the seas are getting darker, and a lone Absol must warn the pokemon of the imminent danger.

Additional Rules:
No godmodding
No Legendaries (there are exceptions)
No Cussing
As little blood mentioned as possible

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:12 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Go away, Jaguar. You annoy me and you are not a moderator.

Deoxy Warrior: I like you, you make Crunchy happy, you made a big effort. Approved.

flygon tamer: I don't think you need blood in your pokemon roleplay, no. And you have to work on it a bit more. For all we know Absol is warning the others that it's about to sprinkle/rain.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:09 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Recently whilst looking for a RP I stumbled along this one. I asked Sneaky Sneasel whether I could re-create it and he let me so here it is!

Name: Pokemon High School 2

Genre: Pokemon

Setting: Um, a high school...for Pokemon.

Plot: Um, Pokemon go to school and learn stuff. Not just math though, they learn to battle too. The whole Rp will take place over one school day. The schedule will be:

1st : Math (Mr Claw)
2nd : Science (Mr Ice)
3rd: Language (Miss Ryan)
4th : Elective (These can be any of these subjects: Design (Miss Ryan), Psychology (Mr Ice) or History (Miss Sheep).
5th Battling (Mr Claw and Mrs Daniel)

Rules:
No Godmodding
Just like the previous RP, 6 attacks (one Egg and one TM OR two TMs plus 4 regular attacks).
There will be battles, so you just might lose one.
Try not to be a complete retard when it comes to grammar.

There is a total of 4 extra Teacher Roles. Anyone can apply to be a teacher the teachers available to be are:
Mr Ice – Must be an male Ice type.
Miss Ryan – Nidoqueen
Miss Sheep – Mareep
Mrs Daniel – Must be a female Fighting type.

I am unsure of how many people should join. I want at least all of the extra teacher places filled.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Ask me in a PM in a week. I'm still not happy with you spamming this thread.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:33 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
This enough for Plot?

Plot: Something bad is comming to sinnoh, a drought has started in the south, floods in the north, Huricanes have become a commonplace, Pokemon and Forests are dieing in record numbers. A dark void has appeared next to the sun. An Absol atop mount cronet can feel demensions tearing. Now he must find a rag-tag team of allies, to help him save sinnoh from what is destroying it.

Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:54 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Being I've just recently gotten into college and found my way back to the site, I thoguht it would only be appropriate to start my way back with a good old RP with a somewhat stolen storyline...so here it is!

Roleplay Name: Lord of the Flygons
Roleplay Genre: Adventure

Setting: A beautiful, yet deserted island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

Plot: Waking up on the sunny shores of a warm beach, a group of private school students find that their plane has crashed; Leaving them to live and fend for themselves. They'll have to learn together, strive together, and above all, learn to put up with eachother. This group of children will soon learn that even a parentless paradise can drive even the most stable person to pure insanity. The real test is if any of them can survive long enough for rescue to come, that is, if it does...

Additional Rules:
Being they're school students, ages should be between 10-18
I'll allow vulgarity...to an extent...too much and you'll be warned
To have this started off, I'll need at least 4 people
You know the drill, no mary sueing, god modding - the usual stuff
Break these and you get a {dunsparce} do it again and you get a {jynx} - {jynx} bans you
Other than that, just have fun...and try to survive :twisted:

Application-
Name:
Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Skill:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:49 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

flygon tamer: I'm going to have to deny you, sorry.

Saint_Jimmy: Approved.

Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Roleplay Name: Galactic Distortion
Roleplay Genre: Adventure, Pokemon

Setting: Pokemon League, Distortion World

Plot: Just as the Elite Four were promoting their infamous 'Free Tourny' something happened; Something big. After the violent, corrupting sounds of an explosion below, everything went dark. The surrounding world was different now, dark, twisted, upside down, and new. Pokemon never seen before were inhabiting this strange world. Trees grew on walls and lake beds rested on the ceiling. One thing is clear - Cyrus and his band of Galactics must be behind this, and they've taken the Elites prisoner. Together with their pokemon, 4 trainers must stand up to this enticing new place and save the Elites all while conquering Cyrus and find a way out of the Distortion World.

Additional Rules:
No God-modding
Only 3 pokemon
-Level-up moves up to lvl. 50
-You can have up to five attacks
-Any number of TM's and EGG moves
-No legendaries...yet
Please try to keep this RP fast paced and interesting
Add your own twists! Everyone likes to have a say :D
Please watch your language
I only want 4 for now, but once we enter Distortion World others can join

Application:
Name:
Personailty:
History:

Pokemon:
Moves:
Personality:

Anything Else You Wanna Add:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Last edited by Saint_Jimmy on Thu May 07, 2009 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Approved! Go, go, go!

(save spot for me, please ;p)

Sat May 09, 2009 9:37 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hello, id like to sign up for a RP

Name: Journey to our dooms
Genre: Adventure (mystery dungeon style)

In a smoking hut on a hill were bustling voices.
The council sounded terrified, even confused,
"We must alert the public, its our only chance," one said.
"It is too dangerous, only chaos will come from that," another argued
"Well, we must do some-"
"STOP!!!!!" a heavy voice bellowed.
"Arguing will not help anyway... we must wait for someone to take the iniciative, because there is nothing we can do..."

The next morning, on the beaches of the island Reh, the bloodcurdling screams heard from the horrified citezens could not be matched by anything else that could happen.
Reports of a great darkness were heard from survivors, but that was all that they could remember.
So four ordinary pokemon set out to defeat it... or die trying.

RP Rules:
1: normal rules, no godmoding, mary sueing, ect.
2: your pokemon may only have six moves, one egg move and tm move included in the six
3: no legendaries, {dratini}, {larvitar}, or {beldum}
4: this will only be third gen, no sinnoh pokes.
5: i will give you 2 warnings of {ninjask} and then you will get banned by {shedinja} if you violate these rules.

Application form:
Name:
Background: (i want one, but if you can't make one up thats fine)
role:(you can be a normal citizen, outlaw, outcast, or enigma)
Moves:

Whatever else you want to add i guess

Wed May 13, 2009 12:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Approvededed.

Fri May 15, 2009 1:04 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I waited my week but changed Rp.

Roleplay Name: Team Bardus
Roleplay Genre: Adventure

Setting: Will mainly be based in Hoenn but might spread over into Sinnoh

Plot: Team Rocket has combined forces with Team Aqua & Magma and is now called Team Bardus. They want to take over Hoenn and are causing chaos all over. The President of Hoenn, Jack Robinson, has had to flee to Sinnoh. He gathered together some of his most trusted trainers and asked them to sort this out. So now along with the elite 4 four trainers are planning to stop them.

Additional Rules:
1) Read the posts that have been made after your last. We do not want a sudden change in story and unrealisation of current events.

2) Use basic grammar. Nothing major just commas, full stops, speech, marks and so on.

3) We are not superheroes. Yes we may have rather strong Pokemon but you will not win every battle you undertake.

4) If one of you battles each other decide on a winner via Pm. If this is not done please in the Rp be realistic, if for example you had a Breloom that had been hit by Brave Bird, Blast Burn and Psychic it is most likely dead. Be able to admit defeat.

5) No major Godmodding. Minor Godmodding is allowed but nothing like you winning a battle and saying that the other Rpers Pokemon has fainted.

If any of these rules are broken you will receive a warning. We will be using a simple three-strike policy. Three warnings and your out. Your character will be called to have to go and Join STEVEN!!!! And you will not be able to continue but please if you think that you post might break the rules check with me. REMEMBER YOU MAY QUESTION WHY YOU HAVE A BAN AND IF YOU HAVE A REASON FOR WHY YOU DID IT THE WARNING MAY BE LIFTED. YOU CANNOT EXPECT US TO LIFT A BAN JUST BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT

Sat May 16, 2009 1:44 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

lol team bad-arse?

interesting how Magma and Aqua have teamed up.

sure, go for it.

Sun May 17, 2009 2:45 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well I'm posting on the site again, and I thought I might start it with a good ol' RPG.

Name: Purge

Genre: Cyberpunk, Advanced RPG

Description:
The year is 3033, and tensions are rising. The three global superpowers (Israel, China, and New America) are in a standoff that could very well lead to World War IV. The goverments are lead by hedonistic tyrants whose only interest is themselves. Drugs, Illegal technology, and gene altering implants are readily available and in widespread use. There are riots in the streets and murders in plain sight, but the cops are to high to notice. And a mysterious new Bio-Weapon, Purge, has been captured by a terrorist group that is threatening to unleash it on the world.

Plot: To deal with the terrorist threat, the New American government has enlisted 6 of the best soldiers to attempt to retrieve the Purge. The operatives must make their way into the Amazon plains to the terrorists base before the terrorists release the Purge (2 Weeks).

Drugs-
In the year 3033, hundreds of various drugs are in wide distribution and use. A 3030 Census reported that over three fourths of the population regularly uses casual drugs or stimulates, and of those, half of them use illegal substances. Drugs are classified in four ways:

Hallucinogen- A drug that tricks the mind into seeing, smelling, hearing, tasting, or feeling things that just aren't their

Stimulant- A drug that enhances the users general perception of the world. Often paired with another category.

Intelligence Enhancer- A drug that enhances the users creativity, reasononing abilities, or memory.

PEs- Standing for Physical Enhancer, PEs will increase the users physical abilities, often with negative side effects. For example, the drug Redethal allows the user to run speeds up to three times their normal limit but causes them to experience wild hallucinations.

Feel free to create your own drugs. The template is this-

Name:
Classification: (there can be more than one)
Effects: (what does it do)
Pricing: (low, medium or high)

Characters-
Stuff in Orange Is optional

Name-
Appearence-
History-
Family-
Age-
Personality-
Gender-
Favorites- Food, Color, Animal, Drug Etc
Drug Habits (if any)-
Likes-
Dislikes-

Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've been itchin' to make another roleplay.

Name: Shadows of Enigma
Rating: T (for intense violence, some blood, and minor language)
Genre: Fantasy

Setting: The future, where space travel isn't difficult, on a planet that seems lifeless.

Description: 5(or more) people have just woken up from a sleep they don't remember taking. They find themselves on a wide open prairie facing some dark woods. They all have horrid headaches, which seem to be getting worse. Eventually they began to develop abnormal abilities such as telekinesis, pyrokinesis, shape-shifting, etc. They have never met one another but they do have one thing in common..... find out what's happening and get of this planet. The planet's surface appears similar to that of Earth's. In the center of the island towers a huge mountain that overlooks the entire area.

Plot: Using your powers, you and the rest of the group must get to the top of the mountain in the center of the island. Many deadly creatures will appear and it will most likely take teamwork to fend them off. Along the way things will trigger your memories and you'll start to piece the puzzle back together.

Rules:
1 - Don't pick a super power that has no weakness.
2 - PLEASE USE PROPER GRAMMAR (unless for dialogue)
3 - No god modding, controling, blah blah, you know the drill.
4 - When talking out of character use the double parenthesis ((Like this))
5 - Most important, be creative!

Powers - Make up your own powers but give a really good description about what it can do(even if we know what it does). The limit on number of powers is 2 and the second one cannot be as strong as the first, e.g. Pyrokinesis with water bending (VERY BAD) or Telekinesis with psychic barriers (GOOD). A good starter for anyone who is stumped is Conjuring.

Profile:
Quote:
Name-
Age-
Appearnce-
Personality-
History-
Power(s)-
Weakness-
Extra- (such as fears, strengths, etc.)

Mine:
Name- Red Feor
Age- 25
Appearance- http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm29 ... f314a6.jpg
Personality- Red loves to socialize and tries to be everyones friend. He is easy to get along with but tends to be a downer sometimes. As long as he does good he usually stays cheerful. Red is a very bright person and is good at evaluating solutions to complex problems. The one thing he hates the most about people is when they don't think about other options.
History- Red grew up in a small town with his family. After he moved out he went to one of the best colleges in his state. He graduated with high honors and a degree in massage therapy and paranormal investigation. Red loved his first job as a massage therapist but eventually grew bored. He then was recruited by a governmental supernatural facility. There he learned about space travel and cross dimentional teleportation. Red was working on a mission with a few of his co-workers, they didn't know what it was for. All he remebers is blacking out and waking up in a grassy area.
Power(s)-Water bending(includes water vapor and ice) and teleportation
Weakness- Teleportation deplets him of all his energy and he cannot move on his own. If cannot use his hands then his powers are useless.
Extra- Red is a very fast runner and has good reflexes. He freezes in fear when he sees any kind of snake.

Last edited by redt on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:32 am
Profile WWW
I need to shut the **** up

This is an RP I'm reviving, I was told to re-apply since I'm starting over, so......here it is.

Genre : Adventure

Rating : E+10

Setting : The fabled city of Poketopia!

Plot : All was well in Poketopia.....until Team Atomic came. Team Atomic is a team of Poketopia Trainers who always seem to lose against the challengers. They are bent on destroying Poketopia. The Colosseum leaders are at a loss for what to do - with the amount of Trainers that have joined Team Atomic, they're pretty much helpless. Desperate, they call some of their younger/older relations to help out.
NOTE :
The grunts in Team Atomic use Fire and Psychic PKMN, The chief executives (Ana, Tony, and Michael) Use Water, Grass and Normal, and their boss, Tallia, uses Steel, Dark and Ghost PKMN. Over the course of the adventure, the guys go to the 10 Colosseums to defeat the threat to Poketopia!

Rules :
1. Follow the forum's rules. That is, no godmodding, Mary Sueing, spamming, etc please.
2. Your team must include 1 Basic Pokemon, and can also have 3 others, although no legendaries. The other 2 can be either Stage 1 or Stage 2 Pokemon.
3. Your PKMN can have as many TM Moves, Egg Moves and Tutored Moves as you want...provided it adds up to 4 moves. Make sure they have moves compatible with the Pokemon....no Skarmorys with Energy Ball.
4. At least 2 of your Pokemon (if not more) must be the same type. You can have the same Type Preference as a Leader/Master, but please try not to have the same type preferences as the other people in this RP.
5. As many people can enter as they want (well, 10 can), although as soon as I have 4 people I'm gonna start.
6. Please write OOC in one of these ways: OOC: After OOC, ((between double brackets)), or in a different colour.
7. Please, please, please don't break the rules. I really don't want to have to ban you, although I very highly doubt that'll happen. I'm pretty tolerant. You'll get 2 warnings. I'll have a list of parcipitants and if you have 1 warning you'll get a {chimecho}, 2 warnings, 2 {chimecho} s, and a ban your name is strikethroughed and you get an {alakazam}.
8. You ,must somehow be related to one of the Leaders, be it second cousin, brother or aunt.
9. Only one person can be related to the chosen Leader. So 2 people can't be related to Joe, before you ask. First come, first served.
10. Enjoy!

You can choose to be related to any of these Leaders :
Joe, the ultra-cool, tuxedo-wearing Master of Gateway Colosseum, likes his Normal-Types. He also frequently uses any of the 3 starters.
Taylor, the sweet little girl dressed as a Pachirisu, Leader of Main Street Colosseum. Uses Pachirisu, Electric-Types and Water-Types most.
Marina, the enthusiastic young girl dressed as Kyogre, Leader of Waterfall Colosseum. Uses Bug and Water-Types most.
Rosie, the beautiful cool girl dressed as Roserade, Leader of Neon Colosseum. Uses Roserade, Grass and Poison-Types the most.
Voldon, the tough muscle man dressed as Electivire, Leader of Crystal Colosseum. Uses Elecrivire, Electric, Fighting, and Rock-Types most.
Sashay, The graceful dancer and Master of Sunny Park Colosseum. She has a balanced team.
Terrel, the fiery young boy dressed as Groudon, Leader of Magma Colosseum. Uses Fire and Ground-Types most.
Dusty, the cunning cool boy dressed as Lucario, Leader of Sunset Colosseum. Uses Fighting-Types most.
Kruger, the arrogant, gray-tuxedoed man, and the Master of Courtyard Colosseum. Uses Dark-Types most.
Mysterial, the mysterious, eccentric magician and the Poketopia Master. Uses legendaries such as Dialga, Palkia, Ho-Oh, and Manaphy.

There you go! Click on the links for their appearances.
Right, here's what you all should have in your profile :
Quote:

Name : (Include a nickname if you wish)
Appearance : (optional)
Related To : (one of the Colosseum Leaders/Masters)
Personality :
History :
Pokemon :
Type Preference :
PKMN's Nickname(s) : (Also optional)
Pokemon's Movesets :
Other Info About Your Character/Their PKMN : (Again, optional)

Okay then, here's my profile:
Name : Rubana Grazia (Rube/Ruby)
Appearance : Here she is.
Related To : Sashay
Personality : Ruby is a little arrogant, although she is not totally narcissic like her sister Sashay. She respects others, and prefers others leading. She is shy and very skilled at dancing, although she has crippling stage fright. She is considerate towards others.
History : Sashay has always outshone Rubana, although Rubana never minded this. She loves her sister, however found her vanity tiresome. After living for 8 years in Poketopia, Rubana moved to Sinnoh and learnt how to battle and dance. She has been called back to Poketopia to "visit", but has no idea of the danger that awaits her....
Pokemon : {mantyke} Mantyke, {prinplup} Prinplup, {lumineon} Lumineon and {sealeo} Sealeo.
Type Preference : Water-Type
Pokemon's Movesets : {mantyke} : Headbutt, Aqua Ring, Signal Beam, Water Pulse.
{prinplup} : Bubblebeam, Drill Peck, Ice Beam, Protect.
{lumineon} : Silver Wind, Surf, Psybeam, Flash.
{sealeo} : Aurora Beam, Rest, Snore, Aqua Tail.
Other Info About Your Character/Their PKMN : Mantyke is Rube's best friend and first Pokemon, although she has never wanted to evolve it.
Jaguar and redt have a place reserved.

There! Sheeeeez, that took WAY too long. Ah well, done now.
{chingling}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:10 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

rumetz: Uh... I don't think so. The idea sounds good on a maturer site, but the whole roleplay about drugs? I can't see anything good coming out of this. No.

redt: Approved.

*superiorchingling*: Approved.
{chingling}

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:05 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Roleplay Name: Star Trek: USS Nova

Roleplay Genre: Scienfe-Fiction, based off of Star Trek

Setting: Aboard the starship USS Nova. It is a Constitution-class starship. It is around the time of Piccard (TNG or Kirk (TOS); I'll take a poll to see which.

Rating: E - E10+

Plot: As it starts out, the shipp will pick up the Ambassador from the planet Pietae, a planet in the far reaches of Federation space, on a mission to Earth. The crew has been awake for time and need rest. They deliver the Ambassador T'Kelm safely, and have other missions later.

Additional Rules:
1. MUST know the basics about star trek; your rank will depend on how much you know about the show and such.
2. No excessive fowl language. (None would be nice, but I think that's impossible.)
3. No Super-powerful characters, including anyone like Q from the Q Continuum.
4. Please use ooc/bcc, or double-parenthesis, or another color to indicate out-of-character responses.
5. And, of course, please follow forum rules, no spamming, flaming, etc.

Image (by Ender)

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Approved.

Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next