It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 Some quetions about playing Sapphire! 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hello everybody, I'm new in this forum, and I have some problems about playing my Sapphire.
I have {sceptile} , {hariyama} , {swellow} , {flygon} , {shedinja} , {armaldo} , {salamence} , etc.

Rules:
1. Please state which question you're answering
2. When I'm satisfied with your answer(s), I'll put a Solved after the question that means anyone who sees that no longer needs to answer the question.

Questions:
1. Catching {regice} {registeel} {rayquaza} ! Although {shedinja} has Wonder Guard but Ancientpower & Fly STILL HITS! What should I do?
2. Should I use my Masterball to get {latias} or {rayquaza} ?? Solved -- {latias} (Thanks to Patchy & Pokemaniac)
3. How would {medicham} learn Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch? Psydex says it's Lv.1, but how could you find a Lv.1 {medicham} ...... Solved --Breed/Relearner (Thanks to Patchy, Beav232, and Pokemaniac)
4. What is the best team/move sets to beat the Elite 4 & Steven?
5. What is all that DVs, EVs, & IVs?? They have a lot to do with Hidden Power & how will I know about them since they're all hidden numbers? I looked through lolstop & Psypokes but still couldn't find an answer that satisfies me......

If there is any other questions I'll add them here.

Thanks to every expert for answering my questions!

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

1. Latias. Fly is supposed to hit Shedinja, and I'm pretty sure AncientPower is too.
2. I think that means that it's a move you need to get the move tutor to give back to it.
3. I'm not very good on this area, but you could check here and see if it has any movesets you can use in Hoenn. Try asking a rater if you need more help! :)

Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

teams n move sets? i'll give u 1
Sceptile@miricale seed nature: hasty/naive
EV: 200ATK 150SPD 160SPATK
Leaf blade
Earthquake
Brick break
Dragon claw

Hariyama@lefovers nature: Adamant
EV:252ATK 68HP 100DEF 100SPDEF
Substitude( if u have FLRG 2 trade n let it learn or else just paralyse it wif body slam or use double team)
Focus punch
Rock slide
Body slam

Torkoal@charcoal nature: sassy
EV:200HP 200SPDEF 110DEF
Fire spin
Iron defence/smokescreen
Body slam
Flamethrower

Alakazam@twisted spoon nature:Modest
EV:252SPD 252SPATK 6HP
Psychic
Fire punch
Thunder punch
Ice punch

Salamence@dragon fang nature: hasty/mild/naive/rash
EV:155ATK 155SPATK 200SPD
Dragon claw
EQ
Aerial Ace
Crunch/Hyper beam/ Double edge

Kingdra@shell bell nature: quirky/docile/bashful/hardy
EV: 170DEF 170SPDEF 170HP
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragonbreath
Smokescreen/ double team/ or other defensive move

that's all if u got FLRG 2 trade wif more pkm n movesets u can shoose from n take out swellow flygon n shedninja u can replaced kingdra wif walrein that has the same EV n nature that decreases spd n has surf ice beam/aurora beam rest n body slam the most important thing is u train EV

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:06 am
Just your average 10 year old

ShinyLucario wrote:
2. How would {medicham} learn Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch? Psydex says it's Lv.1, but how could you find a Lv.1 {medicham} ......

Or you could breed them onto it.

But Patchy is right, the move relearner is easier.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not a rater Max_LKC.

Anyways, ShinyLucario I can help you.

1: Use the Master Ball for Latias. It flees upon seeing it so to save time using the Master Ball on it would be a good choice. Rayquaza moves are Outrage, Fly, Rest, and Extreme Speed. Get a Pokemon that can put Rayquaza to sleep and make sure it's HP is in the Red area. After that just keep using Ultra Balls. For the Sleeping part I would suggest using Gardevoir or Breloom.

2: In order to have Medicham have Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch you will have to use a Hear Scale which can be found Underwater, and in Ever Grand City just before the Victory Road. In the water are after the Water Fall you can find Luvdisc in that area. They hold Heart Scales. Have a Pokemon use Covet or Theif and steal their items, which will only work if your Pokemon isn't holding an item. Or you could just catch them all.

3: Steven's Pokemon team is Skarmory, Armaldo, Cradily, Claydol, Aggron, and Metagross. Because you are playing Sapphire I would just train up Kyogre up to at least Level 52 with Surf, Thunder, and two filler moves. Kyogre alone should be able to take down his team with ease Four of his Pokemon can be KO by Surf and Thunder. (Claydol, Skarmory, Aggron, Armaldo)

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks to everybody for answering my questions.
A few days ago I watched some videos at Youtube featuring someone playing Sapphire beating the Elite 4 & Champion.
His/Her team in the video includes {aggron} , {absol} with Shadow Ball+Aerial Ace, {blaziken} , {salamence} with Dragon Claw, {kyogre} , & {gardevoir}
Maybe I could use this team as a reference for my team(Sadly I can't copy the {blaziken} part)

Now I'm currently training my {shelgon} so it will evolves into {salamence}

Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:53 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pokemaniac wrote:
Not a rater Max_LKC.

Anyways, ShinyLucario I can help you.

1: Use the Master Ball for Latias. It flees upon seeing it so to save time using the Master Ball on it would be a good choice. Rayquaza moves are Outrage, Fly, Rest, and Extreme Speed. Get a Pokemon that can put Rayquaza to sleep and make sure it's HP is in the Red area. After that just keep using Ultra Balls. For the Sleeping part I would suggest using Gardevoir or Breloom.

2: In order to have Medicham have Fire/Ice/Thunder Punch you will have to use a Hear Scale which can be found Underwater, and in Ever Grand City just before the Victory Road. In the water are after the Water Fall you can find Luvdisc in that area. They hold Heart Scales. Have a Pokemon use Covet or Theif and steal their items, which will only work if your Pokemon isn't holding an item. Or you could just catch them all.

3: Steven's Pokemon team is Skarmory, Armaldo, Cradily, Claydol, Aggron, and Metagross. Because you are playing Sapphire I would just train up Kyogre up to at least Level 52 with Surf, Thunder, and two filler moves. Kyogre alone should be able to take down his team with ease Four of his Pokemon can be KO by Surf and Thunder. (Claydol, Skarmory, Aggron, Armaldo)

what's ur prob i trying 2 help ppl only also cannot ahh n i'm not even rating i'm just giving a team that i thought that might be usefull.....

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:53 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Wonder Guard prevents non-super effective moves from hitting Shedinja. Shedinja is part Bug, and Rock and Flying are super effective against the Bug type. This is why Ancientpower and Fly can hit Shedinja.

DVs mean the same thing as IVs.
Have you already seen the site's DV and EV guides? The site's EV guide is here: http://psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php
...while the DV guide is here: http://psypokes.com/lab/dvguide.php

Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:17 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Just Northeast of the Almia region, at the top of the highest mounain.
ShinyLucario said:
Quote:
Catching {regirock} {registeel} {regice} {rayquaza} !

Well, to catch the Regis and Raquaza, the only thing you can do is use some really badass pokemon that can whittle its HP.........that's what I did.

PM me for more help!

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:00 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
what's ur prob i trying 2 help ppl only also cannot ahh n i'm not even rating i'm just giving a team that i thought that might be usefull.....

No what you did was do what a Rater's job was. Not only that you also asked if he had any other games to trade with, not to mention EV Spreads and movesets. That is what a rater's job is. To give out these suggestions.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Pokemaniac wrote:
Quote:

No what you did was do what a Rater's job was. Not only that you also asked if he had any other games to trade with, not to mention EV Spreads and movesets. That is what a rater's job is. To give out these suggestions.

SO????? it's not lyk i 1 2 act as a rater giving advise n suggestion can be done by lots of ppl don tell me that ifu advise ur frez 2 be disiplined or suggest ur frez 2 buy something OR tell him what's the answer 4 some question automaticly makes u his teacher supervisor rater or something else....n as far as i noe we post our own movesets in the rating centre n raters rate our pkm and suggest better things he didn't even post a team so?? y r u so sonvinced that i was rating n acting like i'm a rater cuz i'm action?? tell me n if u hav no excuse u seriously owe me an appology

Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Very bad news to everyone......
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I battled {regirock} and:
1. I forgot to save before starting the battle
2. I had a really hard time False Swiping it
3. I wasted a lot of time & balls & potions
4. It began to Struggle
5. One more Struggle...then it will poof

But no.

6. Instead of letting it faint, I ran and {regirock} is gone from my Sapphire!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:55 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Well if it had fainted then it'd be gone forever too.

How long ago was your save file? You should have just loaded the previous save file. Having to go through the trouble of doing (whatever you've done since that save) again should be nothing big compared to... well losing the Regi from the game altogether. Because that means you have to trade it over from elsewhere, or restart the entire game instead of restarting from your previous save.

Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Now, a REALLY bad news:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The saved file has been DELETED...

A few days after that horrible message, I restarted the game......and chose a Torchic!
Now I am training to defeat the 6th Gym with my current team:
{blaziken} {breloom} {manectric} {golbat} {mightyena} {gyarados} ...and much more.
I have been thinking about using {blaziken} to get rid of Winona's {swellow} & {skarmory}
{manectric} should be good against {pelipper}
But about {altaria} ......maybe {manectric} will be lucky enough to take it down...or been KOed by a single Earthquake. So I'm thinking about {blaziken} ...who is also venerable to Earthquake also......
What should I do? A {gyarados} ? It's pretty weak too......

Last edited by ShinyLucario on Fri May 15, 2009 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bug is weak against rock, and is also weak against flying type.

Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:11 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Gyarados {gyarados} Is a good choice if you want something to takeout Altaria {altaria} because it is immune to earthquake
My suggestion is to obtain a TM 13 Icebeam and teach it Gyarados, It should be at the Mauville City Game Corner as a prize and I think there is one lying around on the abandoned ship between Slateport and Dewford.
If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

@ ShinyLucario, are your questions still valid? Knowing that you have another save file, and a completely different game...

I would suggest reposting the questions so that they're more up-to-date. As for your questions on the 7th Gym, I thought Winona was the 6th...

BTW, the best way to say it, play to type strengths. Make sure you have the one-up. Know the type that the Leader specializes in, then counter it with better Pokemon of the dominant type. With type hybrids, some thinking is involved, but Winona is not too hard if you have the other-than-Flying types figured out. BTW, 7th is in Mossdeep (Tate and Liza), where both are Rock/Psychic. Just to help you plan ahead.

Hope this helps!

AEPMT :D :) :P :wink: :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Tue May 12, 2009 3:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]