It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:24 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Silver Rhyhorn? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I was reading an article on a website that said something about a silver rhyhorn in victory road. A while back in 2001 I remember seeing some kind of rhyhorn that was different than the regular one... I failed to catch it, and ever since then I've been trying to find another one. I stopped playing G/S/C around 2002.
About 2 months ago I dusted off my copy of Gold and started a new game, remembering the silver rhyhorn myth, I beat the game as quickly as possible. When I arrived at victory road, I started looking for one like mad. I couldn't find one.

So I wanted to ask you all, is this myth true? If so, have you caught one?

Thanks.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:56 am
THE POWER IS ON!

That site was ThePokeMasters. Kevin happened to find a shiny Rhyhorn on Victory Road. It's not like the Gyarados and won't be there in every game.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:11 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I googled it and there has been a couple of stories, I don't think it's one of those random shinies, maybe it's like 1 in 10 games or something. =\

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:37 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Rhyhorn doesn't appear in many places, so perhaps the fact that quite a number of people found their Shiny Rhyhorn at Victory Road might be a nice coincidence instead of there being better chances of finding one at Victory Road. There's no proof to suggest otherwise at the moment.

Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Looking at the information, it seems that somebody ran across a shiny Rhyhorn in Victory Road. Doesn't surprise me, because that's the only place to get it in GSC if I remember right, but the odds of finding a shiny are incredibly high. Too bad you didn't catch the first one! Especially because you might have to play a lot longer to find another Rhyhorn like that...

AEPMT :D :) :P 8-) :mrgreen:

If you want to get better at writing in general, please visit my site!

Writers' Challenge

Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I remember that one and i did indeed catch it, but it isn't just exclusive to victory road. My friend traded for the rhydon, and his was silver, so it's not just victory road

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:43 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

We'll just classify this as an ordinary chance encounter with a Shiny Pokemon then. Or at least as ordinary as a Shiny encounter can be =p

If anyone has any proof otherwise, which I doubt at the moment, approach a moderator.

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:42 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]