It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Runescape 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I hate myself for being associated with Runescape, but I'm addicted. Yeah, the general community of the game is under the age of thirteen, but I, against all odds, find it pretty fun. Does anyone else here play it?

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:13 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I used to play Runescape, but, I got bored of it. I bought WoW shortly after, have stuck with it ever since. I sold my account for about £20. I used to play with my friends, but most of them got bored with the game too.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't play mmorpgs anymore. They suck up all of your time and suddenly you risk being an unpleasant pc gaming only person who's sole purpose in life is to troll just about everybody you come into contact with.

But in all seriousness I don't game as much as I used to and can't justify paying a monthly fee for a game I might pick up three times per month.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:53 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, I've probably spent somewhere around fifty dollars on Runescape, but considering that I've gained around a year's worth of gaming entertainment as compared to doing something productive, like reading. I say "Money well spent!"

Though I gotta admit that as soon as someone brings Runescape's horrid graphics into the discussion, I won't even argue. :3

Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Reading actually isn't all that productive anyways, at least with runescape its semi-social.

Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Considering that Runescape is based of a browser, its graphics are quite supurb. And yes, I used to play it. I quit when i lost full rune in the wildy. Stupid overpowered mages >_>. Other than that i occasionally play Maplestory, and Fallout 3 on my 360. I'm also really anxiously awaiting Star Wars: The Old Republic. I've stuck with the KoTOR series since the start, and with Bioware working on an MMO version of it, it's a must have for me! D:

Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:50 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah, Runescape. Brings back memories. I quit in 5th grade, but it is an okay game. Definitely better than Kingdom of Loathing. Ptth! I don't play mmorpgs anymore. Mainly.... no, better not say it. Can't discuss ro-

BOOM

Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:25 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i played for about a year, then quit, unfortuanitly played again about 6 months after, played for a year, and i finally quit..i havent played since january..i dont think ill be going back..i spent a lot of money...lol

Fri May 01, 2009 11:01 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yes, I am a proud player of Runescape...I don't think that the community is for children under 13, considering that most of the members of my Runescape Clan are...mature, but I suppose mature isn't an age, huh? I <3 the game though. I've played it ever since I was in 6th grade, and here I am, 4 years later, enjoying the heck out of it! I play on a level 3 skiller named "Skillercrush". 88 Cooking for the win. If any of you want to add me, feel free to!

Sat May 02, 2009 10:32 am
ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

I am an on/off player myself. I only re-join members when they release something worth doing. I get bored of skilling really fast, and a lot of the mini games loss their charm for me after a while.

I am actually interested in the questing aspect of RuneScape. I love how diverse the quest are, instead of being limited to the generic "Go kill this monster for this item and bring it to me pls thnx" type quest. Of course, they have a few of those as well, but still.

Sadly, a lot of the recent quest have been let downs, so as of now, it will be a while before I re-join the rank of membership. They weren't all bad. One of the more recent ones (While Guthix Sleeps, for those who do play) was actually awesome, both story and difficulty wise.

I understand that there are people who hate RuneScape for good reasons, but I HATE it when people say "LOL RS SUX LUK AT DA GRAFFICS" but play generic grinders with no point. Now, don't get me wrong, I play those too xD

"DERP I'M A DUMBASS :B"

Last edited by Face on Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 21, 2009 9:27 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ummm..I don't see why so many people like that game. I guess online games like that don't appeal to me.

Sun May 24, 2009 8:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I used to play. I started when one day I was telling my friend that I found a game called Runescape, and that it wasn't too bad of a game. I told him he should try it out with me, at which point he said, "I used to play that game!" We went on Runescape later that day, and he showed me his account. It was around level 50, and at the time, my character was only about level 10; so I thought his guy was really good. We continued to play when eventually I caught up to him in stats. We both quit when our characters were about level 80. A few months after that, we played again and got serious about it. My friend was a very impatient guy, and he wasn't very successful with getting 99s; however, I got 2 99s (Cooking and Fishing). I got a combat level of 101 (I think). We quit for good about a year ago, and we never returned again. My account was named A89800 (yeah, I know, it's a crappy name), look him up if you want. And if you doubt I have two 99s, I'll be happy to show you.

I look back at Runescape as a huge waste of time, and I am very ashamed of playing it for so long. But what is done is done, I guess.

Sun May 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]