It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Metal! (Heavy, Speed, Thrash, Death, etc) 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Heard of a band called FellSilent?

New band that are really good. :D

Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:18 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

All that remains, The haunted, Opeth all good bands! its amazing the different tastes and opinions here huh?

Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, thats one of the things I like about this forum. The other one I am frequently on is pretty much metal and they hate just about every other genre. Now I like metal, especially 80's thrash and hair metal, but I always consider myself more of a 90's punk/grunge person when it comes to my favorite material, so its nice to have some place where I can virtually hang with a more diverse crowd for a change.

Now if only more people would frequent the music section so we could get a full fledged discussion brewing.

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah I wish that was the case but its not, so whatever, although glad to see some diversity

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm surprised I haven't seen any Prog Metal bands here. Dream Theater, Tool, and Rush are my favourites.

I also like some Children Of Bodom, Megadeth, Black Sabboth, Alice In Chains, Metallica, and Soundgarden.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:50 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I like Dream Theater, Stratovarius is good, Epica isn't bad, Lucuna coil isn't either

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Apocalyptica>Epica

I mean, think about it, four classically trained METAL cellists who used to do metallica covers?

It's teh win.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Superunknown wrote:
I'm surprised I haven't seen any Prog Metal bands here. Dream Theater, Tool, and Rush are my favourites.

I also like some Children Of Bodom, Megadeth, Black Sabboth, Alice In Chains, Metallica, and Soundgarden.

Wouldn't really consider Soundgarden or Alice in Chains Metal, though to be honest those are two of my favorite bands. I'll admit I didn't catch it right away, but I'm really liking your username after it occured to me what it meant.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

flaming_fox wrote:
Superunknown wrote:

Wouldn't really consider Soundgarden or Alice in Chains Metal, though to be honest those are two of my favorite bands. I'll admit I didn't catch it right away, but I'm really liking your username after it occured to me what it meant.

They aren't metal, but in their time they had a metallic edge of alternative, grunge. And Superunknown (Soundgarden Album!), Its spelled Black Sabbath.

Sat May 09, 2009 2:51 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well grunge is a very edgy term on its own, seeing as most bands classified as grunge sound very different from each other.

And of the four main (well known) grunge bands Alice in Chains and Soundgarden would be the most metal-ish.

Sat May 09, 2009 8:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

flaming_fox wrote:
Well grunge is a very edgy term on its own, seeing as most bands classified as grunge sound very different from each other.

And of the four main (well known) grunge bands Alice in Chains and Soundgarden would be the most metal-ish.

Definitely, compared to Nirvana and Pearl Jam (who have a softer sound), although some Alice in Chains songs are more relaxed than others.

Oh, and there was no nude artwork on City of evil, Absol. A7X is better than some of that power metal crap (ie, Dragonforce).

Sun May 10, 2009 7:26 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hm, im not as big on metal as i am on stuff like deathcore or any of that.
i LOVE bring me the horizon. they're my favorite band ever.
and ive grown fond of suicide silence as well.
but the rest of more hardcoreish stuff i like wouldnt fall under the metal genre exactly, hahah.

Sun May 17, 2009 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like Between the Buried and Me, Iron Maiden, Metallica (before the Black Album), Morbid Angel, Death, Static-X, Slayer, System of a Down, The Black Dahlia Murder, Slipknot (but nothing after Iowa, cuz they got crappy afterwards), Tool (if you will), and As I Lay Dying. I have yet to listen to Zyklon, a blackened death metal band from Norway (very underground indeed!). Besides that, I am open to any suggestions you guys have.

EDIT: I don't listen to DevilDriver anymore. Two days after this post, I got bored of them, so I edited this post and erased them from this list here

Last edited by The_Shedinja_Ninja on Thu May 28, 2009 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 19, 2009 5:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The_Shedinja_Ninja wrote:
I like Between the Buried and Me, DevilDriver, Iron Maiden, Metallica (before the Black Album), Morbid Angel, Death, Static-X, Slayer, SOAD, The Black Dahlia Murder, Slipknot (but nothing after Iowa, cuz they got crappy
afterwards), Tool (if you will), and As I Lay Dying. I have yet to listen to Zyklon, a blackened death metal band from Norway
(very underground indeed!). Besides that, I am open to any suggestions you guys have.

You mean you didn't like the Black Album (Gimme your Pillow tightly!)? Early Metallica was great, but Reload defined 90's Metal.

Sun May 24, 2009 10:41 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

RageAgainstMachine wrote:
You mean you didn't like the Black Album (Gimme your Pillow tightly!)? Early Metallica was great, but Reload defined 90's Metal.

Dude, those two albums, as well as Load, St. Anger, and Death Magnetic are all Failures in the metal community.
Early Metallica is awesome, but so was early Anthrax and Megadeth. Slayer, Death, Morbid Angel, and Kreator are all awesome. I'm actually listening to "the Sound of Perseverance" by Death right now (their last album).
No, seriously, if you have any other extreme metal acts (death metal, black metal, thrash metal) that you think are awesome, please post.
Let's keep it clean, folks.

Thu May 28, 2009 11:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Sup everyobody!

Well I've only been listening to metal for a few years. I'd have to say Death, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, and In Flames are my favorites. When I first heard Children of Bodom I was like, "Sweet mother of mercy!" But now I just don't feel it anymore. I still like them alot but just not quite so prophetically.

I haven't heard any other Grindcore bands I liked, but this band called Iwrestledabearonce hasn't even put out an album yet they're so new and they are pretty intense if you guys are willing to check them out: Iwrestledabearonce

Thu May 28, 2009 2:12 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Zotis wrote:
Sup everyobody!

Well I've only been listening to metal for a few years. I'd have to say Death, Dimmu Borgir, Opeth, and In Flames are my favorites. When I first heard Children of Bodom I was like, "Sweet mother of mercy!" But now I just don't feel it anymore. I still like them alot but just not quite so prophetically.
I like only Death and Opeth outta those you mentioned.
Anyway, my interest in metal started with Metallica. I listened to other stuff before reaching extreme metal.

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:41 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

hmmm lets se which medal band i like :)

:arrow: SOAD especially everyone in my school loves them :mrgreen:

:arrow: Metallica my personal fav :)

:arrow: im not sure but i think guns n roses? are metal? im not sure :p but anyways mostly the old music :wink: :)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:45 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

for myself I like more something with melodic part or speed, my favs metal group are trivium, all that remain, as I lay dying, bullet for my valentine, and newly killswitch engage.

If some one know a group that sound a little like them let me know it:)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:15 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
I'm not usually a huge fan of metal, it's a little too scream-y for me. I do love me some Metallica though, and I can tolerate most everything else (at some point thought, I just have to take a break). As long as it has a good guitar part, I can appreciate it.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:39 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

nolegendude wrote:
for myself I like more something with melodic part or speed, my favs metal group are trivium, all that remain, as I lay dying, bullet for my valentine, and newly killswitch engage.

If some one know a group that sound a little like them let me know it:)

Between the Buried and Me beats the heck outta all those bands you just mentioned. They sorta pushed me away from metalcore in favor of heavier acts (i.e., Death Possessed, Morbid Angel).
I really suggest you look into more grindcore, like Napalm Death and Abnormality (their demo is reallyhard to find, but you should check them out on Rock Band 2).

Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Some of my favourite bands include:

Avenged Sevenfold
Bloc Party
DragonForce
Zebrahead
Metallica
Rise Against
Van Halen
Bullet For My Valentine
System Of A Down
Scars On Broadway
Billy Talent
Steel Panther
Greenday
AFI
Chickenfoot
Onslaught
The Used
Three Days Grace
I Set My Friends On Fire
Guns n' Roses
Matchbook Romance
Motorhead
Muse

Then of course, Solo artists:

Michael Jackson
Ozzy Osbourne
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Paul Gilbert
John Petrucci

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I like Metallica(who doesn't now days? except for my mom;), Disturbed, Dragonforce(if that's even metal...) and that's all I can think of right now.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'd hardly call the aforementioned bands metal, but I'm assuming the point of this forum isn't to bash other people's taste in music. So I'll instead put up my 5 favorite albums and see who recognizes something.

1. Sad Wings of Destiny (1976) by Judas Priest
Judas Priest is one of my favorite bands to emerge from an era teeming with influental music. This album is JP at their best, and I don't think any self-respecting metal head can say he hasn't made a sad attempt at shrieking along with Rob Halford's piercing vocals.

2. Traveller (2003) by The Lord Weird Slough Feg
This album is amazing in every aspect no matter how many times you listen to it. It's a prime example proving that not every Power Metal band sounds as bad as Dragonforce.

3. Melissa (1983) by Mercyful Fate
This band is incredible, and anybody who says otherwise hasn't listened to them. They're gods and influenced countless Black, Thrash, Power, and Progressive bands. Sadly due to their extremely graphic lyrics and stageshows they didn't make it as big as all the other mediocre thrash to emerge from the 80's.

4. ...In Death of Steve Sylvester (1988) by Death SS
These guys are bizarre. From their lyrics about satan to their ridiculous stage costumes, everything screams "Hey we do lots of drugs". It's an amazing piece of music though, and I never tire of listening to it.

5. Unchain the Wolves (1997) by Deströyer 666
I'm not too much into Death/Black metal, but Destroyer is one of the few bands to stand out of a vast sea of nearly identical sounding bands.

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My favorite, despite the fact that alot of people hate them, is Slipknot. I can listen to almost anything by them and like it, not something I can do with other bands. I also love SOAD, Disturbed, 'Tallica, and almost anything else good.

you rage for no reason because you have no reason

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next