It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Need help picking a tank 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am about to start over on my Pokemon Emerald, just sent most good pokemon to Pal Park, and I realized that in every single pokemon game that I have played my team has been entirely sweepers. This time I want to try to get at least one, max two, tanks on my team just so I can see how they play and I have no idea where to start. The only one that comes to mind is gravler, I only have FireRed so I can't trade until past Elite Four, but I have a feeling that there are better choices. Also, the earlier in the game whichever pokemon is suggested, the better but it will not be a deciding factor. I will build my team based on which tanks I choose so that I don't accidentally eliminate a really good tank because I choose a certain starter, I like all three. Thanks for your time/input.

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:14 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

How about {slaking}? It's one of my personal favorites. Plus, you can get Slakoth early on too. On the turn of its Truant ability, heal another team member so the turn isn't wasted

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would suggest you get either a {swalot} or a {hariyama}? Both have decent moves and Hariyama goes up to 100+ hp at about lvl 24 (where Makuhita acctually evolves). And Swalot has some good stat pounders like Yawn as soon as you catch Gulpin; with the added poison bonus and some heavy hitters like Body Slam.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ty to both of you guys, I finally decided on Slaking and Swalot.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:45 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

You're very welcome! :mrgreen:

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Good luck and have fun with your new Pokemon choices (:

Approach a moderator to re-open this thread if you need further opinions, but I'll lock this for now since you have already made a decision.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:25 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]