Will you buy the Nintendo DSi?
Yes 37%  37%  [ 15 ]
Possibly 34%  34%  [ 14 ]
No 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 41

Nintendo DSi 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

So the Nintendo DSi comes out on April 5th in stores, from what I heard and checked, the starting price for it is 169.99 I am not sure about every single store, but this is what I found for some stores.

Who's gonna buy it?

I know I am.

Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'd prefer to buy just a regular DS Lite. A DSi is definitely not worth the money from a gamer's stand point. As a collector, I'd purchase it right away if I had the money.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I probably won't buy it because it loses the GBA slot, and that kinda kills the Pal Park in D/P/P, and none of those other features it has really can make up for that.

If my DS lite breaks or stops working I might buy it.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:59 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm most likely going to get a DSi since my old, original DS is (for the most part) broken. I was just going to get a Lite, but since this is coming out soon, I might as well spring a little more to get the DSi. It'll satisfy the old fanboy within me.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, I already got all my good pokemon, ones i might want, ect. onto my diamond already, so I'll just trade mine over to Platinum. =P as long as you have 2 DS you can still do pal park, and just trade it over.

Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:00 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

My top screen nearly fell off when one of the "hinges" broke, but my DS is surprisingly robust and it still works fine. I don't think I need nor want to buy the DSi.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I am definitely getting the DSi. Although all the features only seem like fun when you first get it and will lose their flare right away. Whatever...

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

pokemon ranger wrote:
Although all the features only seem like fun when you first get it and will lose their flare right away.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey I could always need a spare camera if mine normal breaks, or my laptop is being gay and won't go on the internet =D

Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I might get a DSi but not right off the bat, I'd have to actually play with one before I make up my mind. But for the most part it sounds really cool. I like the thought of my DS being a camera seeing as my camera is really clunky and I always have my DS with me. It really depends on how well it works and if you can use wi-fi to send photos and stuff.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Eevee wrote:
It really depends on how well it works and if you can use wi-fi to send photos and stuff.

My recent Nintendo Power has a page in its News section with some more info on the upcoming DSi, and it mentioned this while talking about the camera feature:

Nintendo Power Vol. 240, page 12 wrote:
Of course, you'll be able to save the photos to the SD card and transfer them to other devices and share them with friends.

That's probably the most related info I could find in that article. However, since the Wii's Photo Channel allowed you to post photos to your message board and send them to friends, I am going to guess that you will be able to send photos with the DSi.

Also, having cameras on a portable makes me remember the Gameboy Camera. I loved that little digital camera; it had so many features! I still have it to this day with numerous photos of memorable things from my past (such as my late dog, Royal...). This article showed just a slew of the many things you can do with the DSi's camera right off the bat, so I'm very excited for it. :)

Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:17 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I seriously cannot find any practical or logical reason for the DS to have a camera.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:14 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

I seriously cannot find any practical or logical reason for me not to agree with Datvu (:

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:41 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

< rant > Oh wow a camera!!! a .3 Megapixel camera!!!! Lets put it into the DS add an i and then make like a total of 3 games revolving around the camera (that suck majorly probably), 18 1/2 games with the camera being a small part and then laugh when the world realizes how much it misses the GBA!!! < /rant >

Ok...i know most ppl will still be able to play GBA games with or without the DSi but personally it is SOOOO not worth being like $30 more than a Lite!!! (I guess if i had Wi-Fi my liking for it may go up 15.67% but still!!!!) To me its crazy that nintendo would release this!!! I am not going to say I am disappointed but i wish it would be better....(also i had my hopes up when i first heard of the DSI...i was imagining Nintendo spending some money for the ppl who have been with them for longer than 4 years and reconfiguring the GBA slot to also play GameBoy games.....T-T!!!!)

Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:50 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm much more excited for the wii ware like capabilities. I can play the few gba games I still care to by other means so if they need to get rid of it to bring down price a bit as well as make room for the sd slot then I'm cool with that.

I do agree that the camera is a bit much and it probably jocks the price up a bit. Unless they added it so that they can have the lite cheaper as to keep a cheaper model on the market. Besides it does seem kinda cool.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:00 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

linkfan57x wrote:
and then laugh when the world realizes how much it misses the GBA!!! < /rant >

"linkfan57x wrote:
i was imagining Nintendo spending some money for the ppl who have been with them for longer than 4 years and reconfiguring the GBA slot to also play GameBoy games.....T-T!!!!)

You people do realize there are at least SIX legal methods of playing Gameboy Advance games already?
-Game Boy Advance
-Game Boy Advance SP
-Game Boy Micro
-Game Boy Player
-Nintendo DS
-Nintendo DS Lite

*italicized text = incapable of playing old Gameboy/Gameboy Color Games

Seriously, do we need anymore? No, we don't.

inb4 "Bawwww but I want just one portable to play EVERY SINGLE **** GAME I own because I'm incapable of keeping old handhelds for the purpose of playing old games.". Also, older handhelds are cheap as mud nowadays, so don't give me the "I can't afford an old handheld to play old games either ;_;". Get a job and buy one if you want to play old GB games so much. If you're still a little leech of society, try mowing lawn or doing some chores for spare change.

Hell, try and find a Game Boy Player if you can. You can play almost any Gameboy game in existence on it.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:10 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It is not that I am cheap (I do mow lawns for gaming cash) its just that I hate packing so many systems for trips and stuff. Sure its not THAT bad but still...I can wish can't I?

If the DSI were to be the same price as the Lite then I wold like it alot more...but jeez...ok...I'll stop now...i can tell that there are already 3 1/2 people on this site that want me gone....(and one's a mod)

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The DSi looks like something for someone who doesn't already have a DS lite. I have the special Dialga/Palkia edition which I got late last year. Though I might get it later it's unlikely. The features aren't that worth it to me right now. So I picked "possibly", but I'm leaning no. Plus, they're so many more special editions of the DS lite now.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

R_R feels very strongly 'bout this so his may have come off as if he is pissed or something, but what you have to look at is that this is much more of DS 1.5 than just a new version of the DS. Its got the camera which will have at least minimal game support from nintendo, but more importantly its got two touch screens. Does anybody here honestly expect that nobody is going to develop a game that utilizes both of those screens.

Nintendo was nice to include gba support even for the last two DS models. Did anybody expect that the Wii would play n64 game cartridges? No, because even though there are a few gems still worth playing through again on n64 they are for the most part outdated.

And for trips, if you need that many games that DS games alone won't suffice then I don't know what to tell you. What all do you need, most games take about 10-20 hours to complete, take 2-3 DS games and maybe a party for if you just feel like messing around and you should be set unless you plan on going on 30 hour car rides. Unless you spend the whole time playing games in which case why even bother going on a trip in the first place.

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have a regular DS. You know, the grayish-silver kind with rounded edges? I don't see any problem with it! I mean, they're advertising a DS lite as a regular DS now. The only feautures that the Lite has over the original (taht I know of) is being able to hold a charge longer. Correct me if I'm wrong. And the DSi has a camera and DS shop. If you want a portable camera, then use your cell phone. If you want to buy new games outside of the cartriges, then use wii shop. Now,n anyone can do what they like, but this is my opinion.

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:14 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The only thing that's wrong with my DS lite is that my 'R' button suddenly stopped working, but I wouldnt buy a DSi just because. The features just turn it into my iPhone.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I voted Possibly since Im not sure if it is worth the $$.
I'll decide later or buy it used for like half the price.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm grabbing one in a few hours. I figure it's worth it as my current DS is about 4 1/2 years old and quite worn out. DLC and internet access are what I'm looking forward to most. Camera and MP3 AAC playback are cool, but I already have devices that do that.

Last edited by MasonTheChef on Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:56 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

MasterChef wrote:
DLC and internet access are what I'm looking forward to most

A thumbs up to you, bro. I'm getting mine in about nine hours myself! I'm so excited! I'm going to get the black one. :0

EDIT: I got it, and I'm loving it! This edit was made using my DSi's web browser. ;o

Last edited by Registeel_Rocks on Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

I got the DSi mofo!!!

Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Lol, I'm liking it so far. The internet is giving me a few problems with memory, but hopefully a SD card will help with that.

I got the black one too. 8-)

Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next