It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Haaaaloooo Waaaars 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

So I got my copy of Halo Wars, did anyone else? I was really looking forward to it, and I'm not disappointed in it at all. I have played through the campaign and gotten quite a few of the achievements, but I've yet to try it online.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I got Halo Wars. Mainly so I could get the limited edition and get the Halo 3 maps. I enjoyed the campaign but it could have been longer. But like Halo 3, even though that is from Bungie, the multiplayer is great and addicting and it will keep you playing long after the story bores you.

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:02 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I played it at my friend's house, and I think this is the WORST HALO GAME YET.

I admit, it was fun watching my people beat them, but you don't have much of a role. You yourself don't get to do as much.

Just one of those lame encouraging quotes made by me :)

Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I didn't get it, but i LOVE the demo :D
Fully upgraded Honor Guards are pretty sick in battle :)

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Cultred wrote:
I admit, it was fun watching my people beat them, but you don't have much of a role. You yourself don't get to do as much.

I don't think you understand the point of Real Time Strategy games.

Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:51 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
Cultred wrote:

I don't think you understand the point of Real Time Strategy games.

I don't think you understand the point that Halo's roots are in the FPS genre, and it should've stayed that way.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sentinel wrote:
I don't think you understand the point that Halo's roots are in the FPS genre, and it should've stayed that way.

I don't think you understand that I don't care about Halo. I do care when people play a game and say they don't like it because they're taking on the game in the wrong way. In an RTS game, your role is to take control of armies as a whole and issue commands for them to follow. You aren't the man on battlefield; you're the man viewing it and trying to lead your units to victory.

A person should be playing Halo Wars because they like RTS games; not because they like Halo. Yes, the fact that the game has the Halo name is supposed to entice your interest in the game, but it's not supposed to be the sole reason you play or purchase the game.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:08 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Sentinel wrote:

Except that Halo Wars has been marketed as both a spinoff to the main Halo series and as a real-time strategy game since day one. One can't honestly complain about it not being true to Halo's roots or whatever when they've never acted like it was from the start. Video game companies make spinoff games like this ALL the time. Pokemon has done it over a dozen times. Mario has starred in every sports game imaginable. Final Fantasy had tactics role-playing games and games starring CHOCOBOS. An RTS Halo is nothing very out there.

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:38 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Oh I played halo wars at a friends at first I was expecting something like where its just like first-person shooting like all the others but nope it was just wierd lol but It was an alright game I would say

Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

The game really bored me.
I knew that it wouldn't be as good as the original Halo games.
I guess everyone did, but I am glad I didn't buy it, just borrowed it off my mate and gave it back in less than a day.

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:09 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

gamer guy wrote:
I got Halo Wars. Mainly so I could get the limited edition and get the Halo 3 maps. I enjoyed the campaign but it could have been longer. But like Halo 3, even though that is from Bungie, the multiplayer is great and addicting and it will keep you playing long after the story bores you.

Gamestop ****ed my order up so I missed my Flame Warthog, but the multiplayer is great and very, very addicting when you're doing well. My friend came up with a great Vulture/MAC rush which quickly eliminates enemies in death match.

The campaign was sort of short, but I still liked the game. Normal becomes somewhat of a joke as a difficulty once you really get into the swing of the game. It would be great DLC to release more maps, or maybe a side campaign.

P.S. If anyone with Halo Wars would want to leave their gamertag here, I'd like to find and play you over XBL. I'm not great, but I'm not terrible.

I PUSH THE BUTTON AND WATCH THE SKY BRING DEATH.

Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

its a great game but i cant stop rushers

Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:54 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm a huge fan of anything RTS-related, and this game automatically got a 7/10 from me when I saw that it wasn't a WW2-based one. Sadly, the campagin left me disappointed, as it only had 15 missions which took around 30 minutes to beat each. The gameplay is great, but I really dislike having to establish bases in set locations.

I guarentee that I'd love this game a lot more if I had a chance to play Multiplayer on Xbox live, but I have horrible internet T_T.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Theolithical wrote:
I'm a huge fan of anything RTS-related, and this game automatically got a 7/10 from me when I saw that it wasn't a WW2-based one. Sadly, the campaign left me disappointed, as it only had 15 missions which took around 30 minutes to beat each. The gameplay is great, but I really dislike having to establish bases in set locations.

I guarantee that I'd love this game a lot more if I had a chance to play Multiplayer on Xbox live, but I have horrible internet T_T.

Although i do agree with the whole established base locations (rather than Ensemble's "free-roaming" RTS, Age Of Empires), I love seeing the buildings materialize if your Covenant, and watching the barracks spring up out of the ground when your playing UNSC. I also like the Forerunner harvester places, which store unlimited resources

Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]