It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 First and Second Episode Questions.. 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Undoubtedly my favorite season of the Anime, the 1st season holds a special place in my Pokemon heart. I was recently rewatching the episodes online and came to two questions I couldn't figure out.

1.) The first Episode begins with the screenshots from the game of a Nidorino fighting a Gengar. Gengar uses Hypnosis on the Nidorino, and it's trainer calls it back. The trainer sends out a new Pokemon, an Onix, but inside a Green Pokeball. Can anyone explain why it is Green?
I personally believe it was a coloring error.
I recall people discussing that this trainer could be Bruno, not like it pertains too much.

2.) In the second Episode, Ash is in the PokeCenter, and sees the plaque on the wall of 4 Pokemon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, and Arcanine.

Why was Arcanine the Pokemon to be included with the Legendary Trio? Is the only reason the fact that Arcanine is classified as the "Legendary" Pokemon and/or supposed to take Moltres place as the Fire Pokemon in the Trio?

I'd love to hear some discussion on these two questions, as they really get my attention

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:35 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I think the Green Pokeball is an unnamed ball variant that Nintendo has completely forgotten about.

The one about Arcanine is interesting, but its probably just because it is classified as "Legendary Pokemon".

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, the Arcanine does seem like it was one of those "screwed up in translation" type things

The only reason i think the Pokeball was miscolored was because in an episode following, there was a Pidgey alarm clock, and it was Green as well. But who knows

EDIT: for anyone who doesn't know what the "plaque" is:
http://www.lolstop/anime/pictures/i ... 2ps4.shtml
At the bottom are the screenshots. You can see the legendary trio, and then there's Arcanine.

Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
I remember hearing somewhere that Arcanine may have been intended to be a part of the legendary trio/ the Trio leader itself, and at the last minute, thay changed it into a regular Pokémon and gave it a pre-evolution.
That would explain why it is called the "Legendary" Pokémon, and why it's on the plaque. But it's just speculation.
For the Poké ball, I think it's just accidently miscolored, but keep in mind there are many custom Pokéball colors in the Pokémon world, like the Magikarp salesman's golden Pokéball, so it really wouldn't matter if it's a different color.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah, thats interesting. Kind of what I figured to be a last minute change.

I totally forgot about custom Pokeballs, and I just figured, eh, it was the first episode, there are bound to be a few mistakes in the pilot episode.

Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:52 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Maybe the green pokeball was the friend ball? From 2nd gen.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]