It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 No Kadabra in DP TCG? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I was looking through my card list, and I noticed there is not a Kadabra in the DP expansion, but there is an abra and alakazam. Is this an error, or is there really not a kadabra?

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

There really is not a Kadabra and a Kadabra card won't be made because of this: http://bulbapalace.awardspace.com/mtkadabra.shtml.

Pretty much, a magician named Uri Geller sued Nintendo because he claimed Kadabra was based on him. Sucks for Kadabra, but atleast Abra has Super Evolution, so it can skip his Kadabra stage.

Too bad, because Kadabra was a favorite.

Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:14 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

:lol: LOL, that's funny. I had no idea. Why would he not have sued ten years ago, when pokemon first came out?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:35 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Um... he did. It says right there on the page that he sued them in 2000.

When I first read about this a couple of weeks ago, I was skeptical that Uri Gellar was the reason for the lack of Kadabra cards, mainly because he lost his lawsuit against Nintendo, but it makes sense when you notice that Kadabra has far fewer cards than most other Kanto Pokemon (even other "controversial" Pokemon like Porygon and Jynx) and that the Mysterious Treasures set has an Abra card that can evolve straight into Alakazam.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
Um... he did. It says right there on the page that he sued them in 2000.

When I first read about this a couple of weeks ago, I was skeptical that Uri Gellar was the reason for the lack of Kadabra cards, mainly because he lost his lawsuit against Nintendo, but it makes sense when you notice that Kadabra has far fewer cards than most other Kanto Pokemon (even other "controversial" Pokemon like Porygon and Jynx) and that the Mysterious Treasures set has an Abra card that can evolve straight into Alakazam.

Uh, sorry. Anyways, If a card should be taken out of a series, it should be all cards that have James because of that episode he was in the beauty contest. :lol:

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:34 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

lololol omg ur so funny cactuar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

If animals could talk, they would sue Nintendo for just about every other pokemon made. I'm looking at you Ekans!

Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:13 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

That's weird about Kadabra. My friend gave me some cards, and she ahd Abra (I have the Japanese version too) Kadabra and Alakazam. Is that why *Alakazam is a Basic pokemon not evolution?

Image (by Ender)

Sun May 03, 2009 4:52 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Everybody and their grandma had an abra. No, having one does not make you any more special.

And yes, the reason abra doesn't need to evolve into kadabra before alakazam is because they do not make kadabra cards. That is pretty much what everybody has been saying for the last month or so.

Mon May 04, 2009 9:06 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes I know, (I wasn't trying to point out my Abra) but I have an Alakazam(star), and it's a Basic pokemon card. Is the Kadabra Caper the reason why it's Basic, or are all Star/Shiny cards basic?

Image (by Ender)

Mon May 04, 2009 3:54 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

All shiny/"star" Pokemon in the EX sets are Basic Pokemon.

Mon May 04, 2009 5:56 pm
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
huh... thats a wierd story... well I laughed!

Thu May 07, 2009 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]