It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anime Shippings 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Re:
blu-suicune wrote:
It helps also that the two of them actually interact, both within the games and in the manga, too.
I kind of think that this is where a lot of shippings fall flat because the characters don't actually have any chemistry together and are just shipped for their looks. Originshipping isn't like that- it's both feasible personality wise for both of them AND it's aesthetically pleasing :)

I couldn't agree more. OriginShipping rules for the possible canon-ness of it. I believe the same happens with Morty x Eusine (I don't know what that shipping is called), even though there isn't that much chemistry as there is with Wallace x Steven.

You pointed out an interesting thing. Many people pair up characters for the simple fact they're beautiful and the result is visually enjoyable (even though there are some characters that aren't technically bishies, and yet, make awesome good-looking pairs). I don't want to bash any fans or start a flame war, but, just to use as an example, I believe that's what happens to some popular couples, like Kakashi x Iruka, from Naruto; as someone said before, they're just two handsome guys that were shipped because of their looks, when they barely had any interaction.

I kinda prefer "canon" (well, "possibly more canon", I should say?) couples to entirelly invented ones, personally.

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I hear you. It's nice to see your pairing of choice actually interact within canon. That, and it's kind of hard to see how two people who have never met and have no interaction would work romantically. Some of them WOULD work, because the characters have similar personalities.
Like, even though Steven and Cynthia haven't met within canon, I can see the two of them getting on well. Some nevermet ships aren't too bad, though, and could work.

The name for Morty x Eusine is SacredShipping, by the way!

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:56 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

May and Dawn o ya. lol I have ones with boys with boys stop making those. THey frick me out!

Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:17 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hypocritical, much? You support a ship with two girls, but two guys together weirds you out? *Raises an eyebrow.*

People will like what they like regardless someone elses opinion. Ship and let ship, Brawl King.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Sacredshipping, oh I love it. Morty and Eusine make such a good couple.

Anyone for Steelshipping? It's awsomely sexy and canon and works so well.

Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:39 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh wow, I totally forgot I posted in this thread and I looked like such an idiot, too.

I'm a shipping nerd now. Oh, how a year+ can change you..

Anyway, some of my favorites are:
Originshipping (one of my favorites)
Clingyshipping (same as above)
Palletshipping (not too huge on this one, but blah)
Preciousmetalshipping
Comashipping (lololololo)
...aaaaand I can't think of any others. Dawn x Zoey / Dawn x Cynthia is cute, but..I've never been big on yuri. Just not my thing, you know? Yaoi is better, in my opinion. Notice how they're all malexmale shippings? ;x

sanjay120 wrote:

Raltsshipping

That is easily my 'OTP' (god i sound like such a weeaboo). It needs more love. I cringed when I realized there were NO fics for them at all, except for some crappy discontinued one that Wally wasn't even in. I actually tried writing a fic for it once, but I gave up, mainly because I was upset at how long it took me to write 477 words.

One of my most HATED anime shippings is Ikarishipping. That one drives me insane. I don't know why, but..it just does.

Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Clingyshipping is good.

Raltsshipping is cute but canon!Frantic kind of ruins it. Still, they're like ten or something so I'm sure Ruby will date a million more people in his lifetime.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My fav. pairing ever AshXPikachu

Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm not a -shipper and I'm not interested at them, that's how my brain works.
but I may follow a ship that is 100% officially real

Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Clingyshipping is cute. He keeps running into you in the games ^^

Raltsshipping is cute too <3

Originshipping! I love it!

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:43 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
Post Re:
sanjay120 wrote:
Ash and May can go die. Misty can hook up with Brock, and of course Max with Harley. Because that is just awesome.

AHHH, the disgust .... ITS NOT WASHING OFF! :frustrated:

Seriously though, No.

Valentine wrote:

One of my most HATED anime shippings is Ikarishipping. That one drives me insane. I don't know why, but..it just does.

That one just makes me laugh, people will try and link anything. im surprised (well i haven't seen it yet) there isn't a Ash X Paul ship. but there no doubt is.

My personal favourite is Altoshipping, between Latias and Ash. and yes im one of those who think that it was Latias who kissed ash at the end.

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:44 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

sanjay120 wrote:
Ash and May can go die. Misty can hook up with Brock, and of course Max with Harley. Because that is just awesome.

Harley and almost everyone you can think of is just awesome. As long as they love his snackies.

tpjerematic wrote:
im surprised (well i haven't seen it yet) there isn't a Ash X Paul ship. but there no doubt is.

That would be Comashipping. It's not considered canon by most people, but it has its fair share of supporters. I kind of fell out of that group after a while.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Eh, the only shippings I really support are Pokeshipping and Contestshipping.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i support ash x misty (pokeshipping) {mew}
advancesipping ash x may
perlshipping ash x dawn

Tue May 12, 2009 8:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Pokeshipping, AAML, SatoKasu, Sushi, whatever you want to call it, I support AshxMisty 100%. I just wish I had been old enough to appreciate them traveling together and what the Orange Islands were designed to show, at least according to Bulbapedia. But no, that came in where May was there, and that was my first mistaken shipping, Advancedshipping.

Though even now, I don't like Contestshipping, and I can only stand it a little more than I did when I was an Advanceshipper. From what I recall, Drew was always putting her and her friends and her brother down, and was just overall cocky and arrogant to her. Maybe she would find it attractive, I don't know.

I can also find sense in whatever shipping places Brock and Soledad together. They are the same age, roughly by appearance, from the same home town, and even supposedly knew each other when they were younger. Definatly better than BrockxMisty, and I don't even think May or Dawn are within the same age group, or even if Misty is. Anyone else notice that Brock is no closer to being a world class breeder now than when he received Vulpix? I don't watch the show any more, cutting Misty, even when I didn't appreciate shippings, hurt badly, and the increasing childishness and *Lovey-Dovey-will-you-be-my-friend*-ness killed it completely for me though. I just wish I knew where subs were.

Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

CONTESTSHIPPING ALL THE WAY!

I think it;s cute how he gives her roses and stuff! ^_^

Oh, and this may be just me, but in my opinion, May kinda asks Drew out at the end of the Kanto GF!

Drew: -walking away-
May: Drew! -rushes out- See you at a contest or something!
Drew: -looks at May hard- Yeah, no doubt, May!
May: -laughs happily-

Yeah, like I said, this could just be me! ^_~

May and Drew love each other and you know it! -stamps foot-

OMIGOSH PANCAKES!

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:44 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Here's a fun page. Very, very disturbing some of them are, but a fun page nonetheless.

Personally, my all time favorite shipping is Pokeshipping...as well as Trainershipping...Gakishipping, Sushishipping...Bike, Saka, and Twerpshipping. And maybe Andrewsshipping, depending on the circumstances, and how well it's done (I read fanfiction to fill my pairing needs). I've never found an Andrews, though, so I can't be completely sure.

I can't say I'm really fond of any other shipping especially yuri or yaoi, or shippings that involve Ash or Misty with someone else, or Contestshipping either (May was my original favorite, and the habits of disliking Drew die hard; what can I say, I remember him as being a jerk!)

Rocketshipping makes sense, but I won't go out of my way with it.

As for shippings between pokemon - well, for the most part, I dislike and ignore them, but I do like, at least in theory, Blaziken and Gardevoir, and especially dislike Gallade and Lucario with her. Other than that, I stay away. Far, far away.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:57 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Nice! But Contestshipping still wins!

I can't decide between Pearl and Poke... WHY IS IT SO DARN CONFUSING!? -cries-

May and Drew love each other and you know it! -stamps foot-

OMIGOSH PANCAKES!

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:33 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Here's my faves as of right now:

Advanceshipping, Penguinshipping, Coldcoffeeshipping, Handymanshipping, Gymshipping, Lagomorphshipping, Diamondshipping, and Waternarcshipping (I think that's the name of Wallace/Milotic, but if anyone can correct me on this, please do!)

I tend to change my pairings a lot...

Tue May 18, 2010 7:33 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

M the Gate wrote:

psst!...go with Misty! Dawn's much too young for him!

Seriously, though, even when I was an Advanceshipper, May still seemed too young and more of a sister anyway; I tried a Pearl once, and it just didn't fit; almost like Cart, but still one of the four main Ash centric, non-yaoi, heterosexual, non-fem!Ash, non-Pikachu related shippings to the world at large - Misty, May, Dawn, and from what I've seen, Anabel coming up close in popularity, from what I've seen. And some people can be pretty twisted too. I say too much Ranma and bestiality influence.

I can't believe I forgot the manga before! Misty one of my favorites there too, but she just doesn't fit with Red as much as say, Blue (the girl, not Gary!) or Yellow does. Even there, she's still Ash's girl to me! I wonder what their parents were thinking, actually in naming these kids. Krys and Sapphire I can understand, but I do feel sorry for Ruby, Dia, and Pearl. I also like Dia/Platina, but I don't really do anything with them.

I've also gotten over my dislike of Drew (now carried in full to Harley), and Contest is now on about the same level as Rocket to me; that is to say, I couldn't care one way or the other.

Oh, and to save people who don't know of it the trouble of looking it up, Cartshipping is another name for Hoennincestshipping (the Hoenn counterpart to Incestshipping, aka, Gary and May/Daisy, whichever name fits her incarnation) that is to say, May/Max.

Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:16 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

M the Gate wrote:

Indeed. I mostly like PokeShipping (It's the most likely), but I can see PearlShipping going somewhere.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm... I've never really thought too much about character shippings but lately I've been obsessed with N X White from Pokemon Black and White. FerrisWheelShipping for the WIN!!! :D

Sun May 15, 2011 12:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ugh… Too many slash pairings. Ash and Misty all the way; Bike shipping is what the Orange Islands were for in the first place. Other than that, and the other "obvious" shippings (Contest shipping…), shipping really has no place in the anime anyway. Shipping seems to belong more in the manga than the anime. RedxYellow, SapphirexRuby forever!!!1!

Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2