It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Baseball 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Since the Sports Forum was deleted, I think this is the best place for this. Now let me tell you this. This topic is not for putting down baseball, praising baseball (at least not just that in your post), or whining about bad calls, etc. I want this topic for not only people who play baseball themselves and want to talk about their games, but also people who want to discuss Major League Baseball.

Anyway, my baseball league's playoffs started today, and we were the 4th Seed. It's double-elimination, thankfully, because we lost today against the 5th seed. This 5th Seed team is really good because they are the only ones to beat the best team in the league. So on we go. Basically, my team sucked today. That's what you get after two weeks off. We threw the ball around, made numerous errors, and struck out looking a lot. We lost 6 to 14. 9 of those runs were just handed to the other team. Pathetic. Anyway, I had a pretty good game:

I was 1 for 2 with a sacrifice fly and a ground out. But that one hit was crazy. I hit a 3-run home run, my team's first this year. It was crazy. Like amazing crazy. So I got the home run ball, and it's sitting on my trophy case along with my 11 other game balls from past years. So I made for 4 of my team's 6 runs. Not a bad game. 4 RBIs. That's pretty damn good. Oh I hit it about 230 feet. So at least we had something to raise my team's spirits, as well as my own.

Now onto Major League Baseball. My favorite team is the Chicago Cubs. They are playing some damn good baseball right now. The other night they were down 9-1 to the Colorado Rockies and over the next three innings they scored 9. 10-9 game. Not bad considering most of the key players were given a day off. This summer my dad, my brother, and I are hoping to go to Shea Stadium and catch a Cub-Mets game. Either that or a Pirates-Cubs game.

Now, how about you guys? Any good moments from your baseball playing or do you just want to talk about your favorite baseball team?

Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
it's like a baguette

Is the baseball season still going? As a Royals fan, the baseball season usually ends for me in mid-late May.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

lol FS. Hey, the Royals started off well. :P But you can't do much in that AL Central division.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Let's not talk about the AL Central, OK? :(

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:52 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Deal. AL east it is! :D
Who do you guys think will win this year? Personally, I think it'll be the Yankees, but as a fan, my Sox are Red

My team made it to the finals in our league. It's a best-of-3 series, and we won the first game. I pitched 2 scoreless innings, giving up 2 hits, and 1 reached on error (not my error.) I managed to K their best hitter, but I tired at the end of my second inning bcuz of my asthma. We won 6-2, I went 3 for 4 with a single, a double, a home run, and a K. Of course, I got injured 2nd inning in game 2, so we lost the series :cry:

{donphan}
{heatran}
{salamence}

Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'll take both.

My LA Dodgers are still going through negotiations with Manny Ramirez. Although he's gonna end up with us either way, he wants his 45 mil paid in 2 years. The Dodgers tried to stretch it out to 5. Bad Idea. But no one --Not even the Yankees-- are willing to cough up that much $$$ in 2 years. Trust me, If any team had the money, they would have stepped up already.

As for me, I play first base, I pitch, and I play outfield. I have a little exp as catcher, too. For my last outing, I did all of them except catcher. I played OF first, then our 1B got injured, so I filled in for him. Then a couple innings later, our pitcher started screwing up, so I went and did relief. I truly didn't know I was that useful! We ended up winning, 8 to 5.

Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]