What should i do with my X-BOX?
Send it in to Microsoft 67%  67%  [ 8 ]
Fix it myself 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Buy a new one (Mom's Choice) 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12

Red Ring of Death~ X-BOX 360 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I am so mad. My parents were watching Christan Bale get droped off on an island without an arm (forgot the name of the movie.) and it froze. I retried it and found that I had the red ring of death. I cursed :censored: and I disconnected the X-BOX. My mom wants to send it to Microsoft, but that means I can't send it in again if it gets damaged. I looked on YouTube and found a video that got good reveiws and asked, but I still got DENIED. I want to know what other people did and to get their opinian on how they felt when they got it? Should I send it? Should I not? Do it myself? Help me out here.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:53 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Send it in to Microsoft. They'll fix it for free and even pay for the shipping if you're under warranty. Though, mine red ringed about a week ago and they let me send it in even though my warranty expired.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Through process of elimination, I'd say send it in. Buying a new one could cost much more (it would have in my Nintendo Wii's case) and fixing it...could pretty much just make it worse. D:

When I sent the Wii in to Nintendo, I got it fixed perfectly in every aspect, even keeping memory, and it costed only $70-$80 dollars compared to $250. I think Microsoft wouldn't do anything too different.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thanks for the advice. I will talk to my mom tonight about it. I have one more question though. What happens when you get the red ring? I know that something goes wrong, but what?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:01 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

When you get 3 lights around your ring, that means it's a hardware failure. If that's what you have, just send it in. If it's 4 lights though, that just means your AV cords aren't plugged in all the way.

Also, 3 rings could occur if your AC adaptor isn't plugged in all the way, so make sure everything is plugged in properly.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I have the four red ring parts. Does that mean that it's easier to fix?

Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:20 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

That just means your AV cords aren't plugged in all the way. Try plugging it back in and see what it does.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

My little brother was babbling about some fix for XBox360's red ring of death by wrapping it in towels like a burrito for 20 minutes. I looked it up on Youtube and I'm guessing hes referring to this.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
That is a self remedy to attempting to fix certain problems. But it can cause other problems and void your warranty. I would not do that.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:30 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah the towel trick is only a temporary fix. Send the 360 in. I've had two red rings so far since owning the 360 and the process was quick and easy for the most part. Just sucks not having a 360 for the time.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:14 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I plugged it in like Skull Kid said and i still got nothing. I'll talk with my mom about sending it in just as soon as she gets back home from Target.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:37 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Wow, this never happened to my Playstation 3.

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:42 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

DatVu, this is only for the 360. :?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

once you get it back i suggest that you buy a nyko intercooler ex it has these fans that keep it from overheating and getting the red ring of death. however some of them have a peice of plastic in it that must be pulled out it is in the middle. wiggle it with needle nose plyers and bend it to one side and bend it back with a screwdriver and it should fall out.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:00 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Obsidian wrote:

He's trying to be humorous. He knows the RRoD is a 360 problem, just implying that the PS3 is superior because it doesn't have the problem. Fair dos if he prefers the PS3, everyone has their preference. But anyway, the towel trick is only temporary and more often than not makes things worse. Microsoft will repair it and as Skull Kid said, should cover the shipping costs. And I've heard intercoolers make it worse since they're powered by the 360, they pull more power through it and make the console RRoD faster.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

2x4b wrote:
Obsidian wrote:

Quote:
He's trying to be humorous. He knows the RRoD is a 360 problem, just implying that the PS3 is superior because it doesn't have the problem.

I know that, It's not like i'm an idiot, right...RIGHT!
Crowd of people: Ya. Ya. No idiot. Albert Einstein up in here. Ya.
Anyway, I plugged it into my t.v again and it worked, but then it froze again. I had 1 full ring, now I have 3 4ths. In less than 5 minutes I have 2 types of red ring. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]