It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Labels 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
We don't really have labels, but I guess there are minor groups:
1-the flirters(aka, cool kids):the pretty people who go around touching each other and giggling.
2-the band: the band kids who are always with each other.
3-the preachers:they really get on my nerves, pretending to be so religious.
4-the thugs: troublemakers
5-the athletes: they're usually part of the thugs too.
6-the sensitives: I really hate these guys.
7-other

I'm friends with all these guys without exception, even the thugs.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:18 am
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Everyone carries labels of themselves, and their labels are generated from others who have given them throughout their lives. If anyone has been considered anything, one would try to live to those standards or break them to prove he is his own person. Labels, for the most part, are terrible. It can limit a person's potential, or it can destroy one's sense of selfhood and force one to prove himself as his own. In this sense, judgment is both positive and negative, regardless.

"You're very lazy."

"Oh, she's so smart."

"Do I want to prove I'm not lazy, or do I believe I am?" "Am I pressured to use my intelligence, or are my goals my own?"

We all want to be ourselves, but are we? "Am I my own, or am I merely living to (or against) others' standards and the labels I was given?" It's hard to find confidence in oneself when we face difficulties in identity and conformity. However, more than anything, it is important to ignore labels, and be comfortable with who we are. It seems so banal to say "Be yourself," but I don't believe you can claim to be anyone if you can't claim to be who you are, regardless of what others say.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:28 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i make a 24-7 effort to be myself, and i don't give :censored: about what others think about it.

i am sure that there are more people out there that are weird in their own way. if anyone asks you something along the lines of "why can't you be like everybody else" or tries to change you into a person other than who you are, you need to stick it to them in whatever way you choose that "Yeah, I'm here, I'm weird, GET USED TO IT!"

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:10 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I'm weird, but it's not frowned upon, like I said I'm friends with everyone, even the gang bangers, because everyone knows that I am what I am, and if they don't like it, they don't need to have anything to do with me. I've also become very social in the past few days, making an effort to meet new people and do stuff with them, and I tell you it feels soo good :D

Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I am kind of labeled as a skater or a dumb kid. I am fine with the skater part even though I don't skate. THe dumb kid kind of sucks. The only reason people think I am a skater is because I shop at skater stores. I like there style of clothes.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:07 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i know. i am labeled "weird kid" and "dee dee dee" and "OCD*" and "stoopid". WTF?! that is NOT how you write stupid!

*Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:55 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i am in a biology class with three other people at my table. we sometimes do these puzzles and the first table that completes it gets extra credit points. my table hasn't failed to win yet. the other kids at different tables say that it is because they have me at the table.

sometimes it pays to be the smart kid in the class :D

want to trade?

0646 1156 7995 FC

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

my school doesn't have labels really. everyone's a mix. we judge by class(ex: band, sport,etc).the jocks are usually the gay wannabes, band is anyone, popular girls are the smart ones, and druggies are the emos and so on and so forth. I'm band but I'm basically everything else also.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:50 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

we were just talking about this in my ela class... how all girls are suposedly wimpy wannabe frou frou freaks, and all guys are masculine smart guys and are the superior gender.

i truly pity the dork who beleives this is true.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2