It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 we will not be silent (for the love of god listen to this) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I don't know if this belongs in one of the stickies, but I think it deserves it's own thread, seeing as it has so much meaning, and so much discussion can come of it. if I'm wrong, I'll delete it, please don't send it to the lair...it's mu last strike :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfhoU66s4Y

this micheal heart guy is on my head(arabic term for respect)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

touching.

Seeing as this is not to a thread for debating right or wrong, but for music, I will comment on the musical quality.

It's a very well written, performed, and recorded song.
However, it takes a very good melody and development of said, and applies it to a controversial topic. (akin to sweet home alabama, obviously different situations and not alike in certain ways too)
However, it comes from the heart (haha, punny), and moves people, which I believe is one of the most important reasons for music.

I have to say though, open your mind, open your heart, listen to the other side too. Have pity on sinners, and perhaps they may see the error of their ways.
War is a terrible thing, both sides always take and push atrocities, no matter what.
Please. Look at these words.
The people who mindlessly support Israel's invasion are blind.
The people who mindlessly support retaliation and hatred are blind.
Both sides are blind, and refuse to open their eyes.
Open yours. Do not live another day without compassion for your fellow human being, regardless of religion.

Think of the big picture. I do not know you personally, but let me assume some things.
You have had loving parents, who doted on you from a small age, gave you gifts, spent money on you, skipped work to take care of you when you were sick. Now imagine every child having that. Think of how a parent would feel when their child is taken from them, in a random act of violence. Millions, nay, billions of parents who love their children with all their heart.
Can you imagine the torment, the sorrow, the grief? Why then? why in this random act of violence? Why did he have to be there? Why did the rocket have to land so close?
And then it passes into rage. Look at what they have done to my child! These infidels!

And then the true sinners, those that seek only oppurtunity step in.
They are the ones who rise up, and instead of saying "Perhaps we ourselves are at fault, why would they attack us?" They say "Hear this! those infidels have caused this bloodshed! We must retaliate! we must take back the blood!"

And that is what has happened. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a child for a child.

This sort of conflict cannot be solved by war. I tend to think that Israel is in the wrong for invading, but I understand their side too.

Both sides have lost much. You must realize this. Please, for your own sake, look at what both sides have done.

Do not fall under the spell of sinners who will lead the world to conflict. Open your mind, your thoughts.

Wow. I said I was only going to comment on the music, but then I didn't.
Praeteritio lol.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I know what you mean (I'm gonna call you vander, even if it isn't your real name, coz lordtomato sounds silly), I usually like to listen to both sides and try to see it from the other person's point of view. but you know nothing of what Jews have done in their time, I don't hate them because they're jews, or being jewish makes you evil. it's just that the tribes that happened to remain jewish after christianity and islam were stubborn, cold hearted....people. I know some of them aren't like that, like the one's who immigrated to holland and such countries. but the politicians of Israel are the same evil, cold hearted people. I admit that hamas is stupid for sending the rocket....really stupid, but imagine this: your in a prison cell, and you have to provide your own food and water. eventually your going to get angry and lash out.

how many Israeli people have been injured? 13 :O yeah, I know a life is a life, and it is the most important thing in the world. and I prayed for the families of those dead. but how many palastinians have been killed? about 836 and countless more injured. and I'm totally against this hate their spreading, I know the adults have a reason to hate, but they shouldn't be spreading it all over spacetoon, or other children channels.

I just want this to stop, I want the jews and the palastinians to live together in peace, because I know some jewish people, and they're perfectly good people, it's just politicians that tear us apart.

I'm sorry for any heavy anti-semetism, I don't really hate everything jewish

EDIT: hehe forgot to comment on the music :oops: so anyway, the guy has a really good voice first of all, and by the end I'm pretty much crying, and I love when they start playing the "3ood" near the end (an arabic instrument)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:29 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Zombie, I understand your frustration.

13 people they say? 13 soldiers have been killed. Many others have been killed by retaliatory rocket fire from across the borders. Many just as innocent as those who died in gaza.

Yes. Look at the politicians. See how they sin, using people with families, and lives as pawns for their own power struggles.
Look at those who believe that their god is one that tells them to sin.

I mean, you've seen those comments on youtube videos. People saying how they would never compromise, never let their children play with "the other side".
Such people are fools.
Know they enemy, for in him, you may see yourself.

You are right. I have not studied the history of Muslims and Jews.
But.
You cannot place the blame on all Israeli in general. The small boy whose father may have killed women and children with a single bomb has no idea why this is happening. The link between human friends and family is remarkably strong.
It is terrible to have a friend, a family member die in your presence. indescribable.
But the rage that follows is what fuels such conflict.

When you think of all the sorrow, all the pain, all the death and blood, look within yourself. Acknowledge that what you feel is human. Then, rather than channel the rage to be, the anger, hate, agony, rather than channel that into violence, into harsh words mispoken, feed it to God, be in peace that He will make things right in the end. If you feel that that is not enough, after all, frustration builds after anger, just write. Write your feelings, your anger. Write what you have seen to make you so angry. Question yourself. Write it all out. And read it to yourself. Read the sorrows and the pain. And then breathe out, and let it all flow from you. Focus on nothing, and let it go.

I believe that we all want this to stop. The Israeli were wrong to invade, regardless of damages to their own people. And the fact that the US is doing nothing about it doesn't help either.

incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:09 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCzQtzR7M8

Rise Against, Hero of War.

Take this song from any country's soldier's perspective.

sigh...
the world is such a sad place....

incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:23 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
I know what you mean (I'm gonna call you vander, even if it isn't your real name, coz lordtomato sounds silly), I usually like to listen to both sides and try to see it from the other person's point of view. but you know nothing of what Jews have done in their time, I don't hate them because they're jews, or being jewish makes you evil. it's just that the tribes that happened to remain jewish after christianity and islam were stubborn, cold hearted....people.

lol

Quote:
I know some of them aren't like that, like the one's who immigrated to holland and such countries.

so all jews except the ones who emigrated to the west are evil

this also contradicts your first statement

Quote:
I just want this to stop, I want the jews and the palastinians to live together in peace, because I know some jewish people, and they're perfectly good people,

oh yeah jews are evil btw i know a jewish guy and he's cool so that's alright

Quote:
it's just politicians that tear us apart.

Quote:
but you know nothing of what Jews have done in their time, I don't hate them because they're jews, or being jewish makes you evil. it's just that the tribes that happened to remain jewish after christianity and islam were stubborn, cold hearted....people.

?

Quote:
I'm sorry for any heavy anti-semetism, I don't really hate everything jewish

lol

if you're going to be hypocritical and racist, at least be consistent.

also props to lordtomato for having some sense in that head of his. at least he's not stereotyping and blaming an entire race of people for a mess that was caused by a variety of factors and multiple factions.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

look, your still all over my last post that was sent to lintaro's lair...do you know when a posted that? two days after people in my family were killed, let's see how nice you are after your uncle or cousin get's shot for no good reason.

Quote:
so all jews except the ones who emigrated to the west are evil

this also contradicts your first statement

yes, seeing as they've been detached from the propaganda Israel spreads to it's people.

Quote:
oh yeah jews are evil btw i know a jewish guy and he's cool so that's alright

he's from holland, been raised in america. I stand by everything I say..but only for the soldiers and the politicians, not the civilians.(pic of Israeli soldier: http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff10 ... 3_5150.jpg )

Quote:
?

now are you putting a question mark because you don't understand? or are some of the words a little bit too big for you?

Quote:
if you're going to be hypocritical and racist, at least be consistent.

I have my off days :P

Quote:
also props to lordtomato for having some sense in that head of his. at least he's not stereotyping and blaming an entire race of people for a mess that was caused by a variety of factors and multiple factions.

I'm not denying that hamas is stupid for starting it...hamas is beyond stupid. but the Israeli leaders have grasped the opportunity of having an excuse to cause blood shed, the way you would lung at a raw piece of meat.

Oh, and it's probably too late to tell you this now, but maybe you should be commenting on the actual song

P.S: why do I get the felling you don't like me?...and never call me a racist again you *insert naughty word here* , I'm an anti-sematist dammit.

Last edited by Zombie on Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:42 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

gq: the idea is to not derail threads, wingy dearie. you get so worked up sometimes!

i honestly only listened to a small part of it, because the slideshow was really repulsing to me. sorry, i just don't like to look at pictures of blood and insides and..pain.

however, what i heard was touching!

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:01 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

yeah, the slideshow is kinda repulsing to some people, but it's showing the truth. you should listen to the rest without looking at the slide show, he starts playing an arabic instrument called a "3ood".

SUPPORT MICHAEL HEART

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:17 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Jesus Zombie, what is up with you, GQ is entitled to his opinion. You however, were just rude. :/

The song is sweet, rather touching, but those images are kinda disturbing, so I just minimized it while listening. I suppose you're right about it showing the truth, but images about peace would serve the purpose just as well. I agree with GQ though, what's with all the hate.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:38 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Quote:
look, your still all over my last post that was sent to lintaro's lair...do you know when a posted that? two days after people in my family were killed, let's see how nice you are after your uncle or cousin get's shot for no good reason.

my apologies. i'll leave off you for now, out of respect. still, doesn't really do to go around saying **** like "jews are evil people and always have been". because y'know, some people have jewish backgrounds, jewish friends and classmates, etc.

Quote:
P.S: why do I get the felling you don't like me?...and never call me a racist again you *insert naughty word here* , I'm an anti-sematist dammit.

1) no, i have a thing about not liking racists.
2) i have no clue what an "anti-sematist" is. if you meant "anti-semite", then that's still racism.

Quote:
gq: the idea is to not derail threads, wingy dearie. you get so worked up sometimes!

mrr, but can't i get my claws out sometimes, liebchen? D:

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

gq, I was rude to you :o ....I'm sorry :(

Quote:
my apologies. i'll leave off you for now, out of respect. still, doesn't really do to go around saying :censored: like "jews are evil people and always have been". because y'know, some people have jewish backgrounds, jewish friends and classmates, etc.

let me try another approach, remember when hitler was in power? he was as evil as any mortal person can be, what about his people? a lot of them worshiped him and shared his views, why? because of a little thing called propaganda. now, imagine the same propaganda, but spread out over many years. that's what Israel did and is still doing. I admit, arabs are being exposed to propaganda towards the jews, but still, we have our values, which forbid us to harm anyone who is not a fighter.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:41 pm
Profile YIM
Just your average 10 year old

My word Zombs! Comparing Israel to Hitler? What's wrong with you?

It's okay to have an opinion, but what if a member here was from Israel, and he saw that? He'd be really mad.

(Not that I'm the voice of reason)

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:48 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

hrm, I suppose that's a better comparison. the israelis or the jews or whatever name you want to give to them are neither a good nor a bad people. you can't generalise a race like that. they just have a bunch of idiots in charge and a status quo has been built up which has lead to things being the way they are now.

Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

good, now we've got all our differences out of the way....let's listen to the song again :mrgreen:

I was helping out at a souq in aid of gaza yesterday, and the people their were singing really cool arabic rap about gaza, it was awesome :D

EDIT: good news, hamas and Israel have agreed on a ceasefire, meaning the slaughter can stop......for now.

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]