It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Favourite concert 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

What was your favourite concert you have ever seen or been to?

My personal favourites are:

Nirvana MTV Unplugged
Alice in Chains MTV Unplugged
The Eagles - Hell Froze Over reunion concert

Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:29 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Have you been to any of those?

I've only been to one concert, Nine Inch Nails. My ex-girlfriend is (or was) a big fan of them, and her mother received free tickets to the event (as she does for many Cleveland events (Concerts and Sporting tickets including playoff games :|) (One of the things I miss most about dating her D:)). My ex, who's been to more events than I, said it was the best she had ever seen, so I suppose my first was well, worth it. I'm supposed to go to my second concert soon.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:47 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Like DatVu, I've not been to many concerts (though if you count the occasional classical music concert that I've been dragged off - somewhat less reluctantly than one of my age should be - to, the number's a little higher). However, I went to see the Fratellis live once - bloody brilliant. They really know how to do a live show, and their songs almost sounds better in concert than on CD. Shame that the supporting acts were a bit crap.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:24 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've been to a handful of musicals/operas, the best being Wicked.... It'll blow your mind;
But the best concert I've been to would have to be..... Weird Al Concert.
We laughed, we cried, we laughed till we cried, we laughed till we crapped our pants....
Amazing concert. <3

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

My favorite concert I've been to would have to be Van Halen. My mom saw an AC/DC concert, claiming it was the best concert she's ever seen, and I would really like to see them in concert some time.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have seen Dream Theater at least four times, the best time being a solo concert at Madison Square Garden. They brought the cello player from their current album at the time (2004-Train of Thought) on stage and he played two songs with the band. On the 16th I'm going to Times Square to see Iced Earth and Into Eternity.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

That's a very good question...I have had some bad and good experiences in concerts...
The worst was when I went to see the Sisters of Mercy right after "they" got back together but when I got there, there was only one guy on stage singing and no other members.
The best was a tie of multiple concerts: Oingo Boingo, The Damned, and Madness.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:01 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I saw PlayRadioPlay! in concert, along with Lykke Li (with Bon Iver) and a few others, although I really want to see The Radio Dept. in concert. If anyone has any dates for their tour, please tell. :(

Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Muse at Wembley, June 16th 2007.
Standing at the front, being hugged by some old italian men singing fantastic songs with a damn good guitarist blasting away in front of you.

Wasn't too bad.

EDIT: Some people won't class Reading Festival as a concert (hench the Festival), but (it is a concert technically) Pendulum at Reading 2008 was so good, standing in my Bananaman costume jumping around like a loony. Best weekend of my life.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:39 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I have only saw three concerts (Tool, Dream Theater, and Nine Inch Nails) and I would have to say the best concert was Nine Inch Nails. He knows how to put on an amazing show. It was during the "Lights in the Sky" tour, and we went when he was in Pontiac. The setup with the lights was something else. There were a row of lights in the front of the band and a row of lights behind, and they had them work along with what song was playing. It's hard to explain more than that, so just look around for some videos of his recent concerts.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:35 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I've seen many bands in the past 7 years, my first being Tool. I'm leaning towards this being my favorite concert because I had such a great time, and my hair looked effing amazing. But...then two other concerts come to mind. I was front row for Deftones once, that was effing awesome.

I was also front row for Bad Religion (my boyfriend's a huge fan, I think they're ok). For not being such a big fan, they were awe-inspiring and made me like them more. So that's my web of favorites so far. I'm sure there's more.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:08 am
Profile WWW
it's like a baguette

I've been to a few, but my favorite experience was A Perfect Circle a few years ago. I had never had an exercise quite like maintaining my spot near the front of the floor, as many of the weaker concertgoers found their way to the back if they decided taking a few elbows wasn't worth it. It was a great experience, even though I felt completely drained the next day.

The Mars Volta, a band I had not heard of before, was the band opened for APC. They put on a pretty cool show, but the lack of energy in the crowd kind of ruined that.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:51 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I wanted to see The Mars Volta live, but I heard they really suck live.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 am
Profile WWW
it's like a baguette

Skull Kid wrote:
I wanted to see The Mars Volta live, but I heard they really suck live.

The time they opened for APC was a little after the release of De-Loused in the Comatorium, which will probably remain their best album so long as they record. I can't say I would like to go see a show now.

However, Cedric and Omar were really energetic on stage and it was a good performance. If you like their recent albums, I would probably say seeing them live would be worth it.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:26 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

FireStarter wrote:
The Mars Volta, a band I had not heard of before, was the band opened for APC. They put on a pretty cool show, but the lack of energy in the crowd kind of ruined that.

The Mars Volta are a result (I guess you could say that) of a split from At the Drive In. The other singer (Jim Ward) made Sparta. They're from my hometown, actually!

But anyways, I saw the same APC/Mars Volta concert as well. I wouldn't say The Mars Volta sucked live, but they played 3 songs in about an hour. It's the 20-minute solos and junk that I couldn't hack. It was definitely high-energy, but it gets boring after awhile. I guess you really gotta be into them to appreciate it. I do like De-Loused in the Comatorium very much, but not enough to see them again, heh.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My personal favorite was a Kansas concert I went with my DAD, and it was much greater than i had thought

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:53 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

The most entertaining one would have to be the Alice Cooper concert I saw with R_R. That guy really knows how to put on a show. But we had to sit in the grand stands, so it was kind of lame in that aspect.

The most fun was Ozzfest 2007. Ozzy really can't sing live very much anymore, I didn't care for many of the other acts, but damn its fun to watch drunk people trying to climb a beer soaked hill while attempting to carry a glass of booze in both hands.

Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Alice Cooper? He's pretty good. I can just imagine the Ozzfest, Ozzy trying to grasp one last breath. I've never been to a real Rock concert, but I saw the American Idols on Tour in 2008. It was more entertaining than good, seeing as only one song they sang was on my iPod.

Mon May 11, 2009 3:28 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

He really can't sing anymore, but I would still go again to here him in a heart beat. There is just something about seeing one of your heroes in real life, no screen or anything seperating them from you.

Although I did get the tickets for free and I heard that Ozzfest tickets have been going up in price over the years so I might not.

Tue May 12, 2009 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The only act that has been banned from the Ozzfest is Queens of the Stone Age, because after it, they complained how "poorly" they were treated. Let me just put it this way: Just because Ozzy has a few loose bolts doesn't mean you ever insult him, especially if you were chosen to be one of the select few to preform at the Ozzfest.
So he really can't sing anymore? That doesn't really surprise me, although now I know Black Rain will probably be his last studio album, a high note to end his career on (especially with I Don't Wanna Stop).

Tue May 12, 2009 12:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

He can kind of sing, but no where as good as he has been in the past. (To be fair he has never been stellar live or anything)

In fact if you listen to Black Rain compared to other albums he has a very metallic voice because he used a lot of synths and what have you to cover up.

But he is planning two more albums at least. One of them is already in late stages of production and who knows if we will ever see the second, but they should be alright. Providing they ever surface to public eye.

Tue May 12, 2009 2:02 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Maybe he's like the Monkees (60's band...Loooooong story...), and he has a band playing for him and someone assisting him to sing. By the time he's 70 (if he lives that long), he will have lost his vocal cords because the drugs paralyzed them.

Tue May 12, 2009 2:25 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

By far my favourite concert was the most recent one I went to.

R.E.M. in Manchester. Absolutely electric atmosphere where they played all my favourite songs.
Clawson Experience

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Mon May 18, 2009 11:13 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

ClawsonExperience wrote:
By far my favourite concert was the most recent one I went to.

R.E.M. in Manchester. Absolutely electric atmosphere where they played all my favourite songs.
Clawson Experience

REM is still together? thats surprising.

I can't wait until RATM come out with another new album, if they do.

Mon May 18, 2009 1:31 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]