It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Life 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Has anyone thought of life to much and it kind of freaks you out like thing out of our normal reach and why we are here? :frustrated:

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

We are here cause God made us.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:11 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I don't think that much about life.
It's so temporary, and there are so many other things to think about.

We're here cause we are. no need to find out why; we probly won't live long enough to find out anyways.

thinking about death, now THAT can be scary.

But if you just live your life as you see fit, and intervene with others' when necessary and don't go around trying to convert people to your views (about anything. religion, sexual orientation, vegetarianism, etc.) without purpose (like, sure, you can give us evidence, and show us tragedies or harm in order to influence, but let one judge such information for him/herself rather than dictating your single truth), then you will live and die happy.

whatever happens after death, it will be interesting.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:30 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

death is a horrifying thought, but it is so fun to play with. though, that is really on literary terms, and not real life. too bad.

i think about life and death, and what's going to happen afterward often. i believe in reincarnation, but not that you would remember your past life or anything; basically, things would be pitch black until you were born again as a panda or a tree or something.

but i don't like that, either. i want to remember all that i've learned in life. it's not fair to accumulate so much knowledge, then have it all vanish as soon as you kick the bucket. that's the most terrifying thing.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aah, life, a question that has been pondered for millenia and yet has no agreeable answer, our creation, our existance, our past, and our future. One of my questions is why did animals want to evolve in the first place? Is the fear of death really that great, for all animals to try to avoid it at all costs as best as they can?

And also what happens after you die, it's crazy to think of what will happen when our brains become inactive, and you can't really ponder it without steeping into superstitious beliefs, so I'm not sure I could make a rational decision about it.

To be fairly honest, to me this thread's going to end in a religion war because people have different beliefs about these things, and some people can't accept other people having "the wrong idea" about something. Just saying.

I would agree with lordtomato, for now the best answer is to the meaning of life is to live life as you want it, whether right or wrong, though I am a hypocrite by saying this because I do not like people sort of showing stuff of that is wrong. Ah well, at least I get the idea about it, that's how I want to live it.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm positive this thread WILL end in a religious war, but everyone has their own beliefs. Sometimes I wonder why we exist. Sometimes I think it was meant to be a torture chamber for me and only me, however there are other inhabitants in the world. But whatever, what happens happens and that's all I really see in life.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:44 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Eh. I don't like the thought of dying and having all your work go to waste, but I also don't like religion in general. I like the ideologies like Deism; God created the earth and then he left, because there's not a God around anymore it seems. :

I think that death is necessary because it forces you to take action on your beliefs, because if we were immortal, we could just sit around and do nothing day in and day out, and no consequences would come of it, but since death is here, we have stuff being done in the short time that we have.

Sometimes I get really pissed that I'm going to die because I want to see what will happen in the future. :(

>:C

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:22 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That thought comes up for me, but then I have a depressing yet rational thought: What would makes me so special? Why should I be able to live forever at the concequence of the world?

And also in another view, people need to die because if they didn't then this world would be more over populated than it already is, which isn't good for the planet. Not at all.

The concept that this world is a torture chamber for them is very self-centered, and again the question is "What made you so special?" For now we're just here, so we might as well enjoy it.

Oh, and a thought about Death: A theory that explains the Big Bang (which was really a collision of parallel universes, according to this theory), gravities' "weakness", and many other anomalies, uses the explanation of parallel universes to explain what's happening. So far it's just a theory but it's showing good results. The thought just occurred to me that maybe when anything dies, could the parallel universes come into play? Could we somehow be whisked away from our universe and sent to another? Reincarnation of everything into another universe sounds good to me, it maybe could make sense. Maybe. But this is just a thought for now, so whatever.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Titan of Lightning wrote:

Oh, and a thought about Death: A theory that explains the Big Bang (which was really a collision of parallel universes, according to this theory), gravities' "weakness", and many other anomalies, uses the explanation of parallel universes to explain what's happening. So far it's just a theory but it's showing good results. The thought just occurred to me that maybe when anything dies, could the parallel universes come into play? Could we somehow be whisked away from our universe and sent to another? Reincarnation of everything into another universe sounds good to me, it maybe could make sense. Maybe. But this is just a thought for now, so whatever.

Reincarnation would mean transferring (or even possibly transforming) the body and bringing it back to life, because unless we have souls, which might be the key to having our emotions, the soul may just be taken to the life-form about to be ceated and be placed into it.

I know that sounded really weird.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pokej wrote:
Has anyone thought of life to much and it kind of freaks you out like thing out of our normal reach and why we are here? :frustrated:

42!!!!!
No.. didn't work out.. Oh darn.. I tought this time it would be the right one. :(

Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

If we never could die and could be in space forever all we would see is infinity forever and we would see nothing like we have no meaning

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I think what we all need to be looking for is "the question" to life the universe and everything. (if you like hitch hikers,feel free to laugh)

but seriously, look at the world around you, if you look hard enough, you can't deny the fact that an almighty god created this place. we have been created to worship god, and this life has been created to test us...until judgment day comes.

I don't expect any of you to agree with me, but this is what I think will happen after death. The body will live in the grave, conscious of all it's surroundings, if you've been good in life, then you'll only feel the good things, the warmth of the earth, the sound of the wind, etc. , but if you've been bad in life, you'll only feel the bad things, suffocation, claustrophobia, decay, etc. , but then when the archangel gabriel blows his horn, all the souls of the dead and the living will rise up, and walk the bridge of judgement; if you've been good, you'll cross with ease, but if you've bad, you'll wobble and fall. then the souls will take a path, the bad souls will turn to hell, the good will go on. the half-half will pass through hell, then continue with the rest of the souls. ..............(I'm not really sure about what happens after that...I'll have to get back to you later)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:02 am
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Quote:
I think what we all need to be looking for is "the question" to life the universe and everything. (if you like hitch hikers,feel free to laugh)

I already did that. look up.

Quote:
but seriously, look at the world around you, if you look hard enough, you can't deny the fact that an almighty god created this place. we have been created to worship god, and this life has been created to test us...until judgment day comes.

Hey, hello. You really DID ready Hitch hikers? hwat about that part of proving the existence of God?

Quote:
I don't expect any of you to agree with me, but this is what I think will happen after death. The body will live in the grave, conscious of all it's surroundings, if you've been good in life, then you'll only feel the good things, the warmth of the earth, the sound of the wind, etc. , but if you've been bad in life, you'll only feel the bad things, suffocation, claustrophobia, decay, etc.

ok, 'till here sounds interesting.

Quote:
, but then when the archangel gabriel blows his horn, all the souls of the dead and the living will rise up, and walk the bridge of judgement; if you've been good, you'll cross with ease, but if you've bad, you'll wobble and fall. then the souls will take a path, the bad souls will turn to hell, the good will go on. the half-half will pass through hell, then continue with the rest of the souls. ..............(I'm not really sure about what happens after that...I'll have to get back to you later)

Aaaaaand there goes the religious mambo-jambo.

Seriously, I think life isn't supposed to have a meaning or anything else. I think it's suposed to make people to lose their time thinking about it.
Go live your :censored: life and stop wasting your time thinking about how you're able to live or whatever.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:37 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

poor afonso

look everyone, don't bother replying to my last post, because I don't want to start the religion war.

but afonso, personally, If I didn't believe I was part of something bigger...I would just stop, no point in living anymore. I would of killed myself a long time ago if I thought that if I died it will all be over. the only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because I'll be damned to hell If I do.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

For all that are looking for the "meaning of life" take this into consideration: The meaning of life is what the mortal mind perceives to be the meaning. Basically it means that what everyone in the world thinks is the meaning is the meaning.
If you ponder what life is then you'll find enough reason to abandon the life you currently lead. No matter if the life is good or bad you must not seek an answer for if you do the point of finding yourself by action is disregarded.
Certain things happen to correct the wrong that fills lives such as religion or politics. If Moses didn't hear God's words than he wouldn't of help the slaves escape. Everything happens for a reason whether sin or correction.

My outlook on this life is fairly bleak but I stay because I feel as if I have a purpose(evil or good I don't know). I've pondered with my life and still find no understanding. I believe that the purest form of beliefs is if you combined them together and get one religion, the starting point for the rest.

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Zombie wrote:
poor afonso

look everyone, don't bother replying to my last post, because I don't want to start the religion war.

but afonso, personally, If I didn't believe I was part of something bigger...I would just stop, no point in living anymore. I would of killed myself a long time ago if I thought that if I died it will all be over. the only reason I haven't killed myself yet is because I'll be damned to hell If I do.

If the only reason someone doesn't do something is a fear of hell/prison/punishment, they need help. :(

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

it's not so weird actually, if we didn't know there was a god to fear and worship, we would be no more than animals...without knowing what consequences await us...there wouldn't be any reason to follow the law...would there?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:26 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Right, because everyone believes in God.

MY POINT IS GET SOME HELP OR QUIT ACTING EMO. :(

Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:47 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they should, even the one's who don't are surrounded by people who do, and whether you like it or not, people are going to be affected by the people around them.

why don't you like me sparrow?

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You are one of my best friends. ;_;

PEOPLE NEED TO JUST CHILL OUT AND LIVE LIFE BY THE MOMENT. 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

*tears of joy*

I see what you mean, but you don't have to be all uptight for religious purposes, I like to live my life for the moment too, but I devote a few hours to god everyday as well.

"if today was your last day" -nickelback <--awsome

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:07 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]