It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Best GBA games? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've been wondering which game I should buy, so I wanted some opinions. What do you think is the best Gameboy Advance game?

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I think Either Zelda Minish Cap or Pokemon Emerald {charizard}

Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:27 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Thinking back, I really don't think Gameboy Advance had any top quality titles. Its library consists of a mediocre first-party games like Mario Kart Super Curcuit, low quality Pokemon generation (in b4 forumtards baaaaaaaaaw), shovelware, and the rest of it are ports and remakes. There are a few games that I personally enjoyed, but I wouldn't go out of my way to call them "the best games I ever played." Those games include WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Sonic Advance, Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku 2, Golden Sun, and of course the infamous number of ports such as Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 and Final Fantasy V. I advice you to stay away from YuYu Hakusho Spirit Detective though, that game is extremely bad. :P

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

The first game I ever played on my gba was a yugioh game, lol.

My favorites on GBA were mostly Megaman and Pokemon: Megaman Zero (1 and 2), Megaman and Bass, Megaman Battle Network (4), and Pokemon (Ruby and Sapphire). I also have the games Dragonball Z: Legacy of Goku (1 and 2), and I enjoyed those too. I own another game entitled Chessmaster, and even though I like chess, I was never able to win a single match on that game.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

In my opinion, the GBA had an amazing selection of RPGs to choose from. And because it's portable, you could play your RPGs whenever, wherever!

Some awesome GBA RPGs: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, all the Final Fantasy remakes/ports, Golden Sun 1 and 2, Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga to name a few.

Serpentsounds and Toasty made some great suggestions as well.

Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:03 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, any of the Mega Man Battle Network Games, Sonic Advance 1, 2, and 3, Castlevania Aria of Sorrow, Golden Sun and Golden Sun the Lost Age, Boktai 1 and 2 and finally Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:08 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yesss, the Golden Sun games were amazing! Also,. there was fire emblem, some mario and sonic games, and THE best generation of pokemon games ever, RSE.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:10 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I had some good fun with the Final Fantasy remakes, having played the SNES versions before. I also enjoyed Advance Wars and both Fire Emblems a lot. Games like the Pokemon RPGs, Tactics Ogre, FFTA were fine with me too, just not that memorable. It depends on what kind of games you like. As you can see, my list consists mainly of RPGs and the like, so if that isn't your cup of tea, look to other posts for information =p

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm rather fond of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (if you can find it).
Also, I hear the old FF games are supposed to be good (I've never played any of them, so I wouldn't know
for sure.) if you can get one without selling your soul. And, Kingdom Hearts COM is a good one too.

And, of course, you could try to get the Pokemon games. :lol:

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:30 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I think I only played the Pokemon games, Metroid Fusion, (didn't like much) and a Fire Emblem games. I do not remember what is was called, but I recommend it. (:

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:43 pm
Profile YIM
Lite Four
Lite Four

There are only two Fire Emblem games for the DS, that is, released in English, and they are Fire Emblem DS and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. Both were great games in my opinion.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:25 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I enjoyed Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, The Megaman Zero series, Megaman & Bass, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow, Phantasy Star Collection, Pokemon RSE, and uhh... the re-release of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link.

...yeaaaaaaaah...nostalgia purposes.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:49 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've played Fire Emblem, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, Metroid Fusion, The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past w/ Four Swords (this was my first Zelda game), Megaman Zero 2, various Yugioh games, and Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland.

Fire Emblem is a great RPG, which you'll find very satisfying, assuming that you like RPGs. I, personally loved Metroid Fusion; the gameplay and story was fantastic. Metroid: Zero Mission is also promising. The Legend of Zelda, although a port of the SNES version, is still really good, and you can even play Four Swords with others who have the game. I haven't played all of the Megaman Zero games, but #2 was good, so I'm pretty sure the rest will be worth it. Nightmare in Dreamland, and the rest of the Kirby games are lots of fun. Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories is another good one. Any of the 5 Pokemon games are pretty good picks, if you're willing to play Pokemon again. I'd get Emerald, if you were thinking about getting one of the Hoenn generations.

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:00 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Astroboy and Wario Ware were two of my all time favorites on the GBA.

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:57 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Wario ware twisted and Mario world (gba version)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've only played a few GBA games, and I must say I only ever like Pokemon Emerald. In my opinion it's the best Pokemon game made so far, D/P was too much new gimmicky stuff that just couldn't stomach.

Though I would recommend Super Mario World. I played it at my friends and on my Wii virtual console, and it's a really great game. And if I do recall correctly, it comes packaged with the classic Mario Bros. :)

Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]