It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 i hate cheaters 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

ok so i went to Game Stop today and bought a used copy of pokemon pearl, when i got home and tested it, i found that the person who had previously played it had cheated to get all 493 pokemon and several rare items. i know they were fake because i looked in the PC and they had a level 52 Arceus, a dead givaway. i just hate people like that, i think if your a true pokemon lover you wouldnt cheat. i plan to restart the game and catch them all the legit way anyone agree with me that cheaters suck?

think before you act
and take responsibility for everything you do.
everyone is resposible for everthing

Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I personally don't see a problem when someone cheats to get Pokémon that would be impossible for them to do so in legit ways, for any reason they might have. I have nothing against people who hack games to get things like Arceus or Mew or whatever, as long as they do so fairly; for instance, if Arceus is found at level 80, I would cheat to find a wild Arceus at that same level, not at a lower stage so I could specially train it or something.

If I wasn't so scared of having my game destroyed, I wouldn't think twice before buying a Game Shark and using it to get myself a Darkrai and other event bastards.

I don't know what to think of people who hack for attacks and cheat to get more TMs. I don't see much of a problem here (I'd probably do it, to be honest), even though I admit it's less fair than hacking for monsters. When it comes to egg moves, I think it ruins the whole point of breeding (I'd personally wait and wait and wait until I got the move + nature + whatever combination I wanted), but I don't mind having billions and billions of a same TM.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:58 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Personally, I don't cheat, and I don't like the idea of cheating. However, I have to say that whining about how much you hate cheaters is quite childish.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I personally think cheating is OK, as long as everything is legit (example: Lv. 100 or lower, normal stats and moves etc.). But I agree with the above message, whining is a bit childish in my book.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I see nothing wrong with it. I, personally, can't afford all the Pokemon games (LfGr, FrRd, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald...) to do insertion and get all the Pokemon I need for dex, NOR do I have the time to hunt down, level-up, happiness-atize, and full-story it to obtain certain types of items or Pokemon that would help me greatly. I'm a full freakin' time college student. I have not the funds nor the hours to be what your definition of a "true fan" is. If someone cheats to max out attack or cheats moves or whatever, then use that as motivation the crack they're "power" and beat them fair and square. It'll fill all the more victorious when you crush a cheated Wonderguard Spiritomb with a hard-worked, hand-raised Pokemon.
But, true to Religion and Video games, I won't condemn you for your beliefs if you don't condemn me for mine.
To wrap this up, in the words of a school teacher, "I have a policy about ass-whoopings and opinions; if you ask for it, I'm gonna' give it to you."

(Yay for PMS.... :frustrated: )

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hating cheaters is something that everybody apart from cheaters do. What's wrong with cheating, if only to get that Dakrai, which you need so badly on your team? Hacking an Arceus is a bit stupid because it's banned from ubers anyway, but what if you just want one?

DNA, who left Psypokes a while ago, hacked a Modest, Shiny Porygon-Z. Not very likely, but possible. Now, another topic was whining about this certain person who had a Deoxys with Wonder Guard. Not very likely, and not possible. I woudn't mind people hacking something because they really aren't bothered to get it manually, but hacking something that just won't happen is crazy.

Personally, I have a feeling that people are going to be cheating a lot, mainly because of Skymin's incredibleness. Darkrai is very good, what with a slightly less accurate version of Sporepunching, as well as two moves that cover everything except Toxicroak and Heracross. I'm saying that its alright to cheat like this. I'm saying that its not alright to then have an Attack stat of 405. But I'm saying that cheating isn't always for the worst.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 3:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: United Kingdom, or according to Nintendo nowhere as our country normally doesn't exist to them.
pretty much {ditto} the above comments (did yah geddit?)

I broght an action replay and used pokesav to get 3 pokes {latias} {articuno} (using the legal mindreader/Sheer Cold moveset) {suicune} is your interested.

I dont consider it cheating. there is no other way for me to get those pokemon within the boundries of Diamond and Pearl. Plus i have no intension of buying RSELGFR. So whats the problem.

Same goes for events. If you really want a Darkrai Shaymin or Arceus then whats the problem with triggering the event using a cheat device. It would be the same as going to the actual event (which i personally found very fun when i went to the UK darkrai event,) just without worrying about having missed it.

Ofcourse theres the whole problems with event pokemon but i digress

I dont mind someone using legal pokemon that were created using a cheat device, just so long as the stats moveset abilities are legal.

[/rant over]

Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hackers are the reason I may never return to the GTS.

November 18, 2008
I was either traded a pokemon so horribly hacked (I mean horrible as in someone was trying their first hack.), a pokemon hacked so much, or a pokemon intentionally damaging my game. My DS just shut off, and a message appeared saying "Your previous file has been damaged". I am now currently on a new file... :violin:

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:21 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kirbychu wrote:

November 18, 2008
I was either traded a pokemon so horribly hacked (I mean horrible as in someone was trying their first hack.), a pokemon hacked so much, or a pokemon intentionally damaging my game. My DS just shut off, and a message appeared saying "Your previous file has been damaged". I am now currently on a new file... :violin:

I'm going to have to be more cautious with the GTS from now on...
What exactly would cause the problem though? :?

Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:59 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
I think it's alright to cheat when there's no other way to catch the Pokémon, but for any other purpose, cheating is a no-go. I'm currently trying to give away the hacked Lv. 100 Articuno I recieved at the GTS (it said it was caught at Route 203 at Lv. 4) for a real Lv. 100 Articuno (Go to DP Wi-fi trading thread for more info).

So basically, cheating is alright at points, but bad most of the time.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:28 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I don't like cheating as such, but I wouldn't say that I hated cheaters either.
I had an emulator and cheated for Sapphire and it's just boring when you can choose the Pokemon you'll find in the greass and what level they'll be etc. There's no point in the game then..

But for the extremely rare Pokemon that can't be found on the game. I think that cheating is quite acceptable >.<
Anyone here got Emerald?

Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I have Emerald.
I only used the Gameshark I stole from my friend to get Zangoose and Seviper as my starters, and then tucked it away for ever. I cheat like crazy on FireRed 'cause I've beaten It dozens of times and I'm trying to get through rented copies of Pokemon XD and Coliseum without getting creamed.
And, just throwing this out here, I just turned to the ending of Star Wars Episode three, where Padmi dies, and Vadar uses the most lame ending line in the history of movies ("Nooooooooooo!") and I simultaneously laughed and threw up in my eardrums.

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Volke wrote:
Kirbychu wrote:

November 18, 2008

I'm going to have to be more cautious with the GTS from now on...
What exactly would cause the problem though? :?

I suppose it's safer to search for what you want, rather than offer. :P

Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

yea it is safer to search though once some one traded my brother a shiny palkia for a spiritomb.

Black Friend Code: used in trades gmt - 06:00 central time us
Chris 1935 9949 5758
3ds Friend code:
3695-0533-8271 this one has reached 100 friends if you want a safari from me use the 2nd friend code.
2nd 3ds friend code: 1821-9478-7101
Black2 Friend Code: Chris 0519 5118 7320

Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:46 am
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Last week i bought action replay to use it catch some UPERS that you can find only with action reply in my pearl.But i was so happy that i start to do and other cheats so the game was full of cheats.

I want to say that if you have an action reply you cant hold back for cheating almost everything so i believe that is not a good think but its very cool to do it.

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:54 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

it's not a problem if someone cheats to get an event item like old sea map and eon ticket. it's definitely not right to get a non event pokemon using cheats.(you can catch them yourself or trade it)

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It would be tempting to just cheat to get it over with, but in reality you have to think to yourself, "Where is the fun and challenge in that?"

If you want my opinion, i think its not worth it to cheat. The fact that you risk being bugged and glitched makes it very risky.

In fact- and i swear on this, on my blue version, i made an entire team of level 100 pokemon without any rare candy cheats on my blue version a long time ago (I already used them all up by then.) I evne managed to make 7 of them in just a few months. :shock: I still cant believe of how i can remember that part. But it was worth it, the team took me through pokemon stadium one and two when it came to the gym leaders and the elite four.

In fact, one of them was a Mew that used to be level 5. I got it from a once in a life time nintendo event. But now the datas gone thanks to my jealous brother doing a new game on it and saving it.

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:12 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i think its fine to use AR or watever its their game...if it breaks guess whos fault it is

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Yeah, its their problem then.

If you want to battle, PM me first.

Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I say it's okay but only to get something it's impossible to get otherwise and is totally legit.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hacked a Mew, Celebi, and a Jirachi into my game. I see the rest as possible to get and thus don't want to cheat.

Although the Johto Starters are tempting.

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:44 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My friend is a cheater and it drives me crazy! :evil: But really, there is no excuse nowadays since all the events are at Toys "r" Us or Game Stop lol

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well i kind of cheated on my pokemon leafgreen and ruby by accdient becuz i give my game to my friend becuz he said he can help me with my legendary pokemon problem like getting them. for the islands to get them. At that point i though he had the tickets. so, the next day i give him my games. like a week later he give me back my games. So, i want home played my games. so then, i seen the games and i seen the legends and i looked at the locate of the pokemon where there were catched he used a cheating devide to get me the pokemon the complete pokedex on the ruby.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:55 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Personally, I find it okay, as long as they don't use hacked pokes in battles against other people.

Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:37 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I cheated in Blue when I was a kid, like infinite rare candies + masterballs. Now that I'm older, and having followed 4 generations of the franchise, I don't have as much enthusiasm for Pokemon. Basically, I don't feel compelled to cheat.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next