It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Left 4 Dead 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Alright, some of you here have got to be zombie game fans. If you are, are you all as psyched for Left 4 Dead as I am? I've been looking forward to this game for quite some time, and now that we're nearing its approach, I'm overrun with excitement. Being a fan of Valve, I'm quite set in my mind that I'm going to love this game to death.

For those of you not in the know about this game, allow me to use Wikipedia's introduction summary. (I would've typed up one myself, but I just know I'd forget stuff or word it weird)

Wikipedia wrote:
Left 4 Dead pits four human playable or AI controlled survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic against hordes of aggressive "Infected". The Survivors' goal is to help each other make it through various scenarios to safety. The Infected are controlled by an AI that dynamically balances difficulty and mood depending on the players' progress and situation. In an alternate game mode, human players can control up to four mutated Boss Infected with special abilities and cooperate to stop the Survivor players.

If anyone else plans on getting it, we'll definitely have to set up a time to play it together.

Also, an interesting side note, I saw a billboard while I was in Chicago last month with the game's cover art and title on it. It was awesome. :)

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Gaaaaaaaaaah, I was -so- looking forward to this game. Stupid faulty 360 hardware D:

There's a demo out, right? I think I heard it was multiplayer. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:21 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

You are correct; however, currently the demo is only available to people who pre-ordered it at certain locations. I believe it will be publicly available for free download sometime during this upcoming week.

I downloaded the trailer that was on Xbox Live while I was at my friends house, and it was tubular.

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I am waiting for this game to come out, I want it.

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:07 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I just got the demo and played it. It's so awesome.

Being Live deprived, all I can do is play the single player campaign demo. Even with AI's as my teammates, I found the game totally sweet. I can only imagine how awesome it would be with 4 human players working together.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I played the demo and agree that it is awesome. It gets extremely intense at moments which is really grand. The amount of zombies that poured out of windows and alleyways when I activated a car alarm had my friend and I rolling.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ooooo! It come out for PS3, right? :(
The thing that startled me the most when I saw the trailer is that the zombies don't do the traditional shamble-and-moan routine; from what I could tell, they had "28 days later"-speed, and howled.
And if that's the case, I need to invest in some adult-sized diapers; the only thing that scares me more then being eaten alive is that the percentage of it happening is higher then normal.

......That being said, I'm looking forward to the adrenaline-high. :wink:

Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

No, I think it's only for the 360 and PC.

The experience is even great with other people... the intensity increases greatly. It was priceless when I was in a one-more-hit-will-kill-me state and my friend was panicing.

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:56 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I've played the demo and personally found it to be very enjoyable but I don't think I'll be buying it. Not because I don't like it, the gameplay is solid and it works very well. But zombie games just creep me out too much. I was fine with them before Dead Rising... But ever since I fought a clown juggling chainsaws I've been creeped out D:

Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Ah Left For Dead A VERY memorable game in my case . Its about teamwork and survival if you don't well.....your screwed all it takes is a wrong turn away from your team and your basically dead .

Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:33 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]