It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Warning: Christian Content 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hey, guys! I just came home, and I got a letter from a magazine called Devozine. It's a Christian magazine that puts out daily devotions. I used their website to submit and article, and...

I GOT PUBLISHED!!!!

I'm really excited right now. I just got off the phone with my siblings in college, and I'm sending emails, and posting topics like this everywhere!

Now, to avoid coming across, I'm putting up my article for any of your critiques. This is under the theme "Refresh", one of the themes the magazine gave potential writers.

Sometimes, when I’m on the computer, an internet page doesn’t load. Just press refresh, and there you have it, the page works. When I go to the wrong page, I just use the back button to get away from it. When I use the back button when I shouldn’t have, I just hit the forward button.

Sometimes I wish life had all the useful buttons that the internet has. When I mess something up, I could refresh and try again. When I do something I shouldn’t do, I could just go back and go the right way. When I withdraw from God, I could use the forward button to return to Him.

The problem is that life doesn’t have all of the buttons that the internet does. When you mess something up, you can never get rid of it. When you do something wrong, you can’t get rid of it.

But it is comforting to know that if you withdraw from God, you can go back to Him. Sure, it isn’t as easy as clicking a button, but it’s possible. You may not be able to get rid of your earthly actions, but in Heaven, God can forgive you. It’s like refreshing your record with God.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like it. I'm not Christian, and i don't exactly believe in a God, but I like this nonetheless.

It is very descriptive. It describes your experience in a way that lets others feel how you do at that point.

So yea... It's short simple and good.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: credit goes to afonso for the avatar, and the "faceplant"
I'm a muslim that goes to a christian school, and every morning I have to stand at assembly and listen to these......things, and never have I been impressed by anything they had to say, and I'm just as impressed by what you had to say.
please do not take any offence, I'm just giving my opinion, I'm awfully shallow so mabye I just don't get it, (but I don't think so)

Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:32 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nice work, I see why it was published.

It's something that could cheer you up when you're sad. =)

Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

#1) Congrats!!!! My brother had an article printed about him there too

#2) Hurray, another christain! Skillet fan? You a panhead?

#3) so... what exactly was written about you or by you again.

Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was a little leery given the topic title, but I'm glad it's not specifically Christian and that us nonbelieving heathens can nod in commiseration. :P

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]