It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Corrupt saved file, help! 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Twice now I've had corrupted files on Ruby. The first was when I connected the game in a GBA SP to a GameCube for Pokemon Box. THe second was when I connected it to the GameCUbe for Jirachi. Both times it said the saved file was corrupted and then the saved file was deleted. When I restarted the file was gone, and I had to start a new game. New game plays fine. I've connected a Sapphire to Pokemon Box no problem, but I'm afraid of connecting it to the Jirachi in fear of losing 180 hours on that one. Any thoughts as to what is causing this?

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:09 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

To be safe I wouldn't hook it up to box anymore. You could see if some one you know has a game they don't care about and see if it hooks up to Pokemon box without any problems.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I hooked up my Sapphire to Pokemon box, no problem. And we're able to link Sapphire and Ruby together to trade with the GameCube and the GBA SP. I'm wondering if the berry update is what is messing up my Ruby since that happens on both Box and the Jirachi disc. Very frustrating. But I have a new copy of Ruby that I'm going to try out.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:52 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

If it only happens on your ruby then there must be something wrong with it. Is it a new or used version of Ruby? If its new then your new Ruby should probably work fine.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hmm, could it be a fake cartridge? It's not red like Sapphire is blue, it's just a stock grey-ish cart. My FR and LG are stock grey also. I bought them in an auction as a bundle.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:40 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

hobbes4444 wrote:
Hmm, could it be a fake cartridge? It's not red like Sapphire is blue, it's just a stock grey-ish cart. My FR and LG are stock grey also. I bought them in an auction as a bundle.

Yep, fake. If it looks like a normal game with ruby on the front, fake.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:49 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yea I wouldn't buy cartriges that aren't the same color as the game name (Fire Red - Red Cartridge Emerald - Green Cartridge) with the exception of diamond and pearl. Also try to buy them new from stores because then the chances are that they arent fake.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:58 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Your guide to identifying fake games.

*Locked*, if you need this reopened for some reason, PM me or another Hoenn Region mod.

Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:50 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 8 posts ]