It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:04 am



This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ash's Pikachu; Boy or Girl 
Author Message
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 31, 2008 9:50 pm
Posts: 6
Post Re:
-Night- wrote:
I always thought it was female, but if the new episodes go by the gender differences in appearance, then it would be male


They do go by gender differences. In the treasure hunter episode, there were 2 kinds of combees: male combees/ {combee} and female combees ( the one with the read dot). Therefore there are gender differences. The female Pikachu's tail is bent, a male's is straight {pikachu}. So Ash's Pikachu is male.


Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 am
Profile
Gym Leader
Gym Leader
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:16 pm
Posts: 1013
Your point still isn't logical because Pikachu existed before gender differences, or even genders altogether, and it wouldn't make sense to have pikachu's tail be straight in one episode, and bent in the next just because somebody at Game Freak got the idea for gender differences.


Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:51 pm
Posts: 11
Location: PR
I agree with 3saster in the episode he mentioned there were male & female Combees depicted exactly like in the games, so by default Pikachu has to be male and everyone that thinks Pikachu is female might be infuenced by the fact that a chick is Pikachu's VA in Japan & USA. I also want to point out that in Tanks for the Memories Pikachu & Turtwig are embarased to be in a maid's outfit.

_________________
{sceptile} & {torterra} are my all time favs, long live the grass-types
Image


Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:40 pm
Posts: 238
Location: Idaho
I personally always thought that Pikachu was a female. In one episode Ash fights this kid that also has a Pikachu, and its voice is different, kind of deeper than Ash's. It also has a kind of spiked hair think going on. I'm going to stick with Pikachu being a girl... Buneary can be male, who knows perhaps Dawn's Buneary is a boy?


Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:07 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:50 pm
Posts: 49
Location: Kingston,Jamaica
pikachu's a boy I'm pretty sure of that and for the spiky hair pikachu thing they prolly did it to make richie's pikachu unique.


Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:10 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 pm
Posts: 149
Location: In Umbreons Heart
100% boy dawn buneary has a crush on Pikachu and buneary is a girl confirmed


Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Joined: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:20 pm
Posts: 122
Location: somewhere in time. following your life. plotting to control you.
pikachu is a boy. but some ppl thought that the one in yellow was a girl. what the heck is up with that?


Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:23 am
Posts: 4
I've always thought of {pikachu} as a boy, .... but I swear Ash and Pikachu are in love with each other

_________________
Image
Click here to feed me!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!


Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:55 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Thanks to Obsidian for the avatar!
congratulatins! its a boy! :lol:


Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm
Posts: 370
I say boy, because the buneary had a crush on pikachu and im pretty sure buneary is a girl. Although they do tend to say "it" a lot.


Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:14 am
Posts: 15
Its a guy. Look at the tail its a male's pikachu tail, if it was a female it would have a heart shaped tail.

And I know, the gender differnce didn't happen till D/P but according to the tail thing its a male.

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:45 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 4:11 pm
Posts: 90
Location: U.S.A
Post Re:
Mean1 wrote:
Ive always known Pikahu to be a male.



this is pretty much the same as me... never really thought about it just assumed it was a guy by his personality i guess and the way people act toward pikachu. i have no idea but yeah there probably was no gender at first but it seems that they kinda picked pikachu to be more masculine then feminine. i take the fact that he's always better with girl to make him more of a guy since guys always like girls i guess?... i think u get what i mean. i mean i cant really look at the first few epidsodes and see pikachu as a girl. it's just that television tends to have a lot of stereo types so they don't confuse the watcher and just make things easier so pikachu just kinda has that.

_________________
{espeon}


Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:04 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:10 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Findin Them Wild Snorlax's.
argh, Pikachu is genderless. Pikachu was Ash's pokemon before genders. It didnt just magically change when genders were introduced.

The tail would not suddenly change either, so no, that doesnt make it a boy. i have yet to see a D/P episode featuring any Pikachu with a dented tail, so not all gender differences are neccisarily in the Anime.

Pikachu is an It, as were all Pokemon caught in the Kanto region. If anyone wishes to prove me wrong on the D/P episodes, go ahead, but even though new pokemon have genders, I think the writers will keep Pikachu's gender in a grey area forever.

_________________
"If we start looking at what's the same instead of looking at what's different, well who knows"- - Meowth, Pokemon : The First Movie.


Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:38 am
Posts: 86
Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
Genders and gender differences existed in all generations, because Nidoran always had two genders and two different forms, which means Pikachu did exist when genders existed. That should mean, because Pikachu doesn't have a dent in its tail, that it is a boy. There was even a female Pikachu with a dent in its tail early in the 10th season. It's common sense Pikachu can't change genders, or that one female Pikachu would have a gender difference and another wouldn't, so I think it only makes sense for Pikachu to be a boy.

Also, whenever Pokémon are seen wearing clothes, it is always dressed in male clothing, when confirmed female Pokémon wear female clothing. And, of course, Dawn's Buneary (comfirmed to be a girl) has a crush on Pikachu.

_________________
{glaceon} {leafeon} {weavile} {sceptile} {charizard} {azelf} {mesprit} {uxie}


Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:38 pm
Posts: 27
Location: FC:3481-4897-3411
Jaredt222 wrote:
It is 100% a boy

Hell Yeah 100% BOY!!!!!!!!!


Sat May 09, 2009 11:07 am
Profile
is very close to getting banned
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 143
Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Kurusu Lapras wrote:
Genders and gender differences existed in all generations, because Nidoran always had two genders and two different forms, which means Pikachu did exist when genders existed. That should mean, because Pikachu doesn't have a dent in its tail, that it is a boy. There was even a female Pikachu with a dent in its tail early in the 10th season. It's common sense Pikachu can't change genders, or that one female Pikachu would have a gender difference and another wouldn't, so I think it only makes sense for Pikachu to be a boy.

Also, whenever Pokémon are seen wearing clothes, it is always dressed in male clothing, when confirmed female Pokémon wear female clothing. And, of course, Dawn's Buneary (comfirmed to be a girl) has a crush on Pikachu.


WTF is that logic? Nidoran F and M are two different pokemon. Gender differences are slight differences in the sprite of the pokemon from male to female. And no there were no genders in RBY with the exception of nidoran, and they're almost two different pokemon.

I'm tempted to say though, that they wouldn't change pikachu based on gender differences, but they might have made the flat tail female, and a notched tail male if the wanted Pikachu female.

Still I think buenery was dropping an obvious hint.

_________________
Image
Image
Platinum FC: 4425-7657-0399


Sat May 09, 2009 10:51 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 29, 2009 9:44 am
Posts: 2
I belive that pikachu is a boy but in the back of my head I have the picture of an episode where misty day-dreamed of ash's pikachu in a dress...although i'm pretty sure it's a boy...

_________________
****************************
Name: Legend
Platinum F.C: 4468 7063 0740


Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 7:07 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Missouri
Ash's Pikachu is male. Since Dawn's Buneary is female and LOVES Pikachu, I'm asuming Pikachu is male.

_________________
ImageImage Click here to feed me!


Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 6:34 am
Posts: 553
definetly male cause it's tail doesn't have a heart shape


Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 am
Profile
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:11 pm
Posts: 36
pokemon_god wrote:
definetly male cause it's tail doesn't have a heart shape

I think u mean a dent on the tail and I think its 100% male of course

_________________
It must be football season(:


Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:10 pm
Posts: 132
Location: Findin Them Wild Snorlax's.
No. Pikachu, along with every other Pokemon in the Anime, is genderless. If thats not proof enough, Frost said it: no genders in RBY=no gendered Pikachu.

_________________
"If we start looking at what's the same instead of looking at what's different, well who knows"- - Meowth, Pokemon : The First Movie.


Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Hold on, let me check my underwear...
Pikachu has to be male. Apart from the fact that Dawns Buneary has a crush on Pikachu I'm sure Ash calls Pikachu a male somewhere. I wouldn't know what episode tho if you want a specific episode. The fact that Pokemon had no genders in R/B/Y means nothing for the Anime

_________________
Image Credit to Saint_Jimmy ImageImage Credit to Electrike for the Milotic Pokeball Credit To Spritestory for the Plushie Monferno
Credit to Jaildog1962 for the awesome Lucario Avatar
Image Image Image Image


Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:50 am
Posts: 889
Location: Nova Scotia. Yeah, It exists.
Spitfire wrote:
Pikachu has to be male. Apart from the fact that Dawns Buneary has a crush on Pikachu I'm sure Ash calls Pikachu a male somewhere. I wouldn't know what episode tho if you want a specific episode. The fact that Pokemon had no genders in R/B/Y means nothing for the Anime


True, but, they never say anything about gender. Even when Buneary likes Pikachu, they refrain from saying any gender like "I think it likes Pikachu" or "I think Buneary likes Pikachu!" Never any mention of gender,

_________________
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/15p4jle.png[/img]
FC: Ryan 1462-9617-6058
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmq4lPe6KoI
friends FC black:0261 0441 3891


Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 pm
Posts: 20
Location: Hold on, let me check my underwear...
True, but, they never say anything about gender. Even when Buneary likes Pikachu, they refrain from saying any gender like "I think it likes Pikachu" or "I think Buneary likes Pikachu!" Never any mention of gender,[/quote]


Yeah, but then again you would believe that Pikachu is a male. I'm not really sure why though. And the first episode when Dawn's Buneary was brought into the episode it was swooning and acting really girly around Pikachu so that was a dead giveaway for sure

Spitfire

_________________
Image Credit to Saint_Jimmy ImageImage Credit to Electrike for the Milotic Pokeball Credit To Spritestory for the Plushie Monferno
Credit to Jaildog1962 for the awesome Lucario Avatar
Image Image Image Image


Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:05 am
Posts: 67
Location: United Kingdom
I would say its male, going by its voice

_________________
Image <- pokemon god
Platinum FC: 4168-2670-7464
Name: Chris


Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:23 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/acm/acm_apc.php on line 68: apc_store(): Potential cache slam averted for key '57a1085f_global'