My first Pokémon game was Yellow version

I played Red for about 15 minutes once

I have played Blue over a short period of time

Newest: Kangaskhan

Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

i had red {charizard} as my first one and i loved it now i play mystery dungeon darkness and it doesent fell the same :l

Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:32 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i was turning 7 in 1999 and i cant remember what the first pokemion game i had i had sega genesis but no pokemon but i like yellow b/c its red and blue and you get a pikachu to follow you *sweet* and fire red leaf grenn is ok i like emerald b/c its BEAST and diamonds ok i havent played it much i like crystal allot just beat the pokemon league i hacked pokemon oon my PSP ; ) i got all of them soo pokemon is awsome no doubt bout that

Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my first game was red it was fun
then i learned more about pokemon and the game differences and like the pokemon in red more then in blue
{charizard}

Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Red was my First game, And that was such fun!

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: In the Umbreon Guild, where you can get awesome avatars and fusions!
My first video game system ever was a gameboy color and my first game? Pokemon Yellow. I honor it by using my only legit mew in that game. I have one in every version (except Gold) that i bought, but they're all AR'ed or Sharked.

Thanks to Ender for the awesome signature.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:22 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

haha, blue version was my first game ever. got it for christmas when i was seven. i remember i was frustrated with it for quite some time because i couldn't get past the man blocking the road in viridian city. then my brother showed me how.
i was a dumb little kid XD

Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Krisp wrote:
No, because I wasn't three years old in 1999 like 90% of this forum. Gameboy Pocket was my second video game system.

Yellow Version was the first pokemon game I got, (besides stadium) and I got it when I was fourteen! Hah! What now?! :D

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:
Brick Wall Concerto

Last edited by The_Awesomeness on Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:16 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Yeah me too.
Hey wait isn't missing the cheat of Pokemon red and blue?
where u go to viridian city ask the old man he shows u a video the u keep the bag the item u want x99 in the 5th position then fly to cinnabar island and then a stone looking Pokemon comes and u beat it and then your item is x99
Am i right?

Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 am
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
Pokemon blue was the first game I ever had. That was the best game ever. It was like a brother to me... :violin:
But then, one dark and stormy night (yes, it was dark and stormy), it just wouldn't turn on, and when I finally got it to work, it said my save file was destroyed. Well, it was good while it lasted.
I remember when I started it, and was stuck in my room (the place where you start the game) for hours because I didn't know how to go downstairs. :oops:

Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: Tin Tower, Navel Rock, maybe I'm flapping right behind you.
Believe it or not, Leafgreen was my first game. I did get a bit interested in Pokémon before, but not nearly as much as today. My starter was Bulbasaur. {bulbasaur}

Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was in senior year of high school when Red and Blue were released in the US. You damn whippersnappers.

I never had the cartridges, but I played the ROMs a couple years later in my apartment. (I preferred Blue, and now I prefer LG over FR.) I had a bunch of stickers given to me by friends to tease me for liking the games, so I adorned my monitor with the original 151 in shiny foil, just to be girly.

Get off my lawn.

(S)ome dumb kids looked at Mewtwo and thought "Hey he can clone things and move objects with his mind and be weak to Ghost attacks, why can't I?" Because it is a freaking game!!! Not something you should actaully practice in real life!!!

Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:33 pm
Fails at life
Fails at life

My first game was Blue and I never did very well.

But my brothers first game was yellow and he did amazing

I would love to start again on Blue I just have to find it first.

I LIKE IT TO MUCH HERE

I'M BACK WELL TECHNICALLY I DID NOT LEAVE SO I AM NOW NOT LEAVING

Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:59 pm
Profile YIM
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I started on Blue! I wish I could find the cartidge and see what my first team was

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I was three when I got Pokemon Red, so of course I had no idea what I was doing. Those games had great memories...but whenever I play it again out of boredom, I'm often disappointed by it's inferiority to the new games. The only plus side is that it's a classic, and you could hack for Mews, you've gotta love the Mews. and Missigno, though my sister was the only one who did it, because it was apparently too complex for me at the time >> I remember she caught 'M once (on her Blue Version) and it did some crazy stuff to the people and...well..almost everything. Lucky for her she didn't save. Oh and bonus: it was at a funeral lol

Good times...good times.

Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

wow and I thought - I - was old XD I was 13 in 1999. So, yes, I started with the good old RED. I pay my respect to the cartridge by still playing the thing, even though I've beaten the E4 countless times, sort of messed it up by doing the MissingNO. trick etc.. I ALMOST have all 151 of them. I still need lik 6 or something.. but since nobody around here still plays Pokémon in general (let alone the old R/B/G/Y series) I can't find anyone to trade me the ones I'm missing (T_T)

Xx Raika {vaporeon}

Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:07 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I only liked one of the original 3, Yellow. I much prefer Emerald to any of the other games, I lost mine though :violin:, but I still have my FR and LG. I hate Ruby cause it's so horrible compared to Emerald. I am more of a Hoenn starter. When I play LG, I wish I could send over the 3 starters from Hoenn, cause they're so much better. On FR though, I start with chary, send over bagon, dratini, and aerodactyl after I get the national dex. I'm a dragon guy if you haven't guessed.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pokemon Blue was literally the first game I ever owned on any sort of system.
I remember getting my mom to read what it said because I was too young to do so.
Probably one of the major reasons for teaching me to read, actually.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quaiv wrote:
Pokemon Blue was literally the first game I ever owned on any sort of system.
I remember getting my mom to read what it said because I was too young to do so.
Probably one of the major reasons for teaching me to read, actually.

same here

and i was 7 back in 99.

lol- i remember playing my red version ( i had both ^^) on xmas break in hawii on the 2000 year celebration.

I remember i had a lv 87 flareon...

the game; however, is lost to time.

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:15 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I got red and my brother got blue. We had to share the gameboy though. Good times... Being forced to share yellow, however, now that was irritating.

We would swap games occasionally, but red was always the one that called to me. Charmander was always my fav. So cute!

I have leaf green as well, but it just really isn't the same. The graphics may have sucked, but it was still just about as original as pokemon was ever going to get. Hoenn is still my favorite region, though (Kanto comes in at third, after Johto!).

Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I didn't start with Red or Blue, but I did start with Yellow and I loved my Pickachu dearly. I got the other two later and now own all of the version games that have been released up to date. (excluding HGSS)

Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i got both blue and red for christmas and beat them both in two weeks time and i still play them every once in a while (i still have my GBC) AND IT STILL WORKS!!!!!!

Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:39 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My first was yellow version, i didnt get red and blue until later. i think that the first ones were the best, because the story was original. i still love all of the pokemon games, but their just not the same as when i first played my first pokemon game. oh well. :)

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Blue was my first, by far my favorite. I'm currently replaying red version :D better than firered/leafgreen :p

Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Red was first one I got, believe I was 8 when it came out. Blue is cooler though.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next