It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Team of Midnight (Advanced RP) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet grabbed the old man by the shoulder. "Did you say Team Psych? Tell me what you know about!" Jet then stared at the flames from the explosoin. Your not ruining anymore lives.

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:29 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence was about to backhand this guy, but maybe he could've done him a favour.

Spence removed the guy's hand from his shoulder, "Tell you what; take me to a bar, buy me a drink, and then maybe I'll let you in on what I know."

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:38 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Russ watched as the train station burst into flames, listened to the roar of the fire engines and ambulances.

"That was a bit too big. It would seem that they were carrying some extra ordinance on this load." He thought quietly to himself.

He felt a pang of grief over those who had just died... not all had needed to die, he had prepared for this, and had felt it before... but it still bothered him deeply. Why did there always have to be bystanders in war? why did the enemy have to mix their shipments with the innocent and the unknowing.

He knew that psyche had been relying on the train heavily in the past months for shipping supplies, weapons, pokemon, and fuel. Probably gearing up for another massive counter-insurgency operation. Russ deeply hoped that his would throw their logistics department into confusion for a few weeks, and hopefully they would run out of room to store the equipment they would have otherwise shipped. These thoughts gave him some support, and allowed him to recover somewhat from his grief, though not completely.

"Now if only I had people to swoop in and grab the excess" he thought "Hopefully someone else will be able to make use of it."

After a bit more "shopping" he left the pokemart and decided to look for a decent bar, he didn't want a shady place, too many thugs in them these days.

As he walked, he noted the response of the crowd over by the train station, some turning back to their normal business while others looked on as the fire department battled the flames.

Eventually Russ found a decent looking bar, paused for a vehicle to drive past, and then walked to the other side of the street and entered.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:19 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet nodded. "Alright, I know where one is." Jet looked at the old man. If he is a loony just wanting a drink, he is a deadman. Jet headed towards the bar. "Follow me."

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX noticed a restauraunt and began to walk to it, directing James and Umbreon to follow. As he continued...

BOOM

DX instictivly dropped to the ground, covering his neck. He slowly got up and stared at the wreckage. He thought about how, if they hadn't been so quick to leave the trian, they'd be dead right now. He looked over at James.

"Psych."

Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy took a step back and looked straight at the sound. "What the---" He ran a few steps back. "Are you kidding me?? We just got here and this stuff is already starting up!" He clenched his fists and looked around at the people cowering. Figures this kinda thing would happen in a place as big as Saffron... He looked down to see Umbreon cowering from the sound. He set his hand on its head. "Calm down...remember...stay alert." Umbreon slowly nodded and stood again, looking around.

Jimmy helped up DX. "Are you okay? That blast was pretty hefty...we should check it out." Jimmy turned to face the explosion, waiting for an answer.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000277476380 Let's be friends?

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:32 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence walked into the gloomy bar behind the guy. This place was perfect for Spence. Dim lights, smoking allowed, small, not so many people.

They had walked up to the bartender. Spence sat down onto a barstool, "Two beers, thanks. He's paying." He pointed over to Jet with a slight grin. When the drink was served, Spence took the schooner and sculled it right down. Finished, he had placed the glass down, wiping his face with his sleeve. He made the hand gesture for another one, "You better get me drunk. You owe me that at least for knocking me down, right?"

He took out a smoke and begun to light it, "What's your name anyway? And what do you want to know about Psych?"

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet laughed. "The names Jet. Psych took away my life, the Elite Four. I am the last member right now. All the others aren't as lucky as me. Team Psych came in and wanted our pokemon due to them being the best of the best. I'm the only one that escaped." Jet took a sip of his drink. "So what do you know about them?"

Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence had a draw before taking another drink, "Jet, huh? Cool name. I thought you looked familiar... Kinda look like Lance, sorta."

"So, Psych went after the Elite Four for pokemon, huh? Well, I don't know if you already knew, but Psych has a tendency for creating 'unnatural pokemon', cloned versions of the strongest pokemon alive..." he drank some more, "Because of them, legendaries such as Suicune, Zapdos, Regirock and the like are pretty common, you can tell because of their colour schemes if you've seen the real thing, otherwise some are indistinguishable. The existence of these many pokemon created had upset the natural balance of the world, wiping out many pokemon not strong enough to stand the major change. You know, the storms, rain that would go on for days at end? These pokemon... They're not like other real pokemon, they're... Well, the best way to describe them is that they have 'no heart'."

"You said you're the only one who escaped? So..." he took another drink, "You're kinda like me, then. I was in an incident involving Psych, too, before they dominated the world, almost 40 years ago. It seems I was the only survivor as well..."

Spence finished his second drink, beginning to smoke again.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Weird, I assumed they were after our pokemon, so maybe they wanted to just wipe us out. Well, if you trying to take them out, I'm with ya. But if they are cloning all those legendary pokemon, what if they get their hands on the legendary Groundon or something huge." Jet finished his drink. "By the way, are you trying to take them out by yourself?"

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:10 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX nodded. He walked towards the scene of the explosion. People had been thrown horrible distences, with only a select few of these surviving. Everything was covered in black soot, including the remains of the trian and the tracks. DX heard coughing and turned his head in that direction. A little boy and his mother were covered in soot, and the boy was having trouble breathing with the soot still hanging heavily in the air. DX rain over.

He was about to ask if the boy was alright, but that would be kind of stupid, so he kneeled down beside him. DX sent out Togepi.

"Use heal bell." He said. Togepi released a chiming sound that caused the boy to cough heavily until he spat out a cloud of soot.

"Try and get him inside or away from here, anywhere where there's less soot." DX said. The women nodded and thanked him before running off with her son. DX looked over at the wreckage.

"Look for survivors. If you find somebody, let me know."

DX hurried around, trying to find people that he could help.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Actually, you're right. They were after your pokemon, and to lessen the threat the Elite Four could have become."

Spence's eyes widened as he heard the name 'Groudon', "Groudon... I have no idea... I know that Aqua was helped by retrieving Kyogre, though..." Groudon, he would have to look for it.

Putting his smoke out in the ashtray, he stood up, "Taking them out, huh? Who said I was doing that?" he chuckled, "You don't even know who I am, do you?" unless he had a good look at the wanted posters, sure. Spence wasn't about to reveal his identity in a place like this.

Suddenly, outside you could hear thunder crash, and then the rain started to come.

"Here we go again..." he looked toward the door, almost frowning, "I have a theory... Anytime it starts to pour, after a thunderbolt strikes; a new pokemon is created of Sin."

It was then that he saw a familiar face walk into the bar. It was that guy who bumped into him before, that boarded the train. Spence walked up, "Hey, guy. You bumped into me at Celadon? I didn't see you leave the train when we got off. I'm glad you're alright." He placed his left hand onto the handle of the sheath's blade, just somewhere to place it as he stood, "Say, what do you do here in Saffron anyway? Work? Or just travelling?"

He wouldn't have been so interested if he didn't have those beers.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy chased after DX. "Hey, wait up!" He raced along as the rain started to pur. He cursed silently to himself. I hate rain... He looked back every now and then to see if Umbreon were still there; He was. "Good thing i didn't call out Charmeleon...haha." He looked around and saw most people had cleared out due to the horrendoues weather. "Hey buddy, what do you say we find a room after this? We can't bvery well do this 'Save the World' routine with Pneumonia, can we?" He chuckled a bit and returned Umbreon to its ball.

Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:09 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet stared at the other guy the old guy was talking to. Jet noticed the old guyss hand on a sheath. Good thing I am in the mood for a bar fight. "I'll take another drink." The bartender gave Jet the beer. Jet took a sip. He started whistling. Jet saw the thugs he saw earlier come in with six other guys. One them pointed at Jet.

"There he is, get him!" The eight thugs ran at him. Tables got tipped over and people got knocked down.
Jet knew he was outnumbered in a closed area.

"See you later Old Man!" Jet doged them and rushed out the door with the thugs right behind him.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

In the distance Matt thought he could see a group of thugs chasing a man out of what he was told was the old tavern. He thought on what to do afterall he still had plans to fulfill.
"Ah whatever."
He darted off in their direction hoping to cut them off at some point. I hate guys like this! Gradually, he was nearing them.
"Hey!" HE called to the man being chased. "Do you need help?"

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:25 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Huh? 'Old man'...?"

The last of the thugs chasing Jet bumped into Spence. Enough was enough. He caught the guy and threw him onto the floor, knocking him unconscious. "Seriously, damn it..." he swore.

Spence would've gone out to help Jet, but if he was really once apart of the Elite Four, he doubted he would needed any help to deal with a few thugs. And besides, Jet called him an old man.

No help for you then, ya little bastard... he thought, almost offended. But now he had no one to buy him anymore drinks, so he was kinda screwed...

Spence was actually debating on whether to help Jet or not now.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX nodded to Jimmy's comment. The explosion would have killed most of them anyway, and ambulences were already arriving.

"They'll handle it. I'm still starving. There's a restaraunt next to that bar over there. Let's go."

DX walked towards the restaraunt, ignoring the fight that had begun to break out. It's none of my buisness, he figured.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((what happened to SS?))

"Interesting that you would remember little old me just for running into you, I seem to remember you though."

Russ was a bit shaken that somebody had recognized him, even more so now that the man's hand rested idly on a sheath. He decided to respond by casually folding his arms, right near his shoulder holster. He tried not to let his tension show, and decided to try playing this conversation out.

"Too bad about the train, I was running a small shipment for somebody, Can't say anything about it of course, my employer wants to keep that sort of thing low profile, and I barley know the guy, but you know how it is, when a chance for a job comes these days you take it, no matter what kind of a deal it is. I was planning to return to Celadon later this week, but It looks like I'm stranded here for a while, unless of course I decide to fly, which of course has it's own risks these days."

Taking a seat at the bar, Russ gestured out the window at the thugs running after the guy.

"Those sort of guys are the scum society's be reduced to eh? they're half the problem these days you know, can't get anything done with a bunch of Impoverished beast running around trying to take anything from anybody."

Russ turned to the bartender.

"I'll take a hard cider if you please."

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy noddd and put on his hat, hoping to keep his head dry. He repeated to himself: "I hate the rain..." As they walked. He held his arm out a bit in front of him, used to walking with his cane. He subtly tucked it back and looked away to see where DX was looking. "Well now, a fight is it?" He smiled as if he planned to join in. It soon turned to a frown as he reckonized that it was a group of Rocket Thugs. He stood, confused. Should he stop them? If it were him, he'd have done the same thing, and even if he'd wanted to stop them, none would believe him to be a fellow, or by now, a former Rocket. He shrugged it off and put the thought to the back of his mind as the two came to the restaraunt.

as soon as the door had been opened, a burst of delicious smells had filled his nose. "Glorious!" He laughed and raised his arms in a mock surprise. It may not have been cuisine, but hey, food was food in this world. There was no complaining. After a few minutes of waiting, the two were seated and eating whatever they'd ordered. "Well then, this trip turned out to be worth while afterall. Hahaha!"

Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet grinned. Ah, the open. Jet turned around and did a spinning heel kick on one of the thugs. "Whoo! Come on, isn't this a little unfair." Jet elbowed a thug rushing at him and saw two guys asking if Jet needed help. "Sure , more the merrier. A thug cheap shotted Jet from behind with a club. Jet retaliated with a sweep and stepped on the guys face, breaking the thugs nose. Jet shook his head. "Bad move ese."

Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:22 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DX smiled. The food was good, though not as good as what his mother used to make. She had fresher basic ingredients, which are far more important then any spices. This food was far from bad, though. DX noticed a familiar face coming to them.

"Is that you, DX?" He said. DX did recognize him. A while after his parents returned from their trip, this man had come to there home. He had lost a family member or a pokemon or something, he couldn't remember. Regardless, he had come to have the body buried, and he recognized his parents and visited. Apparently they had come here for all their meals three days in a row.

"Oh, I remember you. So this is your restaraunt." DX replied.

"Yes. How's your family doing?"

"Well, the farm isn't doing quite as well as when you came. But it's working. I'm just trying to find a way we can get by should the farm stop...working."

"Ah. A shame. You grew such great food, vegetables, especially. You must not have much money. How about the meal you're eating and a desert, all on the house?"

"Really? Oh, that'd be great. Thanks."

"Oh, and this must be a friend of yours."

"Yes. Will his meal be free, as well?"

"Of course. He has good taste in friends. Well, here's a desert menu."

"Thanks."

The man walked off. DX realised that he didn't know the man's name. Oh well. He proceeded to eat his food.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jimmy looked back and forth from the man to DX intruigingly. While the two spoke, he subtly slipped to sticks of bread into his coat pocket. Better bring some home for the troops...they'll be hungry. He smiled at the man when he was handed a menu and thanked him graciously for the meal and dessert. He looked over the menu and peaked over the top at DX. "He was a nice man. Friend of the family?" He looked over the menu again for a few minutes and peaked back. "I do apologize for your farm though. I'd offer our help but...it may give you a bad reputation to keep Rockets around..." He dabbed at his mouth and a mockingly sophisticated fashion. The man soon came back and greeted the two. Jimmy gave him a polite smile and let him know what dessert he wanted.

Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence listened to the man, walking up beside his chair. He would've sat down if he had anymore money, but he had given it to charity a while back, to DX.

"...But it's a bit like that for them, too, ya know? Some people still can't commune with the current government. Some probably won't ever forgive them for what they've done. They figure that they can't do anything else, so they rebel and steal because they think that's like 'taking back' from the community, their something that was lost. Homes, family, friends... It's all about revenge, I guess..." he didn't know what he was on about, but it made sense to him, and besides, Jimmy was once a Rocket, "Not that I sympathize or anything. Team Rocket still pisses me off, and it is the wrong way to go about it."

Spence crossed his arms, thinking out loud, "Besides, I don't think Rocket were the ones to blow up that station. If anyone, I'd think it was someone pulling strings from the top brass. Of course, they wouldn't send one of their own people to do the dirty work... Probably an outsider perhaps, someone who, would they be caught, couldn't be connected to Psych at all..."

"Well, I don't have anymore money, so I better be off..." he turned, "Maybe I'll talk to you again someday." He waved to his side at the guy before heading out.

It was time to see that contact.

((Would it be alright if I control your employer, meet at the bar, and give Russ his next task?))

Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Jet looked at all the thugs on the ground. "I may as well find the old guy, doubt he is still in the bar." He turned to the kid wanting to help him. "What's your name kid?"

Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:56 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Matt looked up at the man with a surprised expression.
"Umm...I'm Matt. It looks like you have everything here covered though. Where'd you learn to do all that?"
He looked around in an awkward fashion and back at the man. He was slightly jealous of the man's obvious fighting skill but Matt still took confidence in his pokemon over all else. This helped his ego much more than anything else.

Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next