It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Should Cuddles buy PMD2? 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ok, i havent been to this forum for a while... oh how i miss my mystery dungeon (1) days... things seemed so much more innocent then lol..... pokemon are so much "cuter" in that game :lol:

anyway, PMD2 has finally come out in australia, and i'm wondering if i should get it. i wanted to ask some questions, but there didnt seem to be a PMD2 sticky, so im sorry if these shouldnt go here. but here goes.....

1) how "similar" is it to the first PMD? ie will it pretty much be almost identical, but with about 100 extra pokemon to catch?
2) does it still take like hours and hours and hours just to level something up to a high enough level to evolve?

i guess im asking mainly because i tend to get obsessive with games i start playing, and if it takes even longer to complete my pokedex in PMD2 than it did in PMD1, then i might need to stay away from it.

but i loved the cute storylines/themes/etc from PMD1.

what do people suggest? who liked it? who disliked it?

Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yes, Cuddles should buy PMD2.It's a great game. I truly reccomend it.

{pidgeot} {swellow} {staraptor}-Superbird

Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Cuddles should get it. not only does it have a nice long engrossing storyline, but afterwards theres a semi long post storyline roughly about one third the length of ofPMD1's storyline. Pokemon get more abilities, Some legendaries join automatically, you can be any starter character no matter what gender you are. Legendaries like Dialga and Palkia have special unique music. With the Golden mask and other special objects, its easier to collect more pokemon without the hassle of them possibly NOT joining your team. unlike PMD1, there are really cool itemslike the golden seed that lvl you up by FIVE instead of 1. Wonder gummies are loved by all pokemon and give a lot of IQ points to them. All dungeons (except for a couple zero isle dungeons) are at a maximum of 50 lvls so your not taking forever to get down 99 lvls to fight a single pokemon, and have it NOT join you (im looking at YOU, mewtwo). Not to mentipn EVERY pokemon has a portrait now. These are just points that i found interesting. you may or may not like it. its up to you. im glad that i got it though

You Jump Off The Bridge, Then Ima miss your Sorry Butt

Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:53 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

cuddles should get whatever makes him feel good....but yes i would suggest it i love the story line and loved the little animation of it they showed on cartoon network lol

Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:01 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

It's an excellent game, in almost all respects.

Only problem is yea, it takes forevzors to level up at higher lvls. Of course you can search wonder mail golden seed passwords...

hehe.
But being super high lvl before the storyline is over is kinda unfun. so I suggest getting it, playing it through, then either restart and wondermailcheat or just have fun.

Replayability after all chapters and post-game is a little low though.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:38 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was wondering the same as Cuddles, and I'm very thankful for every comment posted. I can see PMD2 is ton times better than the first one, and I really enjoyed the new storyline (mostly what attracted me). It's good to know of all these new features, which lacked on the first game and made it so much more annoying and difficult.

I'm personally happy that most dungeons don't exceed 50 floors. And I loved that all Pokémon have a portrait, hehe.

Thanks for this topic. But isn't there anyone out there who thinks this game is not worthy of purchasing?

Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]