It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 hm. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Post hm.
i twitch a bit. every once and a while, especially if it's very quiet, my head jerks or my leg shakes.

i play with my feet. i only wear shoes and socks if i have to, i crack my toes.

i twirl my hair, usually when i'm angry, nervous, thinking, anxious, or just uncomfortable. if i get lost in a store for the hundredth time, my hair will be flying around at 90 miles an hour when i finally find you.

i run back and forth. from the room i'm in, to the kitchen. i never get tired of it, i've been doing it since i was little. surprisingly, i'm the slowest runner in my gym class.

i think there's another one, but i forgot what it was.

what about you?

and on a semi-related note, i play with building blocks. but then i have to take a nap afterward because it wears me out. srsly.

Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My back cracks terribly, I like it...

I can't keep still for any more than 15 seconds

I do a lot of daydreaming, and I often do it during exams, several times I've been halfway through a test of some sort, fall into a trance, and come out of it 5 minutes before the end, and have to scribble down the last marks....

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:01 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm one of the very few people I know who actually pace when stressed or thinking hard.

I play with my hair too, but I try to hide it. Usually only when my hair or nails grow long, and depending on which is long depends on how I play with it. It's also dependent on how my hair grows. : I've actually tried to consciously stop this, but I can't. It feels good for whatever reason.

Sometimes my eyes involuntarily move quickly side to side (~10x/sec). As time goes on, the frequency of this increases and happens only when I try to focus on new objects that are either at a different distance from the last or change from stationary to moving. I hear this can be a degenerative or congenital disease and some people go legally blind from this. It might just be in my head though.

When I'm barefoot in the house on bare floor, more often than not I walk on my tip-toes. My ex did this as well, and I always thought that was cute. :(

I think that those are all the physical quirks to my personality, if that is what the subject requests.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:17 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

DatVu wrote:
I'm one of the very few people I know who actually pace when stressed or thinking hard.

I do this all the time, it's actually kinda annoying once I realize that I'm doing it.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:47 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I actually like it; I just wish I could think as clearly when sitting or write down what I think when I do it.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:42 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I go outside to sniff the air after it rains because I like the smell of wet dirt.

There are times when I feel absolutely compelled to stretch for about five minutes.

Leather couches make me very sleepy.

I tend to ask strange questions to whomever happens to be near me when a random thought enters my mind.

I keep my hands busy fiddling with different things because I don't know what else to do with them.

Voice acting and singing are my two favorite things to do when I'm driving.

aaaaaaaaaaaaand stuff.

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i walk on my tip-toes, too.

i chew on pretty much everything within reaching distance of me. plastic toys, my ID, wrappers, headphone cords, you name it. i've stopped chewing on the gamecube controller cords, though, because it hurts.

Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
when i walk by a dead street and i hear a car coming i feel the need to run after the car. like chase it

i make myself shiver down my spine, aperently thats odd since noone else seems to be able to do so. and they call me a liar

im watching tv and it gets to a commercial and i get up, bow to the couch in an honourable fasion and beat the living stuffing out of it. for no reason. at all, it has happened more time than i can count.

i sing to myself at work. the album of my work includes dragostai din tei: by ozone, im walking in the rain: by blood for blood, and somebody to love: by queen.

i walk around the house catologing my different voices. i currently can do 158 different voices which i tape using my tape recorder.

i do cheesey impressions of cheap youtube videos like the lazar collection and this is SPARTA the remix

Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I constantly quote shows, movies, videos, or songs.

I finger tap guitar covers all the time.

I always move.

I pop my toes often.

I talk to myself to solve problems I have in real life.

I like just being around people.

I laugh a lot.

I write down almost everything because I feel I need to remember it.

I sometimes feel like being a smart ass to everybody.

Ummmm..... something else, something else.....

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:15 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i think that every person who drives by me is going to shoot. when i'm walking home from school, i almost go into a panic when a car comes by, but i can never will myself to run.

i'm some kind of freak of nature.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:44 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I laugh when I shouldn't.

Making people angry is fun.

Messing with people's minds is fun.

Watching others being mad is fun.

Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:16 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Valentine wrote:
i twitch a bit. every once and a while, especially if it's very quiet, my head jerks or my leg shakes.

i play with my feet. i only wear shoes and socks if i have to, i crack my toes.

i twirl my hair, usually when i'm angry, nervous, thinking, anxious, or just uncomfortable. if i get lost in a store for the hundredth time, my hair will be flying around at 90 miles an hour when i finally find you.

i run back and forth. from the room i'm in, to the kitchen. i never get tired of it, i've been doing it since i was little. surprisingly, i'm the slowest runner in my gym class.

i think there's another one, but i forgot what it was.

what about you?

and on a semi-related note, i play with building blocks. but then i have to take a nap afterward because it wears me out. srsly.

i think that every person who drives by me is going to shoot. when i'm walking home from school, i almost go into a panic when a car comes by, but i can never will myself to run.

i chew on pretty much everything within reaching distance of me. plastic toys, my ID, wrappers, headphone cords, you name it. i've stopped chewing on the gamecube controller cords, though, because it hurts.

What the hell? You must be my clone or something, femalised.

Like in Doctor Who :D

Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I always feel like moving some part of my body when I'm listening to music, usually I'm tapping my fingers to the beat.

I listen to other people when they think I'm not listening. It's amazing what kind of stuff those people-you-know-but-are-not-friends-with will talk about when I'm sitting right next to them. I know a lot about some people's private stuff. :D
I guess they think I can't hear them when I'm listening to music with my mp3, but actually I may turn down the volume just to listen to their conversations. ;P

I notice all kinds of little things, but just pretend I don't (for example if someone's dropped or forgotten something). I'll just wait till someone else notices them. I just somehow never feel like telling people about them.
Another thing like that is that even if I remember something I was supposed to do, I often don't do it and just say I forgot.

I, too, like biting and chewing stuff, but I don't chew anything related to electronic things (this includes also my DS's stylus), usually something like plastic lollipop sticks.

I like to scratch the back of my head, it feels surprisingly nice (I'm like some freakin' cat :P).

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:58 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere in time. following your life. plotting to control you.
dang i'm like a compalation of everyone here except i don't chew on things or run from the kitchen to the living room XD

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mewtwelve wrote:

I listen to other people when they think I'm not listening. It's amazing what kind of stuff those people-you-know-but-are-not-friends-with will talk about when I'm sitting right next to them. I know a lot about some people's private stuff. :D
I guess they think I can't hear them when I'm listening to music with my mp3, but actually I may turn down the volume just to listen to their conversations. ;P

Yay! I'm not the only person to do this! :D

My very best friend in the whole world is a voice in my head of a black lady, named Voice, that's been in there since I was ten. She's like my conscious, only more naggy, she helps me with my homework, and if I'm depressed, she'll tell me dirty jokes till I feel better.

I've gotten into a bad habit of talking to myself out loud, especially in the car, when I'm alone.
And it's really silly too; like I'll tell myself jokes, and laugh at the jokes, or I'll tell myself a scary story, and get scared, and then enjoy the fact that I just scared me.

And because if the above, I've developed a horrible fear that my family will find out and have me committed to a mental hospital, so I desperately try to keep it to myself, and sometimes drive down to the docks, at the end of our road, just to go and be myself.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i squeeze my arm a lot. not hard enough that it's a pinch or it hurts, it calms me a bit. when i'm doing work in school, my left hand is always squeezing the inside of my elbow (called the wagina!), when i'm standing up, it squeezes the skin near it.

i'm just listing things as i notice them.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lol, wagina.....

I do this thing with my nose where I..... move it and it pushes my glasses back up on my nose. I tried to stop because it looks stupid.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:10 pm
Profile YIM
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

When I'm talking to people, sometimes I'll start circling around objects like tables and couches for no real reason. This happens most often when I'm talking to someone over the phone.

If and when my hair grows long enough to the point where I have bangs that go down over my forehead, I'll often start brushing it out of the way frantically. After it's all out of the way, I instantly ruse it all back down and repeat the process. Really irritating, yet I keep doing it.

I've noticed over the years that my mouth sometimes drops open and I don't realize it. So I end up walking around all day with my mouth open like I'm about to catch a frisbee with it. Eventually the moment comes where I realize it's been open all that time and I try to nonchalantly shut it. This is worse when I realize it's been because someone starts staring awkwardly at my face.

I pace only when I'm really freaked out, i.e. broke something valuable and pondering over whether or not to report it to the owner.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Registeel_Rocks wrote:
When I'm talking to people, sometimes I'll start circling around objects like tables and couches for no real reason. This happens most often when I'm talking to someone over the phone.

If and when my hair grows long enough to the point where I have bangs that go down over my forehead, I'll often start brushing it out of the way frantically. After it's all out of the way, I instantly ruse it all back down and repeat the process. Really irritating, yet I keep doing it.

I've noticed over the years that my mouth sometimes drops open and I don't realize it. So I end up walking around all day with my mouth open like I'm about to catch a frisbee with it. Eventually the moment comes where I realize it's been open all that time and I try to nonchalantly shut it. This is worse when I realize it's been because someone starts staring awkwardly at my face.

I pace only when I'm really freaked out, i.e. broke something valuable and pondering over whether or not to report it to the owner.

I circle tables and stuff too. When I'm in physical conversations, I sometimes walk so far away I can't be heard. I try to stop but I get bored.

Even with my hair short, I still brush my bangs to the right and brush them back down, continuously.

The mouth thing sounds familiar too, except I usually don't notice it because others are staring at me.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile YIM
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I sing 80's songs in the shower,car,class,and before I sleep. Top that.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Quote:
im watching tv and it gets to a commercial and i get up, bow to the couch in an honourable fasion and beat the living stuffing out of it. for no reason. at all, it has happened more time than i can count.

That made me lol.

I am in torture every night. Every night, before I go to bed, I must read something. It doesn't matter what it is, but I can't seem to go to sleep without doing it. And I hate reading. A lot.

Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I tend to pace when I'm angry, sad, drunk, or on the phone.

I also like to fix up my hair, making myself look good and checking myself out, before I go to bed.

:wink:

Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:11 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Crunchy wrote:
I also like to fix up my hair, making myself look good and checking myself out, before I go to bed.

You're so vain. You probably think this thread is about you.

Don't you?

;p

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have this habit/twitch of looking over my left shoulder. I did it while this page was loading. I also have another habit/twitch of widening my eyes, and one of my friends keeps pointing it out, but I pretend I don't. :X
(And I actually heard people in front of me saying "He's always looking over his left shoulder as if someone's going to kill him. [Someone else]: Who? [First Guy]: Him *does a little point behind him*)

And I'm always pushing my glasses up my face, I hate them not being at my nose. I get cuts from doing it so much.

I cannot STAND my hair being messy. Even when I'm alone.

If ever I'm on my own in my house, and the phone rings, I think it's going to be someone saying "I'm upstairs and I'm going to get you".

(This next one is strange to me. :/)

I was going to school after my lunch, and a car drove up, and I thought I heard a scream. I didn't look back. Then I started to think "Well, what happened? Did someone get shot!?". I looked back and nothing happened. ;P

But for the rest of the day I thought I'd get shot.

I can't go to bed without something to eat. And I have to eat it IN bed, not before.

Yes, I'm very twitchy. :(

Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Kurushel wrote:
Crunchy wrote:

You're so vain. You probably think this thread is about you.

Don't you?

Chunchy actually prompted me to download this song. Stop reading my mind.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next