It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Ash's Pikachu; Boy or Girl 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Post Re:
-Night- wrote:
I always thought it was female, but if the new episodes go by the gender differences in appearance, then it would be male

They do go by gender differences. In the treasure hunter episode, there were 2 kinds of combees: male combees/ {combee} and female combees ( the one with the read dot). Therefore there are gender differences. The female Pikachu's tail is bent, a male's is straight {pikachu}. So Ash's Pikachu is male.

Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:48 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Your point still isn't logical because Pikachu existed before gender differences, or even genders altogether, and it wouldn't make sense to have pikachu's tail be straight in one episode, and bent in the next just because somebody at Game Freak got the idea for gender differences.

Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:00 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I agree with 3saster in the episode he mentioned there were male & female Combees depicted exactly like in the games, so by default Pikachu has to be male and everyone that thinks Pikachu is female might be infuenced by the fact that a chick is Pikachu's VA in Japan & USA. I also want to point out that in Tanks for the Memories Pikachu & Turtwig are embarased to be in a maid's outfit.

Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I personally always thought that Pikachu was a female. In one episode Ash fights this kid that also has a Pikachu, and its voice is different, kind of deeper than Ash's. It also has a kind of spiked hair think going on. I'm going to stick with Pikachu being a girl... Buneary can be male, who knows perhaps Dawn's Buneary is a boy?

Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:07 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

pikachu's a boy I'm pretty sure of that and for the spiky hair pikachu thing they prolly did it to make richie's pikachu unique.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:10 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

100% boy dawn buneary has a crush on Pikachu and buneary is a girl confirmed

Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere in time. following your life. plotting to control you.
pikachu is a boy. but some ppl thought that the one in yellow was a girl. what the heck is up with that?

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I've always thought of {pikachu} as a boy, .... but I swear Ash and Pikachu are in love with each other

Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:40 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

congratulatins! its a boy! :lol:

Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:55 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I say boy, because the buneary had a crush on pikachu and im pretty sure buneary is a girl. Although they do tend to say "it" a lot.

Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Its a guy. Look at the tail its a male's pikachu tail, if it was a female it would have a heart shaped tail.

And I know, the gender differnce didn't happen till D/P but according to the tail thing its a male.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:45 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Post Re:
Mean1 wrote:
Ive always known Pikahu to be a male.

this is pretty much the same as me... never really thought about it just assumed it was a guy by his personality i guess and the way people act toward pikachu. i have no idea but yeah there probably was no gender at first but it seems that they kinda picked pikachu to be more masculine then feminine. i take the fact that he's always better with girl to make him more of a guy since guys always like girls i guess?... i think u get what i mean. i mean i cant really look at the first few epidsodes and see pikachu as a girl. it's just that television tends to have a lot of stereo types so they don't confuse the watcher and just make things easier so pikachu just kinda has that.

Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:04 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

argh, Pikachu is genderless. Pikachu was Ash's pokemon before genders. It didnt just magically change when genders were introduced.

The tail would not suddenly change either, so no, that doesnt make it a boy. i have yet to see a D/P episode featuring any Pikachu with a dented tail, so not all gender differences are neccisarily in the Anime.

Pikachu is an It, as were all Pokemon caught in the Kanto region. If anyone wishes to prove me wrong on the D/P episodes, go ahead, but even though new pokemon have genders, I think the writers will keep Pikachu's gender in a grey area forever.

Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:46 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I am inside your soul. It's actually really comfortable in here.
Genders and gender differences existed in all generations, because Nidoran always had two genders and two different forms, which means Pikachu did exist when genders existed. That should mean, because Pikachu doesn't have a dent in its tail, that it is a boy. There was even a female Pikachu with a dent in its tail early in the 10th season. It's common sense Pikachu can't change genders, or that one female Pikachu would have a gender difference and another wouldn't, so I think it only makes sense for Pikachu to be a boy.

Also, whenever Pokémon are seen wearing clothes, it is always dressed in male clothing, when confirmed female Pokémon wear female clothing. And, of course, Dawn's Buneary (comfirmed to be a girl) has a crush on Pikachu.

Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:05 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Jaredt222 wrote:
It is 100% a boy

Hell Yeah 100% BOY!!!!!!!!!

Sat May 09, 2009 11:07 am
is very close to getting banned

Location: Hiding in that dark corner of the room, waiting for you to drop your gaurd.
Kurusu Lapras wrote:
Genders and gender differences existed in all generations, because Nidoran always had two genders and two different forms, which means Pikachu did exist when genders existed. That should mean, because Pikachu doesn't have a dent in its tail, that it is a boy. There was even a female Pikachu with a dent in its tail early in the 10th season. It's common sense Pikachu can't change genders, or that one female Pikachu would have a gender difference and another wouldn't, so I think it only makes sense for Pikachu to be a boy.

Also, whenever Pokémon are seen wearing clothes, it is always dressed in male clothing, when confirmed female Pokémon wear female clothing. And, of course, Dawn's Buneary (comfirmed to be a girl) has a crush on Pikachu.

WTF is that logic? Nidoran F and M are two different pokemon. Gender differences are slight differences in the sprite of the pokemon from male to female. And no there were no genders in RBY with the exception of nidoran, and they're almost two different pokemon.

I'm tempted to say though, that they wouldn't change pikachu based on gender differences, but they might have made the flat tail female, and a notched tail male if the wanted Pikachu female.

Still I think buenery was dropping an obvious hint.

Sat May 09, 2009 10:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I belive that pikachu is a boy but in the back of my head I have the picture of an episode where misty day-dreamed of ash's pikachu in a dress...although i'm pretty sure it's a boy...

Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm
Profile YIM
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Ash's Pikachu is male. Since Dawn's Buneary is female and LOVES Pikachu, I'm asuming Pikachu is male.

Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:15 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

definetly male cause it's tail doesn't have a heart shape

Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:41 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

pokemon_god wrote:
definetly male cause it's tail doesn't have a heart shape

I think u mean a dent on the tail and I think its 100% male of course

Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:30 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No. Pikachu, along with every other Pokemon in the Anime, is genderless. If thats not proof enough, Frost said it: no genders in RBY=no gendered Pikachu.

Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:23 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Pikachu has to be male. Apart from the fact that Dawns Buneary has a crush on Pikachu I'm sure Ash calls Pikachu a male somewhere. I wouldn't know what episode tho if you want a specific episode. The fact that Pokemon had no genders in R/B/Y means nothing for the Anime

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:39 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Spitfire wrote:
Pikachu has to be male. Apart from the fact that Dawns Buneary has a crush on Pikachu I'm sure Ash calls Pikachu a male somewhere. I wouldn't know what episode tho if you want a specific episode. The fact that Pokemon had no genders in R/B/Y means nothing for the Anime

True, but, they never say anything about gender. Even when Buneary likes Pikachu, they refrain from saying any gender like "I think it likes Pikachu" or "I think Buneary likes Pikachu!" Never any mention of gender,

friends FC black:0261 0441 3891

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

True, but, they never say anything about gender. Even when Buneary likes Pikachu, they refrain from saying any gender like "I think it likes Pikachu" or "I think Buneary likes Pikachu!" Never any mention of gender,[/quote]

Yeah, but then again you would believe that Pikachu is a male. I'm not really sure why though. And the first episode when Dawn's Buneary was brought into the episode it was swooning and acting really girly around Pikachu so that was a dead giveaway for sure

Spitfire

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:23 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I would say its male, going by its voice

Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:23 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2