It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Avril Lavigne 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I used to like her. I don't really like her new album and I kind of almost hate it. But my fave album of hers is Under My Skin because it's very deep.

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:29 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Doomsdaysoul wrote:
I used to like her. I don't really like her new album and I kind of almost hate it. But my fave album of hers is Under My Skin because it's very deep.

Her new album is not Avril... That's what I get from it, it's not like her at all. Under My Skin and Let Go were her best albums ever. On each of those two albums I love every single song. On the Best Damn Thing, I like the songs, but I don't love them. Keep Holding On and When You're Gone are the two best on that one, in my opinion.

I love Avril Lavigne, and not Avril Whibley...

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:45 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lobsel-Vith wrote:
Doomsdaysoul wrote:

Her new album is not Avril... That's what I get from it, it's not like her at all. Under My Skin and Let Go were her best albums ever. On each of those two albums I love every single song. On the Best Damn Thing, I like the songs, but I don't love them. Keep Holding On and When You're Gone are the two best on that one, in my opinion.

I know what you mean, she doesn't sound like herself. Her third album gets very tiresome after some listening too, while her others still sound good. I for one still listen to UMS, but her new album's collecting dust. You just can't connect with any of those songs, except a handful.

Thankfully, she seems to be getting tired of her new sound, hopefully she'll turn to something better.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Vulpine wrote:
Lobsel-Vith wrote:
Doomsdaysoul wrote:

I know what you mean, she doesn't sound like herself. Her third album gets very tiresome after some listening too, while her others still sound good. I for one still listen to UMS, but her new album's collecting dust. You just can't connect with any of those songs, except a handful.

Thankfully, she seems to be getting tired of her new sound, hopefully she'll turn to something better.

I really do hope that she will go back to her old sound. In the Myspace Avril group, everyone is really wanting her to go back. Some people like her new sound, but the majority prefer her older sounds. I loved all the songs on Under My Skin and Let go, but like I said there's only a few that I really like on The Best damn Thing... Apparently she was 'happy' when she wrote the songs to The Best Damn Thing - does that mean she was sad on the other ones?

Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:02 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lobsel-Vith wrote:
I really do hope that she will go back to her old sound. In the Myspace Avril group, everyone is really wanting her to go back. Some people like her new sound, but the majority prefer her older sounds. I loved all the songs on Under My Skin and Let go, but like I said there's only a few that I really like on The Best damn Thing... Apparently she was 'happy' when she wrote the songs to The Best Damn Thing - does that mean she was sad on the other ones?

Nah, methinks she was just tired from all the effort she put in UMS and needed something easy instead. Enter TBDT. But maybe now she's ready to get back to writing seriously and working harder on albums. Anything would be better. Even if she decided to rap in one of them (after hearing her rap on her tour, I admit she's pretty good ><) I'd prefer it to TBDT. She will prolly do something different, AGAIN. But that's alright, anything would be a step forward, just as long as it sounds like she truly worked on it.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:44 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

*gasps* I like Avril! D= She's one of my fave artists!
I'll admit I don't listen to her songs 24/7 but I still like them..!

Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:48 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Bad Reputation (Joan Jett Cover)

Adia (Sarah McLachlan Cover)

Both of the covers are very nicely done, but her voice in "Adia" is beautiful and definitely suits the song. It reminds me of "Innocence" in a way. Perhaps it's the way she sings it.

Anyways, what do you guys think? Good or no good? Should she have left them uncovered or do her covers live up to the originals?

Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:10 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I use to like...Avril Lavigne...but I dont really like her now...she seems to have gone abit slutty no offence to anyone one here who likes her.
I liked the old Avril...like her tomboyish style with ties and stuff :)
But meh..people change I guess so...Hayley from Paramore has beaten her I think :)

Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lol, I saw the thread and KNEW it had to have been created by Vulpeh. :P

I don't really like her that much, but Girlfriend was good.

And no Vulpy, I don't think shes hot. :(

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:46 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Well duh I created it. And yes she is. She even had a song called "Hot"

:P

So there.

And nasha, you can hardly call her slutty. Why? Just because she dances in videos and didn't before? :S

Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2