It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Topic Notification PROBLEM(Still an Issue, Psypoke!) 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, I was gonna do this for a while. Ever since I got back in the swing of Psypoke, I've noticed something about the topic notifications. At first, I was under the impression they didn't work, even though I've checked and rechecked my setting a bunch of times (not exactly sure what #), but then this morning my e-mail inbox had 24+ new topic notifications, all old! I'm not sure what it is, but it is obvious that the Topic Notification thingy is a little slow. I checked and rechecked my settings this morning twice, but I just assumed (sorry) that is was something with Psypoke.

Ok... so... yeah... I just thought you should know. I don't know... whether to make this a discussion or to ask you to fix it or just... what. Is it just me? Could it be something I did?

EDIT: 9/5/08
Ok, no notifications in two weeks and I get them in two hours. Checked e-mails in Computer Grpahics class, go through rest of school, come home and I have an inbox of 63 unread!!! An easy 58 of them all from Psypoke, ALL OLD NEWS! This is a serious issue. Please, can SOMEONE fight it?

Last edited by comedianmasta on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I've personally never had this problem. If I want notifications when someone posts a reply, I usually get an email at the exact time someone replies.

Have you been receiving emails regularly? If so, and this is a new thing, then it's probably an issue on our side; however, if you have had problems with receiving emails before, check your email settings, or possibly use a different email provider.

Today, in the midst of foreplay, this girl tells me I am so hot, I respond "Ditto." She heatedly responds "I love ditto," to which I suavely reply "I didn't know you were into Pokemon. That may make you even sexier." She knows nothing about Pokemon, but I sure know how to kill the mood. FML

{dragonair}

Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Back when I first started I got e-mails almost as soon as people posted, now I don't!

Also, new info!

Some topics are working fine, a little off, yes, but others aren't even sending at all "Like this one, I never recieved a reply). I may not be recieving them YET, but as of NOW I have no new notifications for half my topics that people reply to. So, I've been forced to run around Psypoke seeing if anyone's replied to my topics. It's anoying.

No offense, but I believe it's a Psypoke screw-up. Something on your side. Sorry. My e-mail has experienced no such problems before, and it's only with this site.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Location: somewhere in time. following your life. plotting to control you.
i got the same problem :frustrated:

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

kinda related, i have 'notify on PM' checked in my user cp, yet have not received any email of any sort like I used to. i've received two pms in the past three days, and furthermore have flicked through my junk folder.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:29 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

DragonPhoenix wrote:
kinda related, i have 'notify on PM' checked in my user cp, yet have not received any email of any sort like I used to. i've received two pms in the past three days, and furthermore have flicked through my junk folder.

I'm with him, I think I forgot to say. PM notifications also don't show. Should I try to reset my e-mail back to the same one? Could that be the quick fix?

Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I don't know if it's my email account or something else, but I received the notifications today.. 4 & 5 days after I received the PMs.

Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I don't know if it's my email account or something else, but I received the notifications today.. 4 & 5 days after I received the PMs.

My notification-emails came today, too.

Click here to feed me!...............................Click here to feed me!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!.................Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok, I was waiting because I thought I would be double posting but it turns out I'm not. Shows I need TOPIC NOTIFIERS! This is still an issue and Now I've got Zero topic notifications. I'll admit, Psypoke has been quiet. But still, I haven't gotten a single topic notification in a week and a half (and I've been having issues for about two weeks, maybe more. Whenever I started comming back).

This is still an issue and I haven't gotten any help or word yet. I tried re-submitting my e-mail on my profile to make sure it's correct, nothing! Can somebody please help? Not having topic notifications is hard. YOU try it for half a month, Topic Notifications is a luxuray we need to have!

I thank all mods who post after this for giving time out of their day to help me and those with simalar issues.

Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]