It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 Marvel films/comics 
I need to shut the **** up

I was wondering one day if ANYONE likes Marvel comics/the films as much as me. Sooooooooo.......
Are you a fan of Spidey? Are the X-men your role-models? Do you adore the Incredible Hulk?
Reply here...
{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {chingling} {piplup}

OMG! Ender at the End Shop is AMAZING!!! Visit it now: End Shop!!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Why do you want to know? Are you stalking me? *Does a double take*
Hmm, well, I like the Spider-man movies, they're pretty good, enough to keep me watching them. Iron Man looks absolutely amazing too. But it seems as if they're about to make a live action movie adaption of every comic book superhero / villain possible, plus three sequels to each of them. It'll end up becoming somewhat annoying to have a new superhero release every month, even though they do brilliant jobs with them.

Quote:
Sometimes I think the meaning of life is to take our minds off of death.
Pichu - Pokemon Mansion (Not the Cinnabar One) [That would be my fanfic]

Last edited by Sparrow on Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ugly color

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:29 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

To me Iron Man was the best Marvel movie they made, Spider Man wasn't that good, and i still ave to watch the Hulk

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm

Has no one EVER heard of X-men?? A lot better than Iron Man, that Marvel film was highly average.
{chingling} {dragonite} Chingling {piplup} {chingling}

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
i want to see the hulk 2. i grew up with that show. i also remember the thing versus the hulk (animated of course). i hope the'll do that with the movies

Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

You know, I never liked Iron Man because of the color combination (red and yellow) of his suit and because I thought he was made of iron, a not-so-strong metal; but after watching the Iron Man movie, he is now one of my favorites heroes. (in the movie the red/gold coloration looks great and I learned his suit is actually made of gold)

I really liked that movie; it's Mechatronic at its best, even if it's currently fictional. (yes, I believe that someday, maybe 50 years later, mechanics will be able to build armors similar to Iron Man's)

Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:26 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Darjulok wrote:
because I thought he was made of iron, a not-so-strong metal;
and I learned his suit is actually made of gold

Um... Gold is one of the softest elements around... Iron is quite a bit stronger than Gold. That's why Iron was used for construction all the time before we figured out how to turn it into Steel?

Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:55 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

JsXtm wrote:
Um... Gold is one of the softest elements around... Iron is quite a bit stronger than Gold. That's why Iron was used for construction all the time before we figured out how to turn it into Steel?

Gold is weaker than iron? Hmm. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Stark needed a lighter metal, so I guess if gold is lighter, then it must be weaker than iron, as you say. I don't know why I thought gold was both stronger and lighter than iron. So, that means Iron Man is (or should be) vulnerable to many things like explosions, etc., explaining why he had a hard time beating his movie nemesis; I thought it was only the size what made that thing stronger.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i enjoyed all the spider man movies but Topher Grace (that 70's show-Eric) as venom???? wow they really messed up right there. Venom is supposed be big and buff but topher grace is just weak and scrawny. and that whole emo look for spiderman when the symbyote is attached to him is not that good.
anyways if you are going to see the new Batman movie any time soon be prepared to sit down for a really long time. also, PAY ATTENTION TO THE BEGINNING OF THE MOVIE. and you might notice something towards the end. thats all i am going to say. there were many times when i thought the movie was about to end but it kept on going. i think it was even longer than titanic. great movie though.
as for iron man... i never bother watching for the fact that i hate that song they use (I am iron man)
as for the also new hulk movie.... it was just pure awesome.

Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:48 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Darjulok wrote:
JsXtm wrote:

Gold is weaker than iron? Hmm. Oh yeah, I just remembered that Stark needed a lighter metal, so I guess if gold is lighter, then it must be weaker than iron, as you say. I don't know why I thought gold was both stronger and lighter than iron. So, that means Iron Man is (or should be) vulnerable to many things like explosions, etc., explaining why he had a hard time beating his movie nemesis; I thought it was only the size what made that thing stronger.

Actually, Gold is significantly heavier than Iron, too. Didn't he need like a gold coating, to fix the icing problem?
IIRC, it was a gold coating, with a titanium (or some other lightweight super-strong composite) for the frame.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:02 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yes, gold is quite heavy. Heavier than iron, I'm not sure. Small worthless fact: titanium on its own is quite brittle so Stark probably used a titanium steel alloy, although I think I recall that he used a titanium gold alloy in the movie hence the gold colored suit before the red paint was applied.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

flaming_fox wrote:
Yes, gold is quite heavy. Heavier than iron, I'm not sure.

Iron: Atomic Symbol Fe, Atomic Mass 55.845
Gold: Atomic Symbol Au, Atomis Mass 196.96

Gold is almost 4 times heavier than Iron on an atomic basis.

Okay, Gold-Titanium Alloy makes sense, I was having trouble remembering the specifics of that part of the movie.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:01 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Yeah, I was pretty sure that gold was heavier but I didn't want to claim something that I wasn't 100% about.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh, I guess I didn't pay that much attention to that part of the movie. I thought Stark changed the metal of its armor to gold after his disastrous landing experience because it was lighter, but it seems that I'm wrong :?

Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Location: IN THE EMOTIONLESS TRAWLING FERVOR'S OF MY INSANE MIND.
X-men was good, Spiderman was fairly decent and Iron Man was ok. X-men was very realistic to me and a lot more interesting than the others because there was more than one set of super abilities, plus the characters were less of mary-sues than the rest. Spiderman had a good plot and a lot of nice action, but it came off as a bit cliche. Iron Man had a pretty hectic plot but it redeemed itself with humor and it's adaptation to this day and age.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:16 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I've never been a fan of comics in general: I usually prefer to read comic strips to magazines, and I only started to grow interested in large panels when I first started to read Manga. However, I still don't like american comics very much, even though I have to admit the graphics and lineart are very attractive.

I've never read Marvel comics before (and probably never will), except for one short Nightcrawler special edition, which shows a fragment of his life before the events of X-Men 2. And, to be honest, I've also never been that interested in Super-Heroes, whether they're from Marvel or DC, or any other company. I guess I just don't like that genre.

However, after watching a few movies and getting to know about some characters a little bit better, I came to the conclusion I prefer the Marvel heroes to the DC supers, probably because they are somehow more connected to biology or nature. I don't know anything about the characters that's deeper than what the movies have presented, because I don't really bother to read their respective comics or watch their cartoon shows, so I can't quite say whether the movies are legitimate or not to them. Judging as a complete outsider, though, I really enjoy Marvel films, specially the X-Men and Spiderman series. By the trilogy, I can say I'm an X-Men fan, and I honestly hope there are more movies from the mutants to come.

Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:42 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spiderman and all his villains are awesome. I enjoy watching Spiderman the Animated Series, Spectacular Spiderman, and all 3 movies. Go go Spidey.

Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

i like venom and iron man because the are the best

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:34 am

PS Pokejack117....
That was necromancy, methinks.
You're not supposed to post in threads which haven't been posted in for more than a month.
Just a heads up.
{dragonite} Chingling {chingling}

Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:28 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

oh,sorry about that

Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Do NOT tell other people off, *superiorchingling*, that is our job, not yours.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]