It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 What do you like to cook for yourself? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I just got done making myself some scrambled eggs. What do you all like to make to eat? Assuming you cook, that is. <=P

Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:00 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like to bake cookies.
And make pasta. Pasta is the best thing that ever happened to mankind. Sauces, soups, etc. i cook a LOT.
Favorite thing to make?
hm. Probably a crazy thing that i call "Three noodle insano ramen chicken noodle soup."
But I can actually make stuff that requires skill if i feel like it.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
pizza, pasta, pasta, pizza. preferably lasagna, pizza, spaggeti and-a meat-a-balls-a. mmmm i could live of the stuff. oh wait... i do.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:49 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A pound of taco seasoned ground beef, mixed with a can of refried beans, mixed and cooked together with various spices, eaten with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on tortilla chips is really good, and it could last me two or three meals. Or burritos if I don't have any chips are good.

A box of hamburger helper without the hambuger suffices for a meal.

The occasional calzone, though I still don't have a good recipe.

Hamburgers cooked in a sauce made up of mostly worsteshire sauce, and a few random ingredients and spices mixed in.

Waffles, pancakes, bacon and eggs (usually scrambled and in a flour tortilla with cheese and ketchup).

I still need to find something that I like in fruits and vegitables, aside from salads.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:07 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I myself don't do a lot of cooking (in fact, I hate doing it), but my little sister LOVES it. She cooks (pretty much on a daily basis) cookies, pastas, seafood, swiss on rye . . . and a lot more that I can't think of right now. But myself, about all I like to make (because it's all I can) is toast.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I love making Victoria sponge cakes - I design and make my own birthday cake every year.

For my tenth birthday, I designed and made (with my mother's help back then) a butterfree cake with a marbled-blue icing background.

Tasted nice too.

Other than that, I scramble eggs, make bacon sandwiches, simple things that will keep me alive in Uni.

xox

Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:04 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

My mom calls me Chef Boyardee for good raisin.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:49 pm
Profile YIM
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pasta
Beef stew
Ceaser salad w/ chicken

Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

i don't like cooking half as much as i like baking, though it's rare that i get the chance to do either - our fridge is jam-packed with stuff you can have ready in three minutes by just shoving it in the microwave; the pantry's pretty much bare, nothing there but packages of ramen (that srsly need to be thrown out, ew) and canned goods. i'd have to go shopping before i cooked or baked anything. D:

i'm not a very..experienced cook. all i really know how to make is mac n cheese, nachos and chicken noodle soup. i don't find cooking enjoyable in the least. it seems more like a chore, if you ask me. the only reason i would cook for myself is if i was worried about how much i was snacking recently, and if i ran out of individual pizzas.

baking is a lot funner (and more rewarding imo). cookies, cupcakes, scones - you name it, i can make it..yeah, okay, probably not, but still. i don't mind the wait while it's in the oven, and the results are always delicious. <3

my favorite thing to bake are the hershey's best brownies (i obviously have an all-chocolate cookbook ;p). they are fudgey and soft and chocolaty and utterly SCRUMPTIOUS. if i could, i'd bake some right now and send all of you a piece. here's a link to the recipe, if you're interested.

Last edited by Valentine on Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I make salads like knowbodiiz bwuiznez. and dressings too. Other than that, I do a lot of sandwiches, tuna variations, sauces, pasta, and experimental cereal designs.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: under your keyboard, smiling at all the dust mites....
what are scones?

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:05 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Beer and steak, and basically only that.

Brautworst and burgers on occasion.

=02:47:08= <pop10> probably means your staff or soethingwich in that case i could getyou fired or i could report to nintendo how bad of website you run because you dont follow your own rules on the chats

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Carefully and meticulously microwaved eggs scrambled with a small portion of sliced cheese placed on top. Toast is then placed in the toaster at a random setting (This way, it's always a surprise! I like to spice up my life, you see) and they are done at approximately the same time.

Another classic of mine is my 'il hot dog in la microwave', where a frozen hot dog is carved from the depths of the freezer and placed on a small plate. It is then put in the microwave for forty seconds, where its veil of ice (and occasionally pieces of ice-cream that stuck to it in the freezer) comes off to reveal a steaming, ready hot dog. From there it is placed onto a piece of bread with tomato sauce poured onto it.

DEVINE.

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

For those who don't know, I used to be a cook, so I actually do enjoy cooking to an extent, despite not being so great at it. My meals are usually cheap and simple since food is expensive, and after work, I don't prefer to plan much time for cooking since I have plenty of other things I should be doing. Sometimes I attempt different things in the cooking process of simpler meals off the top of my head, but often they don't work well. However, I do all right off recipe cooking and have on occasion made something that turned out well I thought up.

There's nothing in particular that I enjoy cooking more than another. It's usually just something that I'd like to try to make that I haven't yet, if I can afford to, or something I know I can make and have before. Most of the time I'm not prepared to make anything special and I end up eating chips, cereal, or mac and cheese.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm really bad at cooking really fancy meals but I like to make Ramen noodles (real traditional Japanese Ramen not from a cup Ramen) and chicken filled dumplings. The dumplings are so yummy and filling and together with the Ramen and a nice glass of Tea it's definitely one of my favorite meals.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:32 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hmm. Real Ramen is great, but from a cup/package ramen isn't bad either. I've always tried to avoid chicken filled pastas. There is just something wrong with the idea of ground chicken. But ground beef, some ginger juice, sesame oil and soy sauce, shove that into wontons and it's amazing.

Yay for tea!

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:04 pm
The Geek
The Geek

I like making cookies. Anzac Biscuits, though messy and expensive, are made of win.
I love all sorts of pastas; spaghetti, ravioli, anything. Load it up with cheeses and meat.
I like waffles.
On the subject of breakfast items, omelets are always good.

But, the best of all has to be anything cooked over fire. Steak, burgers, brats, doesn't matter. Give me a hole in the ground, some wood, and a grate to set over it, and I'll cook all you want. Just don't pester me about how much longer, or I'll throw you in to feed the fire.

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm a boy, but I'm being trained by my Mum to cook....yaya Cooking isn't just for Gals, but it's just wierd in the current society...My father works and my Mum does the Housework....it's just plain weird to have it the other way round...

Anyway, looks like she isn't a bad "teacher". I've learnt how too Cook better than all my Classmates...anyway, I like to cook Stir-Fried Dumplings and Burgers....they're so easy to make and they're delicious. :lol:

Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:58 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Hmm... Interresting topic... :lol:

Anyway...I sorta learned how to cook watching my mother, but mostly from my Grandma, i kinda got from her my addiction with pepper... Probably only me and her (and maybe my dog... :lol: ) can stand everything i cook for myself... (You know... Because it's
HOT! )

Let's see... Spagetti, Burger,Omelete du Fromaurge, Strognoff, Fry Chicken, Rice (with lot's of garlic,potatoes and peas!), Meat (especially Steak and Bacon), the life saver for all times Cup Ramen...

And some Cakes and other sweets...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:33 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Chocolate muffines o/

THANKS TOHammythepig for the Egg & avatar & transportation, and DragonSpear for the sig.
Saint_Jimmy for my awesome TC, Afonso for Palkarai

Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:18 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Those "complete meal" things that you just have to add water to and throw in the oven. <3

Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: I'm stuck somewhere... Not quite sure where that is though.
I cook steak, grilled chicken, fried chicken, pastas, hamburgers, hot dogs, grilled cheeses, meat for tacos, dumplings and a whole lot of other stuff. I love to cook. The last time I tried to cook eggs, they stuck. That was a few years ago though.

Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:51 pm
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You can't go wrong with poptarts :wink: .

http://obeliskgfx.wordpress.com

Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

HOT POCKETS! I am a microwave enthusiast and recently figured out how to make cake in the microwave! 0_o

Try it, it's good!
http://www.instructables.com/id/5_minut ... late_Cake/

My Shinies: {victreebel} {chikorita} {ralts} {bellossom} {slakoth} {shedinja} {meditite} {cacturne} {deoxys} {shinx} PM Me Anytime For Trades

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]