It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Just an idea... 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I'm sure plenty of you have heard of the fan-made Gold and Silver remake called "Shiny Gold" using the FireRed ROM ( http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=74447 )

Well, I never played it, mainly because it never worked for me on my computer... Anyway, I had an idea. It's just an idea. It's nothing serious really, but I thought it'd be cool if there was a remake of the third Generation I counterparts, even if it was a fan-made thing. Since Japan got Red and Green and only got Blue afterwards, and we only got Blue but not Green making Yellow the third version, I thought about combining the two. Thus, I dubbed my idea "Pokemon: Blue Lightning Version" but then realized that the color comes after the object, so I then changed it to "Lightning Blue." Blue as in water or Blastoise, and Lightning as in Pikachu. I spent a few hours making a bad edit of the Generation III boxes for fun-

(bigger, uglier version here- http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/3861/l ... bigqo2.png )

Now, I would guess the blue would mean nothing at the end of the day but signify that it's a third counterpart from FireRed and LeafGreen. I had the original Green at one point and as I recall the original Red, Blue, and Green versions weren't different at all besides Pokemon sprites and selection of Pokemon in each game. Maybe it could have to do with Garry/Blue or his Blastoise as that's apparently the starter he recieved from Oak. Or not. So it would likely fall back on the "Lightning" portion of its name and be a remake of Yellow, I guess. You'll notice I put all of Pikachu's evolutionary line in. I'm not sure why... I guess I hated that Pikachu would refuse to evolve. Maybe that feature could stay in, yet the player could at the same time catch another Pikachu and choose to evolve it. I don't know. But it would have the major improvements the original Yellow had, I guess. Like a plot similar to the original anime where the trainer can get all starters and gym leaders like Surge have the same Pokemon they had in the show. I guess for Surge it'd be Raichu, and since Raichu is on the box it'd be cool to maybe incorporate it into the game's plot? I don't know... Team Rocket might have a bigger role? Who knows?

This was just a silly little idea I had. I wouldn't know where to begin with making a game like this. I wonder, are there any members here that might know anything about ROMS, Advance Map, or any of that? I hope my idea isn't against the rules or anything. I'm not advocating illegal distribution of copy written games for profit or anything or the sort, so my apologies if anyone gets that idea.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:19 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

The link you provided isn'tworking for me for the fan made game. If it's an image, could you possibly use the IMG tags?

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's just a larger scale version. Same picture; I just condensed it to make the first one.

Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

excellent idea, but i have no idea how one would go about doing so.

quae incensus cogitat grama esse bonus.
incendit per noctam,
et sic excitavit;
invenit veru magnum ano.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah I tried to ask the ROM guys over at pokecommunity but I didn't get any answers or help so blah. <=[

Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:36 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This is a GREAT idea!!! :wink:

I <3 it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Keep bringing it up with those PokeCommunity guys.

Don't give up.

Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:59 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

gatorgirl7563 wrote:
This is a GREAT idea!!! :wink:

I <3 it.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Keep bringing it up with those PokeCommunity guys.

Don't give up.

Alright then, I'll give it one more shot over there. :D

Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:21 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Why not just take Miyamoto hostage until they meet our demands?

Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]