Sneaky Sneasel wrote:
Anthony

This. It means "flower" lol.

You got a problem with flowers, punk?

Mon May 12, 2008 5:27 am
Profile YIM
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I actually have 2 Middle names. Kenneth being named after my grandfather on my dad's side of the family and Alan named after my Dad's best friend.

Pokemon Pearl FC:2749 9225 9473

Up for a battle anytime! Just PM me.

Mon May 12, 2008 1:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Frederick, my grandfather's first name.

Mon May 12, 2008 4:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Andrew. its my dads

Mon May 12, 2008 5:51 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my middle name is Arron Yes im wierd that i can not spell anything correctly

so my middle name is probably spelled wrong :lol:

Wed May 14, 2008 3:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Interesting.
My Middle Name is Cancio
My Mom was put for adoption.
That's why it's Cancio.
The name is from China.
But if my mom wasn't put up for adoption when she was a child it would have been Tarnate.
Originally Tan-Ate. When the Spaniards arrived here in The Philippines it was made Tarnate.
I promise you. You wouldn't want to know my whole name. Probably the longest name you ever saw.

Wed May 14, 2008 6:42 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

my name is Ahmar. It may sound weird but it is arabian for 'Red' which is even more weird. My dad named me after his best friend in college i think.
keep in mind i am NOT ARABIAN

Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Inta Xonem wrote:
rio_uk wrote:
James. From the Latin "Jacobus" meaning supplanter.

That's also my middle name :o
My first name is Daniel, and I'm too lazy to look that up. My surname is welsh, apparently.

Daniel is hebrew, but most of its usage is french. Daniel is my middle name. It means 'God is my judge'.

Francisco is my first name. Francisco is spanish/portuguese, for francis or frank. Frank is german. Frank means 'those who use franks' A frank was a certain kind of spear that the northern franch used. 'Frank' (the spear) is also why france is called france. Frank is a shorter version of francis. Francis is latin. Francis means 'frenchmen' or 'those who live in france'.

Coincidentally, I have french blood in me.

BTW, I'll give out two surname meanings. In mexico you get both your dad's and moms last name. Wifes also keep their own last name. ex: my full name is Francisco Daniel Gutierrez Alonzo. first name, 'second name', dads surname, moms surname. Legally, first names and second names can be inverted, so you say which you want to be the dominant name. I myself choose daniel.

Gutierrez is spanish. 'Gutierre' is the spanish version of 'Walter'. The 'z' at the end means 'son of'. Gutierrez literally means 'son of Walter'. Gutierrez means 'he who rules'.

Alonzo is french/southern italian. 'Alonso' has no english equivalent. Replacing the 's' for 'z' at the end means 'son of'. Alonzo literally means 'son of Alonso'. Alonzo & Alonso means 'ready for war.'

*(note on alonzo/alonso: Alonso is exclusive for name. Alonzo is exclusive for last name. The 'z' makes the difference)

Thu May 15, 2008 1:39 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Since everyone else has, I think I'll elaborate on my etymology.

Steven is a form of Stephen (and I can thank my parents for bastardising the spelling). Stephen is Greek for "crown", apparently. It is also the name of a famous martyr, several kings and ten popes.

While I don't wish to give my surname, I will say that it's reputedly an Anglicisation of a common Jewish surname.

Thu May 15, 2008 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

lawl okay i'll post my etymology too

lorraine is from a region in france, meaning 'kingdom of lothair'. lothair was the great-grandson of charlemagne.

Thu May 15, 2008 2:29 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Joseph Dominic S. at your service. Funny bonus for initials: Joseph D.S. ; Nintendo got the idea from me first!

Speaking of middle names, there's a little tradition regarding them in my family (started by my father). If you are male, you take the previous male family member's middle name and take it as your first name. I'll show how I got mine:

My dad's name was Gene Vincent S. When my older brother was born, he passed on his middle name to name my brother Vincent Joseph S. Then when I was born, I took Vinny's middle name as my first.

Sat May 17, 2008 3:34 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

James Anthony are my first and middle names but I prefer people to call me Jamie. And for some added lulz, my last name begins with R therefore my initials are JAR. Personally I hate the name Anthony but then again you never get a say in these things. I was considering getting my last name changed tbh but it would be pretty disrespectful to my Dad, considering he doesn't have any brothers and I'm the last one in the male family line on my fathers side.

Sat May 17, 2008 3:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lynnette

Isn't it pretty?

^^^spongedude made this. He is AWESOME!!

Sun Jun 01, 2008 2:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wilson. British.

I was named after my mom's step-grandfather's surname, her granparents became her and her brother's legal gaurdians after their parents abandoned them. He was an extremely kind man that treated her like his own granddaughter and died when she was 19.

I am the only relative and male to continue two surnames in my family.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:14 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my first name is Francis and my middle name is Ramon.. which i dont kow which is either from so thats why you can read the bottom... of what francisco wrote... and alos im actualy from four differne places.. im part american sinc ei was born here im also part dominican cuz' of my mother and father, im puerto rican cuz of part of my fathers side, and im french from part of my mothers side what mix dont you think.. and i also speak all three languages good enough to understand and respond... :D

black_flygon wrote:
Inta Xonem wrote:
rio_uk wrote:
James. From the Latin "Jacobus" meaning supplanter.

That's also my middle name :o
My first name is Daniel, and I'm too lazy to look that up. My surname is welsh, apparently.

Daniel is hebrew, but most of its usage is french. Daniel is my middle name. It means 'God is my judge'.

Francisco is my first name. Francisco is spanish/portuguese, for francis or frank. Frank is german. Frank means 'those who use franks' A frank was a certain kind of spear that the northern franch used. 'Frank' (the spear) is also why france is called france. Frank is a shorter version of francis. Francis is latin. Francis means 'frenchmen' or 'those who live in france'.

Coincidentally, I have french blood in me.

BTW, I'll give out two surname meanings. In mexico you get both your dad's and moms last name. Wifes also keep their own last name. ex: my full name is Francisco Daniel Gutierrez Alonzo. first name, 'second name', dads surname, moms surname. Legally, first names and second names can be inverted, so you say which you want to be the dominant name. I myself choose daniel.

Gutierrez is spanish. 'Gutierre' is the spanish version of 'Walter'. The 'z' at the end means 'son of'. Gutierrez literally means 'son of Walter'. Gutierrez means 'he who rules'.

Alonzo is french/southern italian. 'Alonso' has no english equivalent. Replacing the 's' for 'z' at the end means 'son of'. Alonzo literally means 'son of Alonso'. Alonzo & Alonso means 'ready for war.'

*(note on alonzo/alonso: Alonso is exclusive for name. Alonzo is exclusive for last name. The 'z' makes the difference)

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

anne.

my middle name is worse than my first name if you ask me ;o

Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:46 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

well, i've got two middle names:
my full name is Dennis Titus Haim Bensoussan
dennis is my first name
Titus is the first middle name and i got it from my grandfather.
Haim(pronounce: Chahym) which i got from my other grandfather.
and Bensoussan,my family name(i'm jew, thats why it's so odd)

Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:50 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mine is Christopher

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:41 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Samuel.

My first name was going to be Sam, but it was too common for my parents' liking...

Plus, My family had a lot of respected people called Samuel.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:43 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

My middle name is Byron. My two sisters middle names are Catherine and Elisabeth (yes, spelled with an "s" and not a "z"). Apparently we had some irish ancestor whos full name was complied of those three. I think it may have been Elisabeth Catherine Byron, but I could be wrong, I'm pretty sure that her last name was Byron though.

Also, we have a dog whos name is Samantha Abigale, but we call her Abby because her name was originally Abigale Samantha Steele, but my mom didn't like what her initials spelled.

EDIT: Finally, I'm only one behind in rank!

Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

im a boy and my middle name is Cassidy. its a boy and a girl name. my first name is also a girl and a boy name.
First: Scottish Middle: Irish Last: i was adopted. My real last name is either irish or scottish. my adopted name in polish.

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My first name is Délcio...
Meaning/Origin:from Latin,The tenth son...
What is totally unreleated to me since i have no brothers or sisters... :lol:

My middle name is Rogério ...variation of Roger/Rogélio from French/German/Spanish
(don't ask me...many different sites told me many nacionalties but same meaning...) means Famous Spearman...

My last name is Moreira...
Meaning: Portuguese last name from geographic origin, is derived from amoreira (tree of the blackberry).

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushin22
Watch,Comment,Rate and Enjoy! ^_^x

*Currently BUSY with real life,so i might take a while to respond messages or RMTs... Sorry,I might be back someday...*

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

my middle name is dawn. i don't really mind it, since it goes with my first name. jessica dawn.

Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:35 pm
Ok I never thought I would share this but my middle name is shirly, eh... manly enough

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My middle name is... Holmes..
Orgin/meaning:English,Meadow near or surronded by water(island)
My first name is Benjamin
Orgin/meaning:Hebrew,Son of my right hand(favorite son) always wondered why my dad favored me over my brothers
My surname is McMahon
Orgin/meaning:Irish,Son of a bear or hero :shock:

hehe put it all together and get
Favored son of a bear on an island :lol:

Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next